Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruf RGT-8 GT3 - setup for better behaviour over bumps - Eau Rouge

Platform
    PC

Ruf RGT-8 GT3 - setup for better behaviour over bumps - Eau Rouge

I am having massive trouble to keep up with the AI even at 80 through Eau Rouge. The crest of Eau Rouge is very bumpy but the AI has no trouble. When I try to take it with the same speed I always loose the car over these bumps. The rear just breaks away violently. I raised the ride height, made it softer etc. but the car is still bouncing too much. On the other hand the AI cars seem to flow nice and steady like the bumps don't exist.

Any ideas for the setup?
    i5-3570K @ 4300 MHz || Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H || 8GB DDR3 || GTX 980 || Win7 HP 64bit || Thrustmaster T300RS || 1920x1080 || DSL 16000/1024 || Creative 2.1 speakers || Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 soundcard

The following user likes this Post: yusupov

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    are you using traction control? i am not sure if i was or not but i took eau rouge flat out in this car & it seemed i could consistently crest it without an offtrack or spin, but it was very violent & tbh felt like i was cheating, did not feel like i should be getting away with it. idk if i had TC on or not & i think it was default setup so probably more downforce than youre running.
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10

Platform
    PC
    No assists. Wings are set to 1 / 3, but I think tyre grip and downforce is not the problem here. I could take eau rouge almost flat if it weren't for the bumps at the turn left crest that unsettle the car so much.
    i5-3570K @ 4300 MHz || Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H || 8GB DDR3 || GTX 980 || Win7 HP 64bit || Thrustmaster T300RS || 1920x1080 || DSL 16000/1024 || Creative 2.1 speakers || Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 soundcard

Platform
    PC
    did you sort this out. I'm just on the hunt for any setup tips for this car. I've heard that softening the front springs will make it not bounce at the front as much. I've yet to try it. Any other help out there?

Superkart Pilot
    Tighten up the dampers.

Platform
    PC
    all of them? Slow/Fast Bounce/Rebound? Surely this'll just put more load on already overheating tires??

Platform
    PS4
    I'd try softening fast bump a couple of clicks then use fast rebound to adjust the car behaviour over the bumps.

Is it bottoming out, do you hear a nasty grinding sound?

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    No assists. Wings are set to 1 / 3, but I think tyre grip and downforce is not the problem here. I could take eau rouge almost flat if it weren't for the bumps at the turn left crest that unsettle the car so much.
    Can you post your current car setup and what exactly you experiencing?

Okay, soften bumps, increase bump stop, lower ride high a bit, harden spring rate both front and rear, Stiffen fast rebound. Check how it plays it out. Also make sure you have good tire pressure, if it's too hit increase the pressure
    Last edited by JeyD02; 24-06-2015 at 17:58.

rocafella1978
    Quote Originally Posted by graveltrap View Post
    I'd try softening fast bump a couple of clicks then use fast rebound to adjust the car behaviour over the bumps.

Is it bottoming out, do you hear a nasty grinding sound?
    what do you adjust when you hear the nasty grinding sound? or way more sparks than usual? (bottoming out, but what to adjust?)

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    The Ruf RGT-8 does indeed have very soft dampers. Here, let me quickly calculate something for you...

More controlled damping over bumps with default springs.

Alternate springs, ARB and damper settings for less front stiff bias, can help make the car feel more nippy. Probably requires an LSD change as well (something like in the other cars should work, like 20-30 acc, 30-40 dec, 40-100 preload) because the less understeery setup can make the car more prone to rotating with the almost open differential the car runs by default.

Last edited by Jussi Viljami Karjalainen; 29-06-2015 at 19:15.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, danpinho, tennenbaum