Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [NEGOTIATING] Second Screen & Apps on PS4

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Post [NEGOTIATING] Second Screen & Apps on PS4

Before I get the disc, I found out so many software and second screen app from official website

Apps List:
    pCARS Dash
    HUD Dash
    sin:speed sim racing instruments
    DashMeterPro
    pCARS Profiler
    pCARS Telemetry
    vrHive

etc

But which one can fully support Console PS4? Do anyone try to use successfully? Or does it just support PC only?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by yuetwahanson View Post
    Before I get the disc, I found out so many software and second screen app from official website

Apps List:
    pCARS Dash
    HUD Dash
    sin:speed sim racing instruments
    DashMeterPro
    pCARS Profiler
    pCARS Telemetry
    vrHive

etc

But which one can fully support Console PS4? Do anyone try to use successfully? Or does it just support PC only?
    Unfortunately these are only for PC. I believe Microsoft and Sony are closed systems and don't offer this ability.

Hope this helps.

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackvault View Post
    Unfortunately these are only for PC. I believe Microsoft and Sony are closed systems and don't offer this ability.

Hope this helps.

Pete
    Wait a moment! You "believe" that this are closed systems and don't offer this ability?
    Where come this information from?

Have a look at this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ogs.ctos&hl=de

This app above is nearly the same: Its a app outside of the system of Microsoft / Sony and does work directly with the game?
    You even can play online-Multiplayer against other users, on your android-phone with the app. ( Game is Watchdogs for PS4/PS3/Xbox 360 / Xbox 1)

So this can not be true! It's possible. The question is: Will the console-players be the one paying for NOT participating on the development of the game?
    Why are console-players threated like this?
    PC-Game is 1. cheaper 2. has a lots of additional content 3. gets more support from you

What is this? Sort this out, please! Project Cars turned out to be far the best Sim Racer on consoles ! Please don't destroy this, by letting the console-players down! Please!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by momotaone View Post
    Wait a moment! You "believe" that this are closed systems and don't offer this ability?

Have a look at this:

This app above is nearly the same: Its a app outside of the system of Microsoft / Sony and does work directly with the game?
    You even can play online-Multiplayer against other users, on your android-phone with the app. ( Game is Watchdogs for PS4/PS3/Xbox 360 / Xbox 1)

So this can not be true! It's possible. The question is: Will the console-players be the one paying for NOT participating on the development of the game?
    PC-Game is 1. cheaper 2. has a lots of additional content 3. gets more support from you

What is this? Sort this out, please! Project Cars turned out to be far the best Sim Racer on consoles ! Please don't destroy this, by letting the console-players down! Please!
    Yes I believe. Just because I have an orange name doesn't mean I have all the answers.

I sort of have answered this question in this post here.

Please don't use that attitude here, it isn't helpful to anyone.

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

The following 3 users likes this Post: HeeseyChelmet, t0daY, TrevorAustin

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by momotaone View Post

Have a look at this:

Seriously? PC's are far more open and flexible to work with. Just because a feature is in one game on a particular platform, doesn't mean its available on another. Enjoy the game for what it is for now and see what comes in the future

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Question PS4 & in game APPS

Hi, do we know if there will be any external apps coming to the ps4 version?

The ones with PC are unreal!

Platform
    PC
    Merged with existing thread.

Sorry the answer is not what you want to hear
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by HewisLamilton6 View Post
    Hi, do we know if there will be any external apps coming to the ps4 version?

The ones with PC are unreal!
    I refer you to post 2 of this thread.

Edit - didn't you you were merging MysterG

Pete

Platform
    PS4
    Great idea, I would have loved to see an app give real-time data whilst driving. Yes, I believe it is possible. However, the scope of this project (looking from the outside) doesn't have this add on at the top of the priority list for now. Which doesn't mean it might not happen in future developments. (I build apps, let me know if you need help with this aspect).
    PS4: djmky | London, England
    If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver... #AyrtonSenna

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackvault View Post
    Yes I believe. Just because I have an orange name doesn't mean I have all the answers.

I sort of have answered this question in this post here.

Please don't use that attitude here, it isn't helpful to anyone.

Pete
    Yeah, I'm sorry for that, was not my intention.
    But you'll have patience for the console-players and also our favour.
    I've paid over 60 € for the Standard-Boxed game... only to learn afterwards that I'll not get the special packs, everyone else will get.
    Then on consoles we are facing numerous of limitation, bugs and problems.

And when I enter the official forum of the game, see this Thread tagged with "[Nope]" and the answer is like: "No available"... then, I think you'll understand, that I have lost my patience for a moment.
    Of course again: I'm sorry for that. But I think SMS has a lot to do here.
    It's not, that they have done something bad, This game is awesome! Was waiting for this so long and it was better than my expectations! But when I see, that there is not a balance, that I've to pay two times the game as a pc-player does... then I don't want to see PC-Players getting better support then console-players.

Understand my intention?