Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please let us deactivate centering spring on ffb wheel

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Please let us deactivate centering spring on ffb wheel

Don't know if it's the same on pc but on PS4 we have the centering activate. We can not deactivate it in drivers and we can't deactivate it through editing the game files. It feels so unrealistic. It's ok when car stand still but if it start to move the wheel centers with full speed. It's hard to control the car when on low speed and strong ffb.

I've tried all sliders in the ffb options. Got my ffb right but it feels strange driving like this. Even games like Driveclub have this right and a SIM like pcars
    drives like on an arcade machine.
    I can wait till other things get fixed but this h kills my whole experience.Drift is almost impossible.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I agree, although some cars don't exhibit this, for example the formula c behaves as it should but the capri has the spring effect.
    I've spent hours trying to sort it but to no avail.
    Hope it's looked in to.
    Also the sliders need to be 0.01 increments instead of 0.05 - i can't get my ff removal correct.
    EDIT: PS4 as this is the ps4 thread!
    T300, sorry i should have stated that.
    Last edited by alegunner68; 12-05-2015 at 06:21. Reason: added info
    The following user likes this Post: thetoneranger

Platform
    PC
    signature guy's , xbx1/ ps4 and on this particular case , we don't know what wheel you guy's use, that may help other player give you some advice..

now on pc you can look here maybee that can help you: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...198#post891198

if you have a fanatec wheel the spr should be off to avoid that. pc or console.

ps: if you got a car to sensitive to drive and too much spring effect try to reduce the steering ratio into the car setup.you have to try i do not renmber if you have to reduce or up it
    Last edited by Eric Bergeret; 11-05-2015 at 16:44.
    Alias: Dounet I7 2600K | RAM 16GB | 780 Ti| Asus 3*23" Hd 5900x1080 | Wheel : CSW V2 _ |

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Confirmed for Thrustmaster T300RS (PS4). Please fix this by adding an option for center-spring-off because it's extremely annoying regardless any possible settings done in the ffb-setup.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: alegunner68, Katilla, thetoneranger, tmitch45

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I've played with every setting.updated the firmware off wheel and after almost 2 days I give up. It's not the ffb centering when going fast.It centers in every car right after the car start to move. Nothing but overall ffb strength reduce this.yeah but also every other force I want.this make the game more arcade than it should be.
    A friend on pc had this before disabling center spring in wheel driver settings.
    Please address this in patch.It's annoying as he'll.
    Last edited by TomekCB; 11-05-2015 at 19:01.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    i did some tests and contacted a friend. hes playing on pc and i told him to activate the center-spring in Thrustmaster drivers on windows.
    After doing that hes encounter the same centering force as me.

Solution is to give us the option to disable it ingame or disable it as default. I dont have the problem on Driveclub so it has to be done ingame.

Nobody drives games with FFB with this enabled. How to give this bug to the developers?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Exactly. The spring force eats up the ffb-effects when cornering hard. You can compensate for this a bit by lowering tire force but then you lower the small ffb-effects (small curbs etc) the same time. please add the option to turn center spring off with a patch to get a nice overall ffb.-performace on the tr300S on the PS4.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    You can see when the spring is on. Watch the clipping tool. Even without mixing of FFB signal there is the centering force. Like on pc with spring on in drivers.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It also seems car specific ( with me, anyway ) e.g. the fc acts as it should but the capri snaps to the middle.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    You should have this feel when driving fast but the wheel center right after car start to move. If you have tireforce on low it centers itself very quick and than the real tire centering cone in to play.If tireforce set very low you can feel how the wheel transition from static center spring FFB to physics driven FFB. But there should be no centering before the tire physics start straighten the wheel.

Looks like the wheel t300rs it's using the static center-spring effect till there is real FFB from in-game FFB. To me that's very strange and I can replicate it on friend's pc version if we allow the wheel to use the center spring setting this option in system driver ofthe wheel.

Please report this to the developers.It's a small issue but it kills the fun for everyone with a wheel on ps4.