Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal FFB Settings for PS4/XB1 Spreadsheet

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Universal FFB Settings for PS4/XB1 Spreadsheet

These are adapted from Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files - basically it's his FFB settings, in a spreadsheet so that console users can enter them into their game and use the same FFB settings as PC users are enjoying. These should work for most/all console supported wheels and should be a good starting point for everyone. Obviously a lot is based on personal preference, so if they don't feel quite right each user can alter them in his/her game however they see fit.

There are six sets of FFB settings within this spreadsheet.

What´s the difference between the sets?

1. Classic - classic parameters Fx,Mz,Fy,Fz - but additional SopDiff. bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, solves phase issues.

2. Fy+SopLateral Mix - side load mix (front/rear) 2/3 + 1/3 by forces not by numbers. FFB feels slightly different but gives more feel what the
    rear of the car is doing, all other parameters as Standard.

3. 66% - Featuring Side Load Forces derivated from the Rear. The character of SopLateral leaves Mz more space to breathe, allows about
    10% - 13% increased Master Scale and Sop Scale values than in other sets. Entering curves the wheel slightly feels lighter than
    usual but compensates with more dynamic, you gain more feel when the tail wants to step out.
    In the Fy+SopLateral Mix version Fy (side load front) is dominating, besides the Master Levels this is the main difference.
    Note, although different side load mix versions they are following laws of physics, in this case how SMS interprets including
    human error (and bugs).

4. Bumps Plus - Based on the Fy+SopLateral Mix version, more Rock´n Roll from bumps and kerbs, clipping not ruled out.

5. Brake Rumble - in game Fx = longitudinal force. Fx is equally cranked up on all cars, it´s a temporary force so it won´t spoil the core balance. Though cranked up there is just little effect on lots of cars. As reference check the Radicals and the Caterham 500 on Oulton Park.

6. Bumps Plus - Classic - Similar to the Bumps Plus version but based on the Standard-Classic settings.

Download from Google Drive here:

Excel: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download
    PDF: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download

Let me know if there are any problems!
    Last edited by Wootball; 27-08-2015 at 13:28.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Thanks

Thanks for this bit of information! Will definitely give it a try.

I have ordered a T300 GTE for this game (and GT6) and I'm quite unsure about the settings available. Does anybody have some information about what these options actually do? The explanations provided are too technical for me to understand whats happening

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Honestly, me too. There's a lot in there and there really could do with being a better explanation of what everything does.

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootball View Post
    These are adapted from Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files - basically it's his FFB settings, in a spreadsheet so that console users can enter them into their game and use the same FFB settings as PC users are enjoying. These should work for most/all console supported wheels and should be a good starting point for everyone. Obviously a lot is based on personal preference, so if they don't feel quite right each user can alter them in his/her game however they see fit.

There are two sets of FFB settings within this spreadsheet.

What´s the difference between the sets?

1. Classic - classic parameters Fx,Mz,Fy,Fz - but additional SopDiff. bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, solves phase issues.

2. Fy+SopLateral Mix - side load mix (front/rear) 2/3 + 1/3 by forces not by numbers. FFB feels slightly different but gives more feel what the
    rear of the car is doing, all other parameters as Standard.

Download from Google Drive here:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download

Let me know if there are any problems!
    Thanks for that. Before printing you might want to format it as a table and apply a shading style so that rows and columns are easier to follow..!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascot View Post
    Thanks for that. Before printing you might want to format it as a table and apply a shading style so that rows and columns are easier to follow..!
    Good point to add some shading. I'll sort that now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    These are adapted from Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files - basically it's his FFB settings
    Thanks for sharing!

Out of interest, who is Jack Spade, and how has he arrived at these settings? Any insight here?

As for many others, I find the number of options within the FFB settings quite overwhelming!
    The following user likes this Post: NoBrakes

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Scream_101 View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

Out of interest, who is Jack Spade, and how has he arrived at these settings? Any insight here?

As for many others, I find the number of options within the FFB settings quite overwhelming!
    He did a lot of tweaking the FFB settings during development I think, he's been part of the WMD process from a very early stage.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Snake OilerX, Star_Scream_101

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks, Wootball, great work!
    I'm too lazy, you're my hero!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: TheJuzzy, tonja84, Wootball

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by atchoo View Post
    Thanks, Wootball, great work!
    I'm too lazy, you're my hero!
    You're welcome. I needed them anyway ready for my wheel to arrive tomorrow!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    He did a lot of tweaking the FFB settings during development I think, he's been part of the WMD process from a very early stage.
    Thanks man - I really appreciate it. I'll give some of these settings a blast later.