Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: British Touring Cars - P.cars Almost a true sequel to Toca 1/2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

British Touring Cars - P.cars Almost a true sequel to Toca 1/2

I like to imagine there is a pocket of sleeper fans who grew up and played the Toca Touring Car games on the Playstation 1 (I discount WTC and the later race driver games as they expanded their disciplines)

I purchased P.cars purely on the fact that not only did this game feature the BTCC staples of Snetterton, Oulton, Donny and Brands, but also due to the fact we have a couple of racing cars which feature on the BTCC's race weekends (Clios, Ginettas). A huge bonus which I found out after sale was the inclusion of the classic touring cars also, a first commercial game to include a Ford Sierra I believe!?

I have been PINING for a real touring car game since the Playstation 1 days, sure racers have come along but most have only given us a dribble. A UK track here, maybe one bonus touring car, but Project Cars is the first in a long time to include such a buffet of touring car goodness.

First I want to say thanks for this, as I personally think the UK tracks are marvellous and I have been dieing to try them out in a real sim game (I know Rfactor and other 'base' game sims do have mods, but I'm sticking to out-the-box-games).

Second, I was hoping to get a gauge of popularity for the BTCC and UK tracks, I see mentions of a few favourites in the track suggestion thread but no real thread on British touring cars (or let's face it, ToCa gushing!)

I'm fairly certain the devs are not money grabbers, but I would absolutely drop cash on the rest of the BTCC calendar tracks (Knockhill, Thruxton, Croft, Rockingham[a newish one]) and a few legacy cars too such as the Renault Laguna, Peugeout 406, Mondeo, Honda Accord, Nissa Primera [I believe this is in AC? or a mod at least?].

We almost have that full selection of tracks, P.cars you're the first game to offer us this selection you're so close; I hope in the future the selection will be complete so us Toca 1/2 fans can have their BTCC fix which we've been waiting for, for so long.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading, I hope there are a few of you here who want this as much as me. We finally have a non-gimmicky race game, which by chance is the BEST LOOKING one, and probably will be for years. If we can go the whole hog, oh my.

Let me finish with some nostalgia!

Toca Touring Cars intro video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO-jUyJNELs

Platform
    PC
    I agree with the above.

Closest we have came to a BTCC game since TOCA with first party content.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: EMW Reaper, Hengist, Konan, MULTIVITZ

Platform
    XBOX1
    The retro touring stuff Is the main reason I got the game, shame it isn't part of your touring career in the game. Still, racing the GR.A class cars round Oulton, Snetterton, and Brands Hatch is awesome in Solo events.

As for BTCC, it has been mentioned in the feature suggestions--in the general forum-- by a few folk.
    The following user likes this Post: MULTIVITZ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yay Toca 2 FTW and 90's BTC Touring Cars for PCars FTW!

Absolute classic right here:

The following 7 users likes this Post: Chrisco Racing, Furma, hotak, Ischemica, Mad LL, menaceuk, slimzlim

Platform
    PS4
    Yep this is certainly got that TOCA nostalgia feeling :-) now bring my home track! (Knockhill)

Knockhill May '13 https://www.flickr.com/photos/pabssh...57633734442592
    System: PS4

PSN ID: pablo2008jedi
    The following 4 users likes this Post: DJRichard, Dmny, Kevin Brown, Shinzah

Kart Driver
    Gotta agree, the Brit content is great (in fact aren't they the only laser-scanned tracks?), the Clio's round Donington were superb.
    Looking forward to racing the Ginettas too.

Strikes me as odd thought that there isn't one single current BTCC car.
    Hoping this means that they are being saved for a DLC later (with Croft, Rockingham and Knockhill!).
    The following 4 users likes this Post: EMW Reaper, JohnSchoonsBeard, robstav1, stanza101

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Strikes me as odd thought that there isn't one single current BTCC car.
    Hoping this means that they are being saved for a DLC later (with Croft, Rockingham and Knockhill!).
    In all honesty it makes me wonder why the BTCC do not seem to want to get involved at all with video games over the years. I know the series has been 'not as popular' since the super-touring era but I'd say 2012 onwards has been brilliant. I'm glad Codies hasn't made a touring car game since, as it would just be like autosport. A quick cashgrab which would be forgottten about years later.

I would imagine sponsorships and etc would be a bit of red tape for the P.cars team, so I would definitely settle for parody liveries on the cars. I'm sure faux liveries would not be a problem as modders can get texturing. Real models are the hard part, leave the real textures to the modders
    The following user likes this Post: RacingAtHome

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbulgarin View Post
    In all honesty it makes me wonder why the BTCC do not seem to want to get involved at all with video games over the years. I know the series has been 'not as popular' since the super-touring era but I'd say 2012 onwards has been brilliant. I'm glad Codies hasn't made a touring car game since, as it would just be like autosport. A quick cashgrab which would be forgottten about years later.
    I think gaming and licensing has become a far more complex affair than was the case when the original TOCA came out (brilliant game!).
    But yes, BTCC is definitely experiencing something of a revival lately, justly so, it's a great series (always was, but the top drivers are turning out some really great races the last few years).

But I have to disagree about Codemasters. Following their recent downsize and utterly shocking Dirt Rally move (which is actually a pretty good and realistic rally game ) I'd be happy to let them have a punt at TOCA again right now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm with you on this, would love to see some modern touring cars and the rest of the btcc calendar!

WMD Member
    +1 here, used to play Toca 2 when I was about 6 haha, brilliant game. Love the fact Project Cars have got a large number of UK tracks. Don't think I've ever seen Oulton in anothe modern release. Full BTCC calendar would be awesome!
    OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, CPU: AMD FX-4100 @ 4GHz, RAM: 16GB Crucical DDR3, GFX: Nvidia GTS250 1GB, Displays, 1x Samsung UE40B7020, 1x BenQ G2400W, Controls, 1x Logitech G25 (for using the shifter) 1x Logitech G27 (broken shifter hense the use of the G25 one.)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JohnSchoonsBeard, kwakaman39