Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [ACKNOWLEDGED] Multiple Setups

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[ACKNOWLEDGED] Multiple Setups

First off I am really enjoying this game (83 hours played thus far lol) and all the different elements that go into a race weekend. Something I have been looking for long time now. However, as the title states, I can not save multiple setups.

This is the major concern for me in this game. With SO many different variables you are only allowed 1 setup per track. How in the world did "built by racers for racers" not bring this up as a major issue thru the 4 years of development? Also can anyone answer the question "Are we going to be able to save multiple setups?"? ...as to be fair it's a killer for me using excel (and next gen paper in pen when in MP) to make track notes very annoying

For instance you have:
    Wet Qualifying
    Dry Qualifying
    Hot temp quali (day)
    Cold temp quali (night)

Wet Race
    Dry Race hot temp
    Dry race cold temp

Then multiply all the race setups by:
    The various length endurance races you prepare for (leagues)
    And a sprint race

That is a lot of setups. And the worst part is when you have to switch from your dry to rain setup...you must then remember your dry settings (or use next gen paper and pen lolz) so you can revert back after the race. Please please please tell me we are going to have this option soon. Thank you in advance for your time
    Last edited by Krieg 1; 12-05-2015 at 15:40.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I too would like to know if this is just how it's always going to be or if multiple setup saves is something that's being worked on.
    The following user likes this Post: heNNa

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Anyone with insight on this subject?

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Not directly insight... BUT:

The was also a very Big Wish from the WMD Community, but the DEV's simply run out of Time to implement this Feature for Release...

I can not give a guarantee for this but im pretty sure it will come some day...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    XBOX1
    I really hope so. Being limited in setups can be infuriating.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    Not directly insight... BUT:

The was also a very Big Wish from the WMD Community, but the DEV's simply run out of Time to implement this Feature for Release...

I can not give a guarantee for this but im pretty sure it will come some day...
    Thank you

Platform
    PC
    rFactor 2 has multiple setup saving for each tracks you just name the setups and you can also go to the different file locations of the different tracks while in a Practice or Qual or warmup and load previous versions of the other tracks that are similar with slight changes that can be made in setups for different track you are on now
    So please Number One make it so

Thanks for taking the time to write this game.
    Steve (Cactus)
    The following user likes this Post: _pak_

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    If they opened the setups to the API there are already a couple of really good telemetry apps that could capture a car setup and easily export it as a CSV or XML file.
    This would be useful for the telemetry app as well, so one can compare laps AND the setup used in each lap.
    It would still be primitive to have to reenter your setups manually but it beats screenshots and exporting them manually to your own spreadsheet.

As a plus, the impact on the devs in terms of additional work would be minimal. Now, if they also allowed some sort of import, that would be great, but almost anything is better than the way it is now.
    Thrustmaster T500 | G25 Pedals (w/ adapter for T500 base) | Thrustmaster T500 Shifter | DSD Sequential Shifter | Derek Spear Design Button Box | Win 7 64bit pro | i7 980x intel | 12gb RAM | EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 | single 24" screen (Damn) | SSD C drive |
    AC | pCARS | R3E | iRacing | rF1 | rF2 | NKpro | GTR2 | Race 07 (all) | GSCx | Formula Truck | Dirt Rally (and Dirt 1,2,3) + various other sims and Semi - arcade

My biggest wish for pCARS: Bring back the Classic Tracks we had during development! Ruen, SPA, Hockenheim, Monza, Silverstone... Add old Imola and a few more vintage cas.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    If we had multiple tunes for a track, maybe the one at the top of the list is the defaul for the track and tune loading could be enabled on the lobby screen if theres no practice or qualifying?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Saving Setups Suggestion

Suggestion: would it not be better to allow us to save mumtiple setups (say 3-5 slots) that way we can
    1. Write the time next to it of our best lap
    2. Not have to constantly overwrite setups (and then forget what felt better if we made a change and loose original better setup)
    3. Have the capabiltiy to save a wet setup

What do you guys think? If anyone has played the codemasters F1 series it has the capability on that game and its a great addition

Cheers