Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHERE IS WALLY? - AKA I am unable to ascertain the location of my opponents.

Platform
    PC

WHERE IS WALLY? - AKA I am unable to ascertain the location of my opponents.

"I'm running, I try to know where my opponents, look for mirrors, waste time and am overcome."
    In some racing games there is an indicative arrow telling the closeness of the opponent, the left, right or behind.
    My suggestion: put an option multiple choice, with or without indicating arrow.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Eighty Four, robertedell, yusupov

WMD Member
    This is a racing simulator, which closely represents real racing.

You have mirrors, the ability to turn your virtual head and gap indicators on the HUD. Plus of course the sound.

Learn to use these cues, and you'll never go back to the warning arrows.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: DayGlow, Espen S. Andresen, Kevin Brown, Scoobydude46, Tomcul

Platform
    PC
    I use the mirrors, I use the sound as reference but not all people use what ends up causing a lot of confusion and spoiling the fun. I know this game is a simulator but as already there are so many options on the menu I see no harm in suggesting something that reduces accidents.

Platform
    PC
    My hoby is racing simulator, my first game was NASCAR RACING 2. Currently I have some simulators: ASSETTO CORSA, rFactor 2, GAME STOCK CAR, Simraceway, RaceRoom and PCARS. I may not have full knowledge of the subject but a light on the dashboard indicating the closeness would be very important to avoid unwanted closed.

Platform
    PC
    There is no problem with providing suggestions. Just make sure to first search to see if your idea has been suggested, and also make sure to use the proper area of the forum:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/for...re-Suggestions

It would also be helpful to use a thread title that is a little more appropriate as many people will skip threads with titles like this..
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: MABlosfeld

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    There is no problem with providing suggestions. Just make sure to first search to see if your idea has been suggested, and also make sure to use the proper area of the forum:

It would also be helpful to use a thread title that is a little more appropriate as many people will skip threads with titles like this..
    I don't know. I understood instantly that 'Where is Wally' means, I'm struggling with Ai alongside me.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: donpost, GAT_Montana, MABlosfeld, Mahjik, Roger Prynne, Yuyuko

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

You're right, maybe the title "WHERE IS THE OPPONENT?" would be more successful.
    I apologize for posting in the wrong place, I always look if there is already a subject related but this time I was too hasty. Thank you for your attention and for the information.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    I don't know. I understood instantly that 'Where is Wally' means, I'm struggling with Ai alongside me.
    Use freetrack + opentrack (head movement) and even then it's difficult to know where is the opponent (single or multiplayer). A user posted that this game is a simulator and proximity sensors makes no sense, I disagree. Remember when implemented ABS brakes, many complained saying "... This game is simulator want to use ABS will play NEED FOR SPEED..." My opinion: if there is in real life can and must exist in the virtual life. sensores de estacioanamento e de aproximação é uma tecnologia que existe a muito tempo, não sei porque usar sensor de aproximação vai deixar o jogo pcars menos simulador.
    Last edited by MABlosfeld; 12-05-2015 at 14:34.

WMD Member
    Bit more info from your race engineer or spotter where cars around you might be something that is better. Something like in iRacing.
    The following user likes this Post: MABlosfeld

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MABlosfeld View Post
    A user posted that this game is a simulator and proximity sensors makes no sense, I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by MABlosfeld View Post
    My opinion: if there is in real life can and must exist in the virtual life.
    I can't tell if you're arguing for or against the proximity sensors. AFAIK there are no proximity sensors in real life for racing. (Parking, yes. Racing, no).