Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extremely unrealistic AI lap times

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Extremely unrealistic AI lap times

Ive noticed quite a few people experiencing this issue now:

The AI seem to be able to post outrageous lap times. After spending the whole day yesterday running practice sessions for the Clio Cup at Silverstone, I noticed some of them getting times like 1.11s!!! No matter what I do to the car I can still only scrape a 1.16s - and that is a perfect lap with a solid set up.

Someone has suggested that some AI will post these crazy times if you simulate the session but I was driving for the whole 90 minute session and I was seeing these lap times appear on the scoreboard mid-session. It's worth noting that I've tried following plenty of them around the track and I have not physically witnessed any of them get even close to those kind of lap times. In fact, most of their actual times that I witnessed first-hand have been several seconds slower than me! This implies that the lap times are probably randomly generated when the player can't see them as opposed to them being properly simulated out on the track?

I have also witnessed some impossible cornering by the AI - specifically the last chicane on Silverstone.

Please see this thread:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ce-AI-laptimes

And this:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ight=lap+times

Just to summarise my issue and details:
    Car - Clio
    Event - Clio Cup
    Track - Silverstone
    AI difficulty - 80%
    Issue - AI posting laps of up to 5 seconds quicker than is physically possible.

Any info from the debs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    The following 2 users likes this Post: X30 Nemec666, XTRMNTR2K

Superkart Pilot
    I would be interested to know if the devs could confirm if the times are generated of actually simulated as I too have had this problem. I have followed cars and even overtook them to find out that they have posted lap times up to 7 or 8 seconds quicker than mine.

Platform
    PC
    I hope this is not true (reminds me of Qualifying of F1 Games)

But if, then they immediately need to fix that

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I can second this impossible cornering at silverstone with clio-cup and an AI difficulty of 80% set.
    System: ASRock990FX-Extreme9 | AMD-FX-9590 | PNY NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 | 2x G.Skill DIMM 8 GB DDR3-2400 | 4x WDC WD3000FYYZ [2x HW-RAID1] | SB Recon 3D PCIe | Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64 | Logitech G25 | TrackIR v5 Pro

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I also feel the AI has something fishy going off. I'm full speed overtaking a lykan hypersport in a P1, Clearly got the momentum advantage and a good speed advantage and he decides he wont allow this and just "gets more power" and comes FLYING past me in the corner?! like HOW I'm on the limit of grip?! and they're only on 50% difficulty... admittedly i'm driving on a pad... but in RaceRoom on the pad I have even WON some of the competitions (against players! and won like 4 copies of Simbin games i gave to friends as i already owned them.. :P )!.... ON MY PAD... the pad should be JUST AS FAST as the wheel, so its not that! There is so much wrong with the game! I don't know why I'm still enjoying it but I am lol

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Have a look at the leaderboards and use a ghost of someone elses lap times. If the AI is consistently quicker and doesn't post the odd unreasonably quick time then it's probably your driving style that is making you lose 5 seconds somewhere. Perhaps the line you are taking through a chicane is to slow or you're misjudging how much speed you can take through a corner.

At the end of the day this game is a sim and not an arcade game, it isn't forgiving and it isn't a pick up and play you need to practice these tracks and cards to get your lap times down to what is pace and then practice them more to perfect them. I love that aspect of it.

Scott

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I also noticed in the clio cup @ 80% difficulty at silverstone international the AI cars seem to be taking some incredible speed/lines through the chicanes and the carousel. I figured I just needed to find the right setup but since my car settings keep resetting to defaults every time I enter the pit box, it's made it nearly impossible to get a setup to improve my times. See thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...being-on-track

Platform
    PC
    Same here, I'm getting hammered. I can get occasionaly get 1.15's but they are low 1.15 (80%) and can't place better than mid pack in practice.

I've also noticed when I clearly get a better exit speed from a corner and step out to pass that by the time we are side by side they start pulling away. In a long straight away.

There stubbornness to brake late and go through corners side by side, even if off track is my biggest issue. I'd rather they mount attacks that unrealistically insane defence.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 00chapmano View Post
    Ive noticed quite a few people experiencing this issue now:

The AI seem to be able to post outrageous lap times. After spending the whole day yesterday running practice sessions for the Clio Cup at Silverstone, I noticed some of them getting times like 1.11s!!! No matter what I do to the car I can still only scrape a 1.16s - and that is a perfect lap with a solid set up.

Someone has suggested that some AI will post these crazy times if you simulate the session but I was driving for the whole 90 minute session and I was seeing these lap times appear on the scoreboard mid-session. It's worth noting that I've tried following plenty of them around the track and I have not physically witnessed any of them get even close to those kind of lap times. In fact, most of their actual times that I witnessed first-hand have been several seconds slower than me! This implies that the lap times are probably randomly generated when the player can't see them as opposed to them being properly simulated out on the track?

I have also witnessed some impossible cornering by the AI - specifically the last chicane on Silverstone.

Please see this thread:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ce-AI-laptimes

And this:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ight=lap+times

Just to summarise my issue and details:
    Car - Clio
    Event - Clio Cup
    Track - Silverstone
    AI difficulty - 80%
    Issue - AI posting laps of up to 5 seconds quicker than is physically possible.

Any info from the debs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I don't know if said cup is running in Silverstone National, or Stowe or International, but the best times of WMD people in Clio are
    1:04 for National
    1:00 for Stowe ( only 2 people so probably not too close to absolute maximum)
    1:14 for International ( which would make 1:11 definitely in the realms of hard to achieve, if even possible at all)

gaming pc |Processor| i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz |Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV Gene |Graphics| EVGA GTX1070 |Ram| CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2133 Mhz |Controllers|This is how I roll - Xbox360 Controller / DualShock3 PS3 Controller | Fanatec CSW2 + BMW M3 GT2 wheel |homepage| https://plus.google.com/photos/11071...ums?banner=pwa |steam name| nosalisCZ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrik Marek View Post
    I don't know if said cup is running in Silverstone National, or Stowe or International, but the best times of WMD people in Clio are
    1:04 for National
    1:00 for Stowe ( only 2 people so probably not too close to absolute maximum)
    1:14 for International ( which would make 1:11 definitely in the realms of hard to achieve, if even possible at all)
    This is very interesting! Where did you find this info?