Thread: In Race Data

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

In Race Data

Hi,

I, like a lot of people, can see the huge potential of the game but right now it is just that...potential. I was led to believe this was to be the most in depth racing game there ever has been yet I'm seeing some quite glaringly obvious omissions.

My main issue is this...mid race I need data to plan my strategy, figure out where I am in relation to my rivals, whether I can afford to save tyres etc. But I can't get it!

I'm currently on the 3hr endurance (oh by the way...this game is in desperate need of a mid-race save feature...leaving my Xbox on all night is not a good thing!) and other than how many laps each driver has done I cannot see how far behind I am ANYONE other than the car in front. I can't see how many pit stops they have done. I don't know what tyres they are on. What kind of lap times they are doing at the moment.

All of this I would have thought would have been a staple part of a simulation racing game.

Platform
    PC
    Some of hese things can be seen by pausing the game (on PC at least). Splits, laps, deltas. As for the other stuff, that is a lot of data that I hope can be integrated into the game in a smooth fashion.
    ~Bailey

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Can see splits, laps and deltas yup but that doesn't help me much at all during a race as I've no idea how far behind the leaders I am. I can't even scroll to the top of the timings sheet to see if I'm on the lead lap.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Agreed. "Gap to leader" desperately needs to be integrated. Especially the endurance races would benefit greatly from it. That and the possibility to scroll between all contestants. It seems like the qualification screen gets used during the races as well, with the "Gap" column showing gap to best lap and not gap to leader position. Another useful implementation would be a column stating how many pitstops each driver has made.

Things like this will surely come in due time.