Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pCARS overheating PS4

Platform
    PS4

pCARS overheating PS4

Every time I (and many others) play an extended session of maybe 2 or 3 hours, the PS4's fan goes crazy and often gets really loud. This hasn't happened to this extent on any other game except pCARS.

Although this isn't exactly SMS's job to deal with entirely, I thought that you guys could find a way to tone down the stress on the console without lowering any qualities of the game? Because I have had a forced shut down of my PS4 due to overheating once since the release, and I worry for any long term damage to my console.
    PSN: Josh3701
    The following user likes this Post: ACSoft

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh3701 View Post
    Every time I (and many others) play an extended session of maybe 2 or 3 hours, the PS4's fan goes crazy and often gets really loud. This hasn't happened to this extent on any other game except pCARS.

Although this isn't exactly SMS's job to deal with entirely, I thought that you guys could find a way to tone down the stress on the console without lowering any qualities of the game? Because I have had a forced shut down of my PS4 due to overheating once since the release, and I worry for any long term damage to my console.
    Just a tip because I do this every few weeks. Take a Q-tip and wipe down the side intake vents of your system, you might be surprised at how much dust can actually collect there.
    Last edited by staticthreat; 12-05-2015 at 18:59.

Turning the question around, how is your PS4 positioned? Is it inside a cabinet, on top of it, are there other items sitting right next to it contributing their own warm air etc. ?

Maybe it's just a case of moving the PS4?
    CPU AMD A8-3870K @ 3,4 Ghz | GFX MSI GTX 660 OC | RAM 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ DDR3-1866 | Board Asus F1A75-M PRO | OS Win 8.1 Pro | SSD Crucial M4 | Wheel: CSWv2...finally getting more than 10 fps Hyvää saa kun itse tekee
    This is not a fire and forget project for us. It's the beginning of what we hope is a very successful franchise to take on the incumbent leaders and we won't stop until we've ensured we beat them on all fronts. -the wookie
    The following user likes this Post: HeeseyChelmet

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by staticthreat View Post
    Just a tip because I do this every few weeks, take a Q-tip and wipe down the side intake vents of your system, you might be surprised at how much dust can actually collect there.
    I do the occasional quick dust of the system but never do I do a thorough dusting. Will try soon, thanks!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmynator View Post
    Turning the question around, how is your PS4 positioned? Is it inside a cabinet, on top of it, are there other items sitting right next to it contributing their own warm air etc. ?

Maybe it's just a case of moving the PS4?
    It's stood vertically on top of a desk, and I don't have any heat-producing devices near it when I'm playing.

Umer Ahmad
    Yup, project cars is known to peg the hardware. On PC I can adjust this by fps capping to the level I find suitable but you guys don't have such a luxury on consoles. Strong gaming PCs running at full blast can warm up a small room in minutes.

Keep the air flowing INTO/OUT-OF and AROUND the unit at all times. Put a small fan on it if necessary.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh3701 View Post
    It's stood vertically on top of a desk, and I don't have any heat-producing devices near it when I'm playing.
    You're covering an intake vent by standing it vertically (unless you have a certain vertical stand that allows airflow). I have mine horizontally with extra rubber bumpers that raise it up. I spent two hours playing nonstop and didn't have a problem.

I would still do the q-tip trick, something I should do myself.
    The following user likes this Post: HeeseyChelmet

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Are you disc or digital?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEY3._. View Post
    Are you disc or digital?
    Disc.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Whitlock_556 View Post
    You're covering an intake vent by standing it vertically (unless you have a certain vertical stand that allows airflow). I have mine horizontally with extra rubber bumpers that raise it up. I spent two hours playing nonstop and didn't have a problem.

I would still do the q-tip trick, something I should do myself.
    The intake vents I presume are exclusively on the USB-port side of the console? Otherwise I've still got air being allowed through. And besides, I've got no space to lay it horizontally anyways
    Last edited by Josh3701; 12-05-2015 at 19:14.