Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal FFB Settings for PS4/XB1 Spreadsheet

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The formatting seems wrong there, probably due to your Excel version. May I ask what Excel version you're using? I think I'll just remove the images and leave it as text instructions. As for the order of columns, I'll move those too.

Set the arm angle of the wheel per car as it is on the sheet. The 'Arm' and 'Gut' that Jack mentioned are now called 'Linkage' and 'Body' on PS4.

Basically, if it's on the sheet, change the value to that. If it's not, don't.
    Last edited by Wootball; 12-05-2015 at 23:31.
    The following user likes this Post: senna94f1

Platform
    PS4
    well, I don't have excel. I use Numbers on Mac.
    Jack said he did't use body (gut) but in his file is see three gut values: gut mass, gut stiffness and gut damping. 2 of them (gut stiffness and gut damping) have values on ps4 but can only be increased to 200 max.
    So like I said Jack says don't use body and it's not in your file, but why has he got values for them in his original file...
    And what value is in Jack's file that you converted to arm angle, in other words what is the name for arm angle in Jacks file?

In my previous post I said that you should add some things to the OP, maybe it's better to add it to your first page of your sheet since you're deleting the images and have some room for some additional info.

Not trying to telling you what to do, I'm just helping us ps4 users gathering all the info we need into one topic/sheet.
    Last edited by CPS-3; 12-05-2015 at 23:46.
    PS4 PRO - Samsung UE55ES8000 - Fanatec CSW V2 - CSP V3 - BMW M3 GT2 - Formula 1 - Porsche 918 RSR - Rseat RS1
    PC: NZXT S340 Elite - Msi Z270 Gaming M5 - Core i7 7700k 4,5 GHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC 11GB - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 - Thermaltake Tt Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240 - Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm - Corsair RMx 650 Watt

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by CPS-3 View Post
    well, I don't have excel. I use Numbers on Mac.
    Jack said he did't use body (gut) but in his file is see three gut values: gut mass, gut stiffness and gut damping. 2 of them (gut stiffness and gut damping) have values on ps4 but can only be increased to 200 max.
    So like I said Jack says don't use body and it's not in your file, but why has he got values for them in his original file...
    And what value is in Jack's file that you converted to arm angle, in other words what is the name for arm angle in Jacks file?

In my previous post I said that you should add some things to the OP, maybe it's better to add it to your first page of your sheet since you're deleting the images and have some room for some additional info.

Not trying to telling you what to do, I'm just helping us ps4 users gathering all the info we need into one topic/sheet.
    There's nothing that needs to be added, you just haven't understood yet.

When Jack started creating the files years ago, he used the Arm and Gut settings. Eventually it got to a point where he didn't use them anymore but they're still in the file, that's all. They aren't used anymore, he just hasn't deleted them.

The arm angle is SpindleArm in Jack's files. The value is multiplied by 100 because that's how the PS4 version works compared to the PC version.

My advice, stop comparing the PS4 and PC files. Jack's version is from the PC where things are different in name and in builds of Project Cars that he used. This is now those versions converted for consols, and if something isn't included you don't need to worry about it. Literally all you need to do is make the changes in the spreadsheet depending on whether you want classic or Sop+Fy. Leave everything else as it is by default.

As for not being able to see the text over the images... Thats because you're using Numbers on Mac, which is useless for Excel files.

The text says:

Project Cars Console FFB Settings

PART 1:GLOBAL SETTINGS

Note - all images are default values - change them as per the instructions below, not by the images

1. By default, Project Cars is set to '75' Force Feedback. Set this to '100'

2. Set the 'Tire Force' to '100'

3. Set 'Relative Adjust Gain' to '1.10', 'Relative Adjust Bleed' to '0.10' and 'Relative Adjust Clamp' to '0.95'

4. Set 'Scoop Knee' to '0.70' and 'Scoop Reduction' to '0.15'

5. Pick from either 'Fy+SopLateral' settings or 'Classic' settings and apply to each car

6. RACE! Adjust any settings you're not happy with, to your own preferred options - these are a starting point!
    Last edited by Wootball; 12-05-2015 at 23:58.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    And the column order should now be sorted as it is in the PS4 menus.

https://www.facebook.com/Hengtek.Enterprises
    Platform
    PS4
    I've noticed on the PS4 that some values can't be replicated due to the fixed increments that the sliders use. Also, some of the suggested changes are already at the value by default.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
    I've noticed on the PS4 that some values can't be replicated due to the fixed increments that the sliders use. Also, some of the suggested changes are already at the value by default.
    Just get as close to them as you can. Remember, this is a direct conversion from the PC version

Platform
    PS4
    Ok understood. I downloaded the file again, but the images are still there but i can see point 1 - 6 but there still very weird placed and behind the images. But I don't need them anymore, but if there are other Mac users it could be handy to post it in your OP since they will have the same problem as me most likely.
    Please also add the following as it helps others who read the OP or your file.

Relative Adjust Gain 1.108 (1.00 okay also)
    Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
    Relative Adjust Clamp 0.96

A certain car maybe at bit weak/strong? Use these 2 MasterScale and SopScale....but always decrease at the same level!
    ( use careful, high values cause clipping)

Arm angle and Body stuff not used just set their Scale values at zero.

And just to clarify, body stiffness and body damping which has default values of 100 you have set to zero on your ps4 or have you got them at default?
    Last edited by CPS-3; 13-05-2015 at 00:57.
    PS4 PRO - Samsung UE55ES8000 - Fanatec CSW V2 - CSP V3 - BMW M3 GT2 - Formula 1 - Porsche 918 RSR - Rseat RS1
    PC: NZXT S340 Elite - Msi Z270 Gaming M5 - Core i7 7700k 4,5 GHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC 11GB - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 - Thermaltake Tt Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240 - Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm - Corsair RMx 650 Watt

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootball View Post
    Just get as close to them as you can. Remember, this is a direct conversion from the PC version
    Thanks for the reply. Although I like how the settings emphasise the bumps in the road a lot more, I'm not really feeling the wheel go light as the car looses traction. Also the general turning tension is too stiff for my tastes. Are there any particular values, that you're aware of, that can be changed to remedy this?

P.S. Using the T300RS at this end.
    Last edited by Hengist; 13-05-2015 at 00:28.

Platform
    PS4
    Set your anti lock brakes off and do a hard brake, you will not feel any FFB. But that is also the case with standard project cars settings.
    In the post above you see: "A certain car maybe at bit weak/strong? Use these 2 MasterScale and SopScale....but always decrease at the same level!
    ( use careful, high values cause clipping)"

That is the only thing they say about it. I also would like to know if there is another value to change because decreasing the 2 mentioned above will also decrease the feeling of kerbs etc
    Last edited by CPS-3; 13-05-2015 at 00:57.

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks once again for the reply. All assists are already off as I never use them in Sim's (I should have mentioned that earlier). I've already had a play with those settings on RWD and FWD cars, but it ended up feeling worse. I think that I'll go back to default settings for now, as I don't like blindly messing around with this stuff when I've no idea what I'm doing.
    Last edited by Hengist; 13-05-2015 at 01:00.