Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Know? (Community Wiki)

Platform
    PC

Did You Know? (Community Wiki)

Dear All,

Thanks first for joining the community by purchasing the game. It's been an exciting and at times frustrating week. Know that SMS are working round-the-clock to get the major playability (control, framerate, sounds etc.) issues solved ASAP.

Some of you may be new to the sim genre and sims like Project CARS go a bit further in their calculations and algorithms then previous driving games you may have played. You may have learned a couple of new things about the game just by chatting with others or reading posts in this forum.

I encourage everyone just to take a couple minutes to review the information the WMD community has put together here so you have a better understanding about Project CARS. We will try to keep this Wiki updated as much as possible. You are encouraged to ask questions right here in this thread and we can get them answered and then transfer the Q/A back up to the wiki so everyone can review easily.

Regards

THE LINK AGAIN
    i5-3570K+CM Hyper EVO, SLI GTX580 (1.5GB) v337.50, Corsair HX850, Samsung m830 SSD, GSkill 2x4GB 1600, Biostar Z77, win7-64 | Logi G27 | Viewsonic LCD 1080 |

--PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just the kind of thread I was hoping for!

Does the real weather system also provide the air temperature settings? Or are the temperature settings an independant model? Also if real weather and real time are selected will weather change according to real life?

Platform
    PC
    Yes, I believe air temp (or "Ambient Temp") is modeled separately from Track Temp.

REAL weather is supposed to look-up the current weather at the track location you selected using GPS coordinates and an Internet weather service so that your game session weather would match the track weather in real life at that moment. I don't think it updated it in realtime while driving. I think it was more just the starting condition and maybe 1 weather slot forecast. Details are fuzzy to me now and I expect this feature to be developed further. Honestly I have not even tried it myself but those were the concepts behind "REAL" weather setting.
    i5-3570K+CM Hyper EVO, SLI GTX580 (1.5GB) v337.50, Corsair HX850, Samsung m830 SSD, GSkill 2x4GB 1600, Biostar Z77, win7-64 | Logi G27 | Viewsonic LCD 1080 |

The following 2 users likes this Post: JG_Fan24, riverreveal

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Are the specific AI drivers you encounter in career mode personalized in regard to speed and/or other parameters? Their performance from round to round come across as random, even though they can perform well through both races in specific race weekends.

I'm more interested in what happens after a championship is generated - if some of the drivers are more likely to perform well than others - rather than eventual skill parameters connected to specific names (which I suppose there are none ATM (?)).

Thank you!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Luke Townsend, Stewy32

Platform
    PC
    No, they're not personalized. It's pretty random with the names etc. each race i believe.

Agree, this could be an area for improvement.

The following 2 users likes this Post: Luke Townsend, Stewy32

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    How do you save a setup for a specific track and what is the pit strategy for... It seems to default back every time i race?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just wondering what the deal with assists is...

If i set it to real, will my GT3 car have ABS and TC, or do i need to unlock the assists and toggle them on using key/controller binds?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Also on assists, I haven't been able to find an explanation as to what "Steering assistance" affects. I had not tried it until today after trying some of the helpful suggested DS4 setups here on the forum.

What I noticed is that "steering assistance" doesn't function as It does in most other racing games were steering assistance just guides you around the track like a third hand. To me it feelsmore like a filter of some sort. Kind of like switching between handling modes in forza. I think they call it "standard" and "professional", or something time that.

Some info on how steering assistance works would be helpful.
    Last edited by Deadzone; 14-05-2015 at 08:55.
    The following user likes this Post: DisturbedUKR

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ive seen bits about wind being modelled, is that true?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    on that page the words "link" are just *link*.
    no real links.