Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari Italia 458 wheel PC/XBOX 360 Deadzone issue.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Ferrari Italia 458 wheel PC/XBOX 360 Deadzone issue.

Hi all,

Having really annoying deadzone issues with my wheel. It works perfect with all other racing games on PC. I have tried everything, and cannot enjoy the game. Anyone else that has this wheel that found a fix? Been looking through posts here and didnt see much. Be great if some1 can help, cheers.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Having the same issue although no one seems to have a fix for it...

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Try the Deadzone Removal Slider...

Try something like 0.3 to start and then tweak to your likings...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Tried the deadzone removal slider, does not seem to have an effect. Thanks anyway.....starting to lose hope now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I experienced the same but this is not a deadzone issue. I noticed that Pcars doesn't adopt the driver (V48) provided by Thrustmaster inside the game. The game just use a control pad driver to run the thrustmaster, that's why the response of the steering wheel is so weird... especially near the centre. No matter how you change the deadzone or other settings..can't solve.

Platform
    PC
    This explains why I spent half the day trying to get mine to work. I just using and xbox controller till its fixed.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    try using these settings configure your steering lock in the calibration to around about 75-80 degrees instead of 90 .Think the visable degree it told me under the wheel was around 249 degrees for the lock . Then set your steering sensitivity to 70 and the speed sensitivity to 26 the pedals you can customise to your liking use the custom wheel option option or like i did i used the ferrari 458 tx one to start from. Not sure it makes much difference as when you set the controls it defaults to the controller settings anyway. I also change the controller mode to number 2 which drops the default deadzone to 3 you also need to drop this to 0

So its
    steering deadzone 0, Steering Sensitivity 70, Speed Sensitivity 26 (your choice on the pedal settings although i found much above 20 on senstivity seems to really give you sharp brakes causing lock ups) the rest iv left pretty much as it is
    Select controller mode 2 before changing the settings.

Hope this helps seems to work for me so i can atleast feel like im in control of the cars. Bare in mind aswell alot of how the the cars handle comes from the car setup itself
    Last edited by StBull; 26-05-2015 at 22:47.
    The following user likes this Post: HIXTAR

Platform
    PC
    Seems to be working now. Thanks.
    The following user likes this Post: StBull

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    No probs still dont think its perfect myself have a really nice smooth rotation on Assetto and Rfactor2 with this wheel. Where here it feels a bit sticky still in the middle, but at least i find it playable now and enjoyable
    Last edited by StBull; 27-05-2015 at 13:17.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Since my last post i have actually reverted back to using the controller setup for this wheel . The reason why is although the last setup felt good and useable on most vehicles it was just to heavy on others and lacks alot of control still round the middle of the stearing and i was struggling to make turns as fast and tight as the ai do on the 80 skill level with real settings selected. I have to say as all i seem to find on pcars is things that bug me like this and the poor system for saving car setups. Just to set the balance right i do like this game and it really does look great. Just a shame there seems to be some big floors in playing it unless you have or own a dearer wheel . Which for me although i can easily get one dont see the point when i might only get the time to play a few times a week Making the cost really not worth it for one game