Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal FFB Settings for XB1/PS4 Spreadsheet

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Universal FFB Settings for XB1/PS4 Spreadsheet

These are adapted from Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files - basically it's his FFB settings, in a spreadsheet so that console users can enter them into their game and use the same FFB settings as PC users are enjoying. These should work for most/all console supported wheels and should be a good starting point for everyone. Obviously a lot is based on personal preference, so if they don't feel quite right each user can alter them in his/her game however they see fit.

There are six sets of FFB settings within this spreadsheet.

Whatīs the difference between the sets?

1. Classic - classic parameters Fx,Mz,Fy,Fz - but additional SopDiff. bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, solves phase issues.

2. Fy+SopLateral Mix - side load mix (front/rear) 2/3 + 1/3 by forces not by numbers. FFB feels slightly different but gives more feel what the
    rear of the car is doing, all other parameters as Standard.

3. 66% - Featuring Side Load Forces derivated from the Rear. The character of SopLateral leaves Mz more space to breathe, allows about
    10% - 13% increased Master Scale and Sop Scale values than in other sets. Entering curves the wheel slightly feels lighter than
    usual but compensates with more dynamic, you gain more feel when the tail wants to step out.
    In the Fy+SopLateral Mix version Fy (side load front) is dominating, besides the Master Levels this is the main difference.
    Note, although different side load mix versions they are following laws of physics, in this case how SMS interprets including
    human error (and bugs).

4. Bumps Plus - Based on the Fy+SopLateral Mix version, more Rockīn Roll from bumps and kerbs, clipping not ruled out.

5. Brake Rumble - in game Fx = longitudinal force. Fx is equally cranked up on all cars, itīs a temporary force so it wonīt spoil the core balance. Though cranked up there is just little effect on lots of cars. As reference check the Radicals and the Caterham 500 on Oulton Park.

6. Bumps Plus - Classic - Similar to the Bumps Plus version but based on the Standard-Classic settings.

Download from Google Drive here:

Excel: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download
    PDF: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download

Let me know if there are any problems!
    Last edited by Wootball; 27-08-2015 at 13:29.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks for the links..will try this on my Xbox later. Very interested to see the results.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you Wootball for this pdf file and to Jack Spade for these tweaks.

After some heavy testing with these settings on xbox, because of the weak ffb that most of us are experiencing

I would like to suggest to raise every settings by at least 20-30 in order to almost get the same feeling as on pc.

Remember to leave ffb and tyre force at 100

Platform
    XBOX1
    So what if my TX wheel already have very strong FFB and I had to turn FFB down from 100 to 70 - could I still use these settings and feel what the PC users feel?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Brilliant base tunes excellent, testing now with Gt3. Many thanks

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Benja190782 View Post
    So what if my TX wheel already have very strong FFB and I had to turn FFB down from 100 to 70 - could I still use these settings and feel what the PC users feel?
    Then i would try them as in the pdf and raised the master scale by small increment. Remember to always have the master scale and SoP scale at the same value

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    20-30 of master scale ffb ? Or of all the Fx Fy Fz Mz scale ??

Platform
    XBOX1
    WTF? I don't got "body scale" and body long. scale" under my options? Is this only on PC version or what is wrong??

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Benja190782 View Post
    WTF? I don't got "body scale" and body long. scale" under my options? Is this only on PC version or what is wrong??

They are under car force feedback settings. Same page where you fin Sop settings.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Mods - can this be stickied like the PS4 one please?