Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: racing line braking points.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

racing line braking points.

The braking point especialy on open wheel cars are so far out that after driving kver the point at which it turns red i am still accelerateing and changing up a gear before i need to brake. The smaller cars it seems fine but he more powerful the car the further the braking distance is out.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Why do you need the line? You will learn the tracks and cars better without it.

It's just a aid and it's never exact in any game.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, nissan4ever

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    yeah id suggest trying to learn a track on your own, once youve got a consistent pace, turn the line on & see if it shows you anything you can improve on...otherwise not recommended.
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10

Platform
    XBOX1
    Driving line is only an aid, use it like a grain of salt, it just shows novice drivers where to position a car and a slow speed to get around the corners
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hewd View Post
    Why do you need the line? You will learn the tracks and cars better without it.

It's just a aid and it's never exact in any game.
    Theres not exact and theres being a mile off, and you totaly missed the point,

I don't think it is meant to be an exact guide to be honest. Probably more so there as a general guide for new racers to position their car and start braking as a baseline to stay on the track and start to improve their times on.

I had it on at the beginning to get a feel for it, but now I've turned it off and am finding it better to feel around the track myself.
    The following user likes this Post: yusupov

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Look at it as training wheels when you're learning to ride a bike the take the training wheels off once you get to know the track.

In reality I always think it's best to just never use the racing line. If you don't know the track just start slow and progressively go faster once you learn the turns.

Platform
    PC
    They are not car specific, so you will have to adjust based on the approach speed, grip and braking distance. Weather and cold tyres will also greatly affect the performance of the car.
    CPU: Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, 4GB | MoBo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper H6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 | PSU: Corsair CS750M | HDD: Plextor 256GB SSD & WD 4TB HDD | OS: Win 7 Professional, 64-bit | Display: LG 42" TV | Audio: Logitech Z906 | Control: Xbox 360 controller
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bradleyland, Roger Prynne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisbleep View Post
    They are not car specific, so you will have to adjust based on the approach speed, grip and braking distance. Weather and cold tyres will also greatly affect the performance of the car.
    They seem bout right for cold tires first lap... Then just keep braking later till u brake too late.. as long as the braking line stays consistent then u can use it to judge your new braking points.. I find with it on I stare at it rather than the track.. so I never really learn the track.. lol

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Race line is a joke. Cut it off. Want to learn a track. Take whatever car to whatever track. Start off driving slow. Slowly getting faster & faster as you learn your braking points & apex. Done
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode