Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things Assetto Corsa Did Right (and that Project CARS should have too)

Kart Driver

Things Assetto Corsa Did Right (and that Project CARS should have too)

I think pCARS is probably the better overall title between the two, but there's a few things that AC did that I consider fairly important things to be missing from this title.

• Fully customization HUD elements that can be placed anywhere (to the pixel) instead of slotted in to specific slots. Oh, and that persist between each driving session.
    • Individually rendered cameras for triple monitor support, along with supporting setup "apps" to make tweaking them trivial.
    • Ability to alter your display name separate from your Steam display name (for leagues that want your real name and such).
    • Hotlap mode that starts you on track before the last turn and has a time advanced ghost of your best time.

I'm probably forgetting a number of things... these are just the heavy hitters for me personally. What other things does AC do right that pCARS is missing out on?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Flihp, NoBrakes

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    just fyi, to me this is a bit like making a thread on AC board (sorry, YET ANOTHER THREAD) about how there should be night, knowing full well the devs have said its an engine limitation -- if its not something that can be changed, no point complaining about it.

i guess i say the above bc id rather see constructive stuff than "if only..." stuff. ie whats stuff that AC does well, that pCARS could do too?
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by yusupov View Post
    just fyi, to me this is a bit like making a thread on AC board (sorry, YET ANOTHER THREAD) about how there should be night, knowing full well the devs have said its an engine limitation -- if its not something that can be changed, no point complaining about it.

i guess i say the above bc id rather see constructive stuff than "if only..." stuff. ie whats stuff that AC does well, that pCARS could do too?
    Firstly, I don't know any SMS devs that have said that any of the above things are engine limitations... so I don't know how this is comparable to asking for night and rain in AC. The triple screen rendering COULD be an engine limitation I suppose, but I don't think that's the case. I believe elsewhere they've said that they plan on doing true triple screen support after release.

Everything else on that list is certainly doable. Are they trivial things? Maybe not (well, getting the HUD customization to persist is likely trivial to fix). But this thread is about one racing game taking notes from a comparable title.

I would recommend to you to not bother responding to Feature Suggestion threads unless you want to add to them. I don't think any thread in this section needs someone to drop in and say "no point in complaining about things", wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by yusupov View Post

This is the feature suggestion section. And there's nothing flat out stating the above couldn't be done in future, so people can suggest ideas they think worthwhile.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    i didnt see the section, & im sorry if my tone came across as "dont complain you ungrateful swine", i think i mayve misread the tenses in the thread title & wanted to shift what i thought was the tone.
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10
    The following user likes this Post: TenthDan

Platform
    PC
    The thing AC did right, and PCars could do is:

1.) Dirt on the windscreen
    2.) Much brighter shifting indicator lights. (Sometimes you can't see them because the sun is shining on them.)
    They are much brighter in real life also.

Other than that I cannot find anything where AC is better
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MortICi, NoBrakes

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Essobie View Post
    I think pCARS is probably the better overall title between the two, but there's a few things that AC did that I consider fairly important things to be missing from this title.

• Fully customization HUD elements that can be placed anywhere (to the pixel) instead of slotted in to specific slots. Oh, and that persist between each driving session. Known issue
    • Individually rendered cameras for triple monitor support, along with supporting setup "apps" to make tweaking them trivial. Triple screen rendering is already on the list to come
    • Ability to alter your display name separate from your Steam display name (for leagues that want your real name and such). Agreed, this would be nice
    • Hotlap mode that starts you on track before the last turn and has a time advanced ghost of your best time. Have you ever tried the "Time Trial" mode?

I'm probably forgetting a number of things... these are just the heavy hitters for me personally. What other things does AC do right that pCARS is missing out on?
    Answers in your quote.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Backmarker

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Would be nice to choose your opponent car brands as in AC.
    The following user likes this Post: NoBrakes

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TenthDan View Post
    This is the feature suggestion section. And there's nothing flat out stating the above couldn't be done in future, so people can suggest ideas they think worthwhile.
    Agreed Dan. So long as this doesn't turn into a AC is better than Projects and visa versa argument!

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing
    The following user likes this Post: Backmarker

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Proximity indicator!!!!!

Although tbf I'd prefer the indicator from GT6 than the one from AC as it's more visible in your peripheral vision.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: NoBrakes, Ramshackle, Ruggo