Thread: Will the apps come available for use with Xbox One?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Will the apps come available for use with Xbox One?

Was looking for app that i can use on android. Small dashboard that i could mount on my wheel.
    But it seems that they dont work with Xbox One.(or ps4)

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    If Microsoft or Sony would straight allow it. -> Yes.

But sadly it seems that rather Sony nor Microsoft does like API Communications on there Consoles.
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post

But sadly it seems that rather Sony nor Microsoft does like API Communications on there Consoles.
    What does the Battlefield 4 app use for when it connects to tablet on Xbox One?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post

Yes thats to bad, so only for pc users. I thought i saw a video off someone playing forza with an app on his phone but must be mistaking then.
    Ill have a look on thrustmaster site to see if theres a wheel out with some extra displays on it.

Platform
    XBOX1
    would be so good to mount my phone to the wheel so you get a live rev limiter. Maybe its time to build a beast PC.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I didn't really keep up with development in this area, was anything seriously discussed about how Smart Glass could be used in that area?
    Windows 7 Professional / Core i7 950 / 12Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM / Asus GTX760 / 240GB OCZ SSD (OS + CARS) / Many other drives / Xbox One Controller / Thrustmaster TX

Project CARS Oceania Facebook Page - for all your future Oceanic region championships and news.
    Project CARS Oceania Website

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by mkstatto View Post
    What does the Battlefield 4 app use for when it connects to tablet on Xbox One?
    ..cold hard cash mate - publisher relationships with AAA titles and you can do what you like (within reason)... after market 3rd party APIs don't generate the 1st parties any revenue :/

the more I console game, the more I start to resent Sony/Microsoft for their greed and restrictive practices ...no APIs ...no multiplayer lobbies ...delayed release of updates ... it's frustrating to say the least :/

Platform
    PC
    Hopefully the apparent resurgence of PC gaming will at some point make them think.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ItchyBear View Post
    ..cold hard cash mate - publisher relationships with AAA titles and you can do what you like (within reason)... after market 3rd party APIs don't generate the 1st parties any revenue :/

the more I console game, the more I start to resent Sony/Microsoft for their greed and restrictive practices ...no APIs ...no multiplayer lobbies ...delayed release of updates ... it's frustrating to say the least :/
    Stop! No Multiplayer lobbys is a Microsoft Special not a Sony-Problem. Please talk about facts! On PS4 we can use the Multiplayer Lobbys and it works!
    Microsoft is the bigger problem in this business. With the target of getting over Sony, they try everything. This leads to the special rules, problems and restrictions, we now know. There is no technical limitation, what will explain this restrictions. It's just political Microsoft Business rules.
    I liked the first Xbox, I really liked it. But what Microsoft is doing to the console market is like: If we won't win it, we'll destroy it!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by itakethepics View Post
    would be so good to mount my phone to the wheel so you get a live rev limiter. Maybe its time to build a beast PC.
    If i want to take simracing serious i will have to. But how much would like you say a beast pc cost?