Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe this game.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

I can't believe this game.

This game makes me feel the same way I did when I first got my hands on Forza ten years ago. I cannot believe how amazing the presentation is and the racing is so pure. I'll be the first to admit, when I first started playing I had a bad time... a real bad time. I fixed my controller to my preference and now the only problem I have is with counter steering, which I fix through tuning setup. Karts were a pain but I'm sure once the controller issues are fixed, they will be a blast.

Thank you SMS, WMD, and whoever else was involved in this project. It has been everything I've wanted (minus the DTM M4 ) in a console racing game. In my opinion you have set the benchmark for any and all companies that want to enter this space on consoles.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Are you using a controller? Really ?

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    ^^^ Whats wrong with that... it's his choice.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 2 users likes this Post: Manmadesmiith, yusupov

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, I am actually. I'm able to be competitive with AI @ 80-90 with my set up.
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    ^^^ Whats wrong with that... it's his choice.
    Nothing wrong with his choice, I mean more how is he managing it? Because I'm finding it really difficult at the moment with it being extremely sensitive etc, even after messing around with the setting for hours.
    The following user likes this Post: koda.72

Platform
    PC
    ^^^ Ah OK mate.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    What's your favorite car and track so far?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by N30n117 View Post
    Nothing wrong with his choice, I mean more how is he managing it? Because I'm finding it really difficult at the moment with it being extremely sensitive etc, even after messing around with the setting for hours.

Except for the counter steering it works great for me too. After updating the controller, getting the d1 patch and getting the settings right.
    It does not feel too sensitive at all now, and that's without touching steering ratio on the car.

Oh and going all out in a Lotus 98T on Donington is a blast, a slightly scary one though.
    Last edited by hewd; 12-05-2015 at 23:43.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hewd View Post
    Except for the counter steering it works great for me too. After updating the controller, getting the d1 patch and getting the settings right.
    It does not feel too sensitive at all now, and that's without touching steering ratio on the car.

Oh and going all out in a Lotus 98T on Donington is a blast, a slightly scary one though.
    Hmm, that's strange... I mean on Xbox one, the steering wheel is at full-lock with about 20/30% angle on the analogue stick... Does anyone know if there's an update planned for this? Lot of people are seeming to find it an issue on Xbox. I have day one patch installed etc too... Maybe I should reinstall the game?

Platform
    PC
    Quote from Ian Bell.... if you haven't already read it.

Patch info.

Fixed Issues -

- Issue where cars would garage into closed garages in Zolder
    - Console TT is now set to 11am to match PC
    - Re-enabled saving of Community ghosts
    - Added ABS brake rumble to XB1 triggers
    - Changed XB1 pad rumble to only update during the per frame tick and not at 600hz
    - Use absolute acceleration values for blending and updating steering movement to prevent negative direction
    - XB1 trigger rumble scaled along with FFB rumble. XB1 analogue stick range corrected to use full extent
    - The driver can no longer be switched in MP races and time trials
    - Fix for NULL pointer protection when accessing ProximityDetector GUI
    It might be 2- 4 days though.