Thread: Problem starting PCars on XBone

Platform
    XBOX1

Problem starting PCars on XBone

Don't see similar threads posted previously so hope this is the right place to post.

When I get to XBone dashboard and click on PCars, it immediately goes straight into the game (screen) without going through the normal PCars loading proceedings where you have to press "start" button etc. It's kinda as if my Xbone was never turned off. The result then is 1) the Driver Network, Time Trials and Marketplace remains locked, 2) I don't see my Gamertag at the upper right of the screen and 3) my steering wheel doesn't turn on or calibrate. The only thing that helps is if I turn everything off, wait about 20 seconds, then connect the steering wheel to power, then connect the Xbone to power and then connect the wheel's USB cable to the Xbox. On one or two occasions that didn't help either, but if I then turn on the Xbox with the front button, all is solved - goes through the game loading sequence, wheel calibrates and Driver network etc is unlocked.

I'm playing the game from the disc version and I'm using the Thrustmaster TX (F458) wheel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as it's kinda frustrating to restart / unplug etc every time I wanna start playing.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by FA RACING 01; 13-05-2015 at 09:04. Reason: Adding
    Router -- Xbox One -- Thrustmaster TX F458 Italia FFB -- 94 cm HDDTV -- Loving wife [Temporary using Xbox controller]

Platform
    PC
    You can force the game to close from the Xbox one dashboard by hitting the menu button and selecting "quit", it will keep running in the background in the "instant on" mode.

Have you calibrated and set up the wheel correctly?
    CPU: Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, 4GB | MoBo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper H6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 | PSU: Corsair CS750M | HDD: Plextor 256GB SSD & WD 4TB HDD | OS: Win 7 Professional, 64-bit | Display: LG 42" TV | Audio: Logitech Z906 | Control: Xbox 360 controller
    The following user likes this Post: FA RACING 01

Platform
    XBOX1
    Big thanks. Perhaps I should also mention that I normally power-off the XBone straight from the game menu by holding in the XBone button on the wheel for about 2 seconds and then select the "close down" option. Is that different from what you suggesting ? It seems as if my way never completely shuts down.

As for the wheel, I just connected it on day one and the calibration took place by itself - going through the 900 dgree rotation etc. Anything else I should do or perhaps somewhere I can do some reading on it.

Once again, big thanks, much appreciated.
    Router -- Xbox One -- Thrustmaster TX F458 Italia FFB -- 94 cm HDDTV -- Loving wife [Temporary using Xbox controller]

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FA RACING 01 View Post
    Big thanks. Perhaps I should also mention that I normally power-off the XBone straight from the game menu by holding in the XBone button on the wheel for about 2 seconds and then select the "close down" option. Is that different from what you suggesting ? It seems as if my way never completely shuts down.

As for the wheel, I just connected it on day one and the calibration took place by itself - going through the 900 dgree rotation etc. Anything else I should do or perhaps somewhere I can do some reading on it.

Once again, big thanks, much appreciated.
    You should try to hard reset the console and see if that helps. Hold down the power button on the console until it turns off and the light on the power brick should turn orange.

There is two modes for the Xbox One, the "energy saving mode" completely turns it off and the "instant on" mode keeps games running between sessions and can download updates when you have it "turned off", more like a standby mode. What you are doing by holding down the button and turning it off with the controller is the same as just pressing the power button.

You can search online for calibration information, this video might help (I didn't watch it, but the title matches what you are after): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwOWDoPZwMo

You can also adjust the settings on the controller page and there is also a car specific force feedback setting, which you can increase to further enhance the amount of FFB.
    CPU: Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, 4GB | MoBo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper H6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 | PSU: Corsair CS750M | HDD: Plextor 256GB SSD & WD 4TB HDD | OS: Win 7 Professional, 64-bit | Display: LG 42" TV | Audio: Logitech Z906 | Control: Xbox 360 controller

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Do you close the game down before powering down your Xbox?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by FA RACING 01 View Post

Any suggestions would be appreciated as it's kinda frustrating to restart / unplug etc every time I wanna start playing.
    Take a look at the links bellow, I think you'll find the answer to those issues.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00147.pdf
    http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00148.pdf

Cheers

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks thisisbleep, Im Sorry and Seps1974. Will try your suggestions and have a look at those links tonight. Much appreciated guys.
    The following user likes this Post: Seps1974