Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German Voice Language for German Players

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Lightbulb German Voice Language for German Players

Hey

Why for German Players all Voices in english??

Please delete supptitle and give us a German speaker Thx.

Mario

Platform
    PC
    The voice of your pit engineer is that of Ben Collins (former Stig from Top Gear).
    It's the same for everybody, hence the subtitles.
    Show a little respect for the Stig
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K@3.3GHz GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB [353.06] MB: Asus P8Z68-V LX [4102] MEM: Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM HDD: Corsair Force GT SSD 180GB [5.05] Wheel: Logitech G27 [5.10.127.0] OS: Win7 Pro x64 SP1
    In-game settings:
    RESOLUTION=1920x1080@60HZ TEXTURES=HIGH AF=x16 VSYNC=Adaptive SMAA=HIGH REFLECTIONS=HIGH ENVMAP=HIGH GRASS=HIGH TRACK/CAR/SHADOW DETAILS=HIGH MOTIONBLUR=OFF VISUALFX=FULL/ON/YES/HIGH
    When you feel that the road is escaping you, when you say to yourself, "That's it, I'm going off",
    but then instead you stay on the track, that's when you reached your limit;you've gone as fast as you could.

Platform
    PC
    And usually the German voice acting sucks. I don't want a German dub - keep the subs and the original voice of the Stig!
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    Also it costs money to pay for decent voice acting (Not to mention the time it would have taken), and once you do one extra language you have no argument to not do them all, and there was a finite budget for making the game. .
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley

Platform
    PC
    Race engineers normally talk in English too IRL. Immersion, folks!
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: eracerhead

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Do not forget that in many EU countries almost everything is dubbed. In many countries almost nobody knows how Arnold Schwarzenegger really sounds I luckily live in a country where there is totally no dubbing and we depend on subtitles. I even hate games with dubs.

When I read this post yesterday I laughed "oh those german" but when I read all the negative comments towards the OP I want to chip in. What if the developer was Japanese and the race engineer gave you orders and advice in Japanese? To many of the EU players that's what the engineer sounds like.

So I would say why not? Its not that TV dubs are high quality, you don't need to look for a german, french, spanish or Italian Ben Collins. Just let some random guys speak the phrases from Ben Collins in a dull way because that is how it's done on TV. Just don't enforce it on the players and let them choose between immersion and a random guy reading from a paper

Platform
    PC
    Just thinking about GTA...billion dollar budget...but still in english...

By the way, I never heard another language than english in real life pitradio. Its also kind of ralism.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600, 4x 3.40GHz • RAM: 12GB • HD: 1064GB (64GB SSD + 1000GB HDD) • DVD+/-RW DL • GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080, Fantatec Turbo S Wheel@750B and1.52; Wheelbase V2 with Porsche 918 wheel| CSR Elite Pedals | Windows 10 64-bit | 75" LG 75“ UHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Xbox Elite Controller

Famous last words: Who's braking late stays longer fast

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GAT_Montana View Post
    Just thinking about GTA...billion dollar budget...but still in english...

By the way, I never heard another language than english in real life pitradio. Its also kind of ralism.
    I'm sorry to tell you but Gran Turismo came in many languages. It even came in Dutch and dubs are never used in Dutch speaking countries.

Sometimes you here Italian on F1 pit radio. But hell yeah English is the preferred language if you are choosing realism.

Platform
    PC
    Gran Turismo has Pitradio? Anyway, the fact that other games have it doesnt make ist real.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600, 4x 3.40GHz • RAM: 12GB • HD: 1064GB (64GB SSD + 1000GB HDD) • DVD+/-RW DL • GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080, Fantatec Turbo S Wheel@750B and1.52; Wheelbase V2 with Porsche 918 wheel| CSR Elite Pedals | Windows 10 64-bit | 75" LG 75“ UHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Xbox Elite Controller

Famous last words: Who's braking late stays longer fast

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GAT_Montana View Post
    DTM not covered by Austrian TV ? There's English, German and Swedish. But I like it the way it is, the guy is crystal clear. It just seems we need some kind of pair therapy, he stopped talking to me. ;(
    The following user likes this Post: GAT_Montana