Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please let us deactivate centering spring on ffb wheel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Delete
    Last edited by alegunner68; 15-05-2015 at 05:55.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    please fix this problem in PS4 , its so annoying.... i have the T300 too and its hard to play !

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I own the T500RS and have this problem as well. I have wrist problems and the centering spring forces magnify the pain and limit my time in game. Please come up with an option to turn centering spring forces off.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    The options for disabling it on pc is in one of the FFB Tweak files.
    Function is <value DisableSlowSpring="true" />
    Disabling it to <value DisableSlowSpring="false" /> turns the spring on slow driving of!

Why is there not an option ingame for doing this. On Console there is no way to change this.
    Again please let us change this. It kills the immersion for me. Coming to full stop after a spin with wheel full to one direction its dangerous because as you start to drive the wheel rotate full power back to center!!!!!

We got over 30 options to adjust the FFB but something essential like this is not there and only PC guys can disable it by tweaking files outside of the game.

Please let us disable it!!! And please give us a update when the patch will be released. We bought this game and hear nothing about patching this unfinished Product.

WMD Member
    This has been an issue ever since day one for me, years ago. Now I'm playing with a game pad on PS4 and the snap to center on most cars is TERRIBLE! While stopped you can see what I'm talking about in external view. Stick all the way left and the car steers at a pace you would think is normal. Now let go of the stick and the wheels snap almost instantly back to center. I think this is the biggest issue that is causing so many to struggle with game pad set ups. Fix this and the handling and control problems will mostly go away I think.

Two biggest problems for me are downshifting problems and snap to center. Fix these and the game will survive I think. If not, they're just too frustrating to work around, no matter how great the game is.
    Last edited by TGFan; 17-05-2015 at 15:24.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TGFan View Post
    Stick all the way left and the car steers at a pace you would think is normal. Now let go of the stick and the wheels snap almost instantly back to center.
    Mine doesnt do that. The wheels stay where they are - turned.
    They only snap back to centre when I accelerate.
    Last edited by Skeme_DBT; 17-05-2015 at 22:48.
    PS4 USER / T300 RS / TH8A / T3PA PRO / RICMOTECH RS1/CHEETAH MOD

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah but wheel should center progressively as you accelerate, not instant center as with center spring. It destroys the whole FFB setup. I like Fy not so strong. When accelerating my wheel goes hard to center and than progressively lighter as I accelerate. And it's dangerous with strong wheel because with FFB to 100% as it should be the spring is always at 100 and snaps to center before FyIt's tyre force come to action. It's wrong.
    Same in slow corners. Wheel gets very hard to turn as I drive slower than lighter as I accelerate and than again stronger. Almost impossible to control the car in slow corners.

Platform
    PC

For the T500 RS on PC...

The centering spring effect can be almost completely disabled via the TH control panel on PC.

You need to check the "controlled by driver" (or whatever is called) option and then set it to 0% strength.
    This, plus the Jack Spade FFB profiles effectively makes it much better... though, it makes the wheel a bit "light" compared to the setting before.

I strongly support the need to disable this option on every platform.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31
    The following user likes this Post: Luke Townsend

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah but wheel should center progressively as you accelerate, not instant center as with center spring. It destroys the whole FFB setup. I like Fy not so strong. When accelerating my wheel goes hard to center and than progressively lighter as I accelerate. And it's dangerous with strong wheel because with FFB to 100% as it should be the spring is always at 100 and snaps to center before FyIt's tyre force come to action. It's wrong.
    Same in slow corners. Wheel gets very hard to turn as I drive slower than lighter as I accelerate and than again stronger. Almost impossible to control the car in slow corners.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    No possibility to change this on console. That's why this is so annoying.
    Last edited by TomekCB; 18-05-2015 at 09:44.