Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Know? (Community Wiki)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    Ok thanks. So the two previous cars and setups I worked with before are still there and I just have to go back and select those cars? I did go back and try to select one of the other cars but it gave me a car with no livery, just a red car. Did I accidentally select another one of those cars, so now I have two of them?
    No accident, your livery selection isn't saved with your car setup currently. You'll have to reselect your preferred livery for each car you like to use for the time being until it's added to the saved Setups routine. I know, I know, it gets monotonous. I believe it's something on the 'Want to fix eventually list' but don't quote me on that, fix priorities changes often.
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS Dual OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB(Drvr R382.33) | Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Case: THERMALTAKE Level 10 GTS | PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Platinum 650W | Monitor: 40" VISIO D40u-D1 | O/S: Win10 Pro-64bit | Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE & F1 Wheels

CPU-Z Validation
    Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "If somebody said they enjoyed the Nürburgring, they weren't going fast enough." ~ Sir Jackie Stewart on the Green Hell
    I appreciate those enjoying my Custom Liveries... but, please don't send me livery requests in PM's. I don't do liveries on request. Sorry.
    The following user likes this Post: Jezza819

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lord 0f 5P4c3 View Post
    Hello,

as a novice in project cars, I have few questions: (I hope there is right section for this)

1) What does green and blue color of tyres in right bottom corner means?
    2) What does "KERS" and "DRS" means(its in controls -> edit assigments -> vehicle)?
    3) Do I have to change driver during 24h le mans? Or is it optinal only, so I can drive whole race?
    4) How long season in career mode takes? In the career there is calendar, but I dont know, how to find out what month will my current season end.

Thanks for clarification
    1) Blue = Tire temps less than optimal, Green = Optimal temps. Both temp ranges varies per car and tyre compound. Also get them too hot and that indicator will turn Red eventually.
    2) KERS = Kinetic Energy Recovery System, DRS = Drag Reduction System, they're the same as the counter parts used in real F1 racing. Google those terms for further definition.
    3) You may run the whole race yourself if you want to. The Total Drive Time limit of the real world rules does not apply in pCARS.
    4) Most career seasons last inside one calendar year stopping short of the winter season in the northern hemisphere. You can flip through the months on the calendar looking for the career calendar event icon for your current career path. You can also view how many Rounds are left in your current Championship on the Result Tab of the Career Dashboard. Appears as Championship Round: 1/4 or 2/4 (read as 1 of 4 and so on).
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS Dual OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB(Drvr R382.33) | Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Case: THERMALTAKE Level 10 GTS | PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Platinum 650W | Monitor: 40" VISIO D40u-D1 | O/S: Win10 Pro-64bit | Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE & F1 Wheels

CPU-Z Validation
    Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "If somebody said they enjoyed the Nürburgring, they weren't going fast enough." ~ Sir Jackie Stewart on the Green Hell
    I appreciate those enjoying my Custom Liveries... but, please don't send me livery requests in PM's. I don't do liveries on request. Sorry.
    The following user likes this Post: Umer Ahmad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Can i add friends ingame or see Steamfriends with their laptimes and community event times? And can i see their profiles?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Dallas View Post
    You don't save the cars to the My Garage. They're available at all times. You just pick one to use for whichever race mode you're using. Except Career mode, it's which ever car was assigned to you in the contract. You can however in My Garage tune your setup and when you save the setup select a specific track for that setup or all tracks. So whenever you select that car at your chosen location it loads your setup by default when the track loads. There is a bug however, between sessions(like from Practice to Qualify for example) it resets the setup to your saved track default that you saved in My Garage rather than carrying it over to the next session.
    I got that bug in a career event. Worked ok between practice and quali. I used both sessions to set up the car but not touching gear ratios. Went to the race and the set up had changed to something completely random not default. Roughly put everything to where I had it, entered the race. Gearing seemed to have been set for Le Mans or something, only used 2nd and 3rd gear all race. FYI, it was the McLaren F1 3 Hour Invitational at Zolda

Platform
    PC
    Is there plans to add better multiclass choices? Right now all we have is selecting multiclass and the game adds whatever cars it wants, there should be an option to select the classes.
    Case: NZXT Phantom | CPU: I5-3570K@4.0Ghz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V | GPU: Radeon Strix R9 390 | Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengence@1600 | PSU: Cooler Master GX750 | Cooling: Corsair H60 | HDD: 2xWD 500GB, 1x160GB Seagate | OS: Win10 Pro 64bit | Controller: XB1
    Kimi Räikkönen for 2016 F1 Champion! -- Follow my twitch channel here!
    The following user likes this Post: dremarcos

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Concrete View Post
    In community events are the set ups the same for every one or does it use the set the player has created and saved in the garage ?
    i'd like to know that as well!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The Tyres are confusing.

When I am editing a car's set up I have choices, but no explanation of the particular tyres, such as Masculin Track, Masculin UHP Summer and Masculin XR

When editing the Pit strategy the compounds are always soft, medium, hard, intermediate or wet. There seems to be no explanation of how the pit strategy compounds relate to the car set up compounds.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BMASTER, loslogo

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Concrete View Post
    In community events are the set ups the same for every one or does it use the set the player has created and saved in the garage ?
    Something I would like to know too.
    Furthermore how can you force pitstop in online community events?

For some events you might set maximum fuel to start with on each and every car to make sure that each participant has to pit at least once..
    However, I believe this is not possible (yet), or is it?

Platform
    PS4
    does anyone know if vehicle mileage matters?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Can I pop my tyres if I do long enough burnout?