Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I so frustrated!!!! .. and I'm loving it!!

Platform
    PS4

Wink I so frustrated!!!! .. and I'm loving it!!

Last night i was doing a 30mins race (reduced real time), day -> night changes. Had a bad qualifying and ended up 20/20 Then I practiced and practiced and practiced for Race day!

beep, beep, beeeeeeep Go Go Go! Racing was fun, I got to 6th place I was fallowing 5th place for a few laps trying to find a place to pace, lap after lap after lap. Finally! He makes a mistake I get passed! As I was in much delight as I zoomed passed.... I missed the next braking point....offf I go in to the gravel.... Re-joined in 10th...pushing hard to regain my previous place, I started missing braking points....then another spout of oversteer but corrected... Car is getting twichy..uh oh.. tyres shot need to pit and re-fuel. While in the pits I had to take deep breaths try and focus... ended up 13th.

It's fun, this is racing, this is how it has to be. I didn't quit and restart the race, I manned up. I took the result.

Some laps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJy_nWoZUo
    System: PS4

PSN ID: pablo2008jedi

Platform
    PC
    Nice story
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley
    The following user likes this Post: Pablo2008jedi

Platform
    PS4
    Yep! Racing isn't always about winning. I find games with rewind mechanics really prevent this sort of experience, always pressuring you to retry that corner or that overtake. In this game mistakes matter, and that's why I love it!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    same exactly the same. Couldve smashed the telly on friday/ saturday. Come saturday night/ sunday I was amazed

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmod View Post
    Yep! Racing isn't always about winning. I find games with rewind mechanics really prevent this sort of experience, always pressuring you to retry that corner or that overtake. In this game mistakes matter, and that's why I love it!
    Yeah I have to agree, I used to play Grid Autosport on the PC and I will admit to have used the rewind mechanic. So glad its not in pCARS. I got so annoyed with myself as I spent many hours practicing the car and track only to have let myself down with a silly lack of concentration.

My next step is to switch off "Allow Restarts" when entering an event ;-) as I decided not to use it.
    System: PS4

PSN ID: pablo2008jedi
    The following user likes this Post: HeeseyChelmet

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo2008jedi View Post
    Last night i was doing a 30mins race (reduced real time), day -> night changes. Had a bad qualifying and ended up 20/20 Then I practiced and practiced and practiced for Race day!

beep, beep, beeeeeeep Go Go Go! Racing was fun, I got to 6th place I was fallowing 5th place for a few laps trying to find a place to pace, lap after lap after lap. Finally! He makes a mistake I get passed! As I was in much delight as I zoomed passed.... I missed the next braking point....offf I go in to the gravel.... Re-joined in 10th...pushing hard to regain my previous place, I started missing braking points....then another spout of oversteer but corrected... Car is getting twichy..uh oh.. tyres shot need to pit and re-fuel. While in the pits I had to take deep breaths try and focus... ended up 13th.

It's fun, this is racing, this is how it has to be. I didn't quit and restart the race, I manned up. I took the result.

Some laps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJy_nWoZUo
    I'm not the fastest racer by any stretch of the imagination and when I used to run a league in iRacing I was often mid pack scrapping it out online but it was great fun and close racing. I agree games with the rewind option can sometimes rob you of a fun race and I had to reset my own mind-set going into PCars after playing games like Forza 5 where I got into a habit of rewinding not just for crashes but for poor cornering as the races are so short you don't get time to catch up.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: HeeseyChelmet, Pablo2008jedi

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Cool storry bro

That's exactly why I think, pCARS is a nice sim. You cannot jump back in time for things like trying that corner again. But also, if you really fuck up, crash into another driver or get off the track, you have to deal with it. Give your best, try to catch up and be as good as you can. That's how racing is in the real world, that's how it should be in sims
    PSN: entekmedia | Feel free to invite me

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    This what I like to hear. Love the racing in this

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm always driving in the middle of the pack and my friends drive in front but I have as much fun as they do.
    I drive my own race and have my own struggle.
    For me the most important thing is that I get better at what I'm doing.
    Race on and have fun that's what's it about.
    The following user likes this Post: dhevans79

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDipper View Post
    I'm always driving in the middle of the pack and my friends drive in front but I have as much fun as they do.
    I drive my own race and have my own struggle.
    For me the most important thing is that I get better at what I'm doing.
    Race on and have fun that's what's it about.
    I wonder what it would look like if classic sports were invented now.. imagine the first people showing up for basket ball/volleyball/football(soccer)/etc games, insisting on getting a 2nd try every time something is not perfect..
    And 90% of the people quitting if they are not in the top 3 of their team.

I guess part of the online gaming problem is that we lack a lot of the personal interaction and the social scene, were in a classic sports situation you would have more social context, physical cues (eye contact, body posture, facial expressions, etc), and shared environment (which results in shared attention, looking to others for references). Are there any online games out there that are even close to compensate for these missing elements?
    Main PC:
    CPU: Intel i7-5930K @ 4.5GHz / MB: ASUS Rampage V Extreme / RAM: 16GB G.Skill F4-26666C15Q @2666 MHz / GPU: 2x MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G (SLI) / HDD: 4x Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB / PS: Corsair HX1000i / OS: Windows 8.1 Pro / LCD: LG34UM95P 34" @ @3440x1440, ASUS PB278QR 27" @2560x1440 / Wheel: Logitech G27 / Headset: ASUS Orion PRO Republic of Gamers

Secondary PC:
    CPU: Intel i7-2600K @4.2GHz / MB: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/ RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @1333 / GPU: 2x MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G (SLI) / HDD: 4 x 500GB RAID10 / PS: Corsair HX1000 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro / LCD: Philips 55PUS7809 55" @3840x2160 / Wheel: Thrustmaster Ferrari F458 Italia