Thread: Possible wet race bug after a restart and off Formula A behaviour.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Possible wet race bug after a restart and off Formula A behaviour.

So I've just been doing some short practise races in changing conditions. The last one was a 10 lap GT race around Donnington GP, starting dry with heavy rain coming around lap 5.

The race started well and I managed to get to 3rd place. Then, at lap 5, I saw rain drops on the wind screen, but the track seemed fine and I carried on for another lap, some AI pitted. Towards the end of the lap I was really struggling with grip and spun at the hairpin, losing a few places. I managed to crawl to the pits and changed to full wet tyres and was immediately fast with lots of grip, managing to pull back a couple of places before the race ended.

I decided to restart the race, but this time I pitted for tyres as soon as I saw raindrops on the windscreen. I again put the full wets on, and while the track was slightly damp I was fine, but this time, instead of having good grip when it went fully wet, I felt like I was driving on slicks...

Is it a bug? Maybe the game is getting the compounds mixed up when you restart a race? I did notice that while it was dry some AI cars pitted as if they were running on wets and then pitted for dry tyres.

Now the Formula A issue is different. I was doing a grand prix length race around Silverstone, then around the 26th lap I was entering Luffield corner, the same as I'd done the previous laps, and the car just flipped over and came to a dead stop as if it'd hit some sort of invisible barrier.

Both games were played on PS4 with a joypad, but I've had the Formula A issue on PC as well.

Superkart Pilot
    I can confirm I have had the same issues with the tyres, very annoying.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I can only assume it's caused by changing to the wet tyres before the track is fully wet. However, from what I've seen of many motor sports, doing this should make the tyres get hot (this is why drivers seek out the damp parts of a drying track) which should then drop to a more manageable level once the track gets wetter. What is happening in the game, though, is the tyres get colder on a dryer track, and then I'm unable to generate any heat once the track is fully wet and I have no grip.

Alternatively it could be caused by running the wet tyre on a dryer track making the tyre treat wear too much, reducing the grip that's available when it's wetter. But I'm pretty sure 1 lap on a track that's getting wetter all the time shouldn't be enough to completely destroy all the grip in a wet tyre.

I would say that it's definitely a tyre physics issue.
    Last edited by PeteUplink; 12-05-2015 at 09:35.