Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal FFB Settings for XB1/PS4 Spreadsheet

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Jack Spade here to clarify my settings

First and foremost the core of the settings or ratio of forces in all version are conform the laws of physics, SMS physics to be precise,
    they correctly mirror the carīs situation on the FFB wheel. Mz, Fx etc. is not some sort of game dialect itīs RW universal physical term, so the
    settings work on any type of wheel.

The different versions are based on different side load mixes (front/rear) at this point they are a matter of taste rather than wrong or
    right. All cars are optimized and in the same ballpark at global FFB=100 and Tire Force=100 actually this already is very close to the limit.

I sometimes read of people suggesting ridiculous Tire Fore levels of 150 or even 200. This is turning any wheel into a clipping monster of zero
    dynamic. Your G25/27 will never become something like a CSW v2 so I advice everybody owning a weaker type of wheel to be realistic about it.
    The wheel preset menus offer better means to deal with your type of wheel than just increasing Tire Force to absurd levels, suggestions are
    already posted in this forum or follow the link in my signature.
    System: Win 10 Pro , i7 8700k, MSI Z 370 Pro, 16 GB ram Gigabyte GTX 1080,, Fanatec CSW V2.5 (FW 317, Driver 292), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

PC 2 - Custom Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1358152
    PC 1 - V3.1.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spade View Post
    Jack Spade here to clarify my settings

First and foremost the core of the settings or ratio of forces in all version are conform the laws of physics, SMS physics to be precise,
    they correctly mirror the carīs situation on the FFB wheel. Mz, Fx etc. is not some sort of game dialect itīs RW universal physical term, so the
    settings work on any type of wheel.

The different versions are based on different side load mixes (front/rear) at this point they are a matter of taste rather than wrong or
    right. All cars are optimized and in the same ballpark at global FFB=100 and Tire Force=100 actually this already is very close to the limit.

I sometimes read of people suggesting ridiculous Tire Fore levels of 150 or even 200. This is turning any wheel into a clipping monster of zero
    dynamic. Your G25/27 will never become something like a CSW v2 so I advice everybody owning a weaker type of wheel to be realistic about it.
    The wheel preset menus offer better means to deal with your type of wheel than just increasing Tire Force to absurd levels, suggestions are
    already posted in this forum or follow the link in my signature.
    As a mechanical engineer and a former professional racer, I can understand what you're saying, however, if I set my tire force below 120 using your settings, my TX wheel has virtually zero resistance. I beleive that the increased tire force setting is necessary to compensate for the issue currently being experienced by thrustmaster users. I have yet to experiment with setting the tire force at 100 and upping the master scale for the individual vehicle. Would you suggest this as an alternative? I'm just looking for the best overall feeling. What I have now is pretty good, actually the best I've felt in a game. Any feedback (pun intended) is appreciated.
    The following user likes this Post: RoccoTTS

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GRTfast View Post
    As a mechanical engineer and a former professional racer, I can understand what you're saying, however, if I set my tire force below 120 using your settings, my TX wheel has virtually zero resistance. I beleive that the increased tire force setting is necessary to compensate for the issue currently being experienced by thrustmaster users. I have yet to experiment with setting the tire force at 100 and upping the master scale for the individual vehicle. Would you suggest this as an alternative? I'm just looking for the best overall feeling. What I have now is pretty good, actually the best I've felt in a game. Any feedback (pun intended) is appreciated.
    Increasing Tire Force or per car Master Scale and Sop Scale actually makes no difference cause the result is just the same only difference TF is a global parameter. Watch the FFB monitor, if you see
    a flat line at the top and bottom or the tops are cut off the kerbs signals thatīs clipping and the end of dynamic range. The more you add to it the more you get a spring sort thing instead of dynamic FFB.
    I know it doesnīt help you much but with suggested settings my CSW v2 feels really strong. Here is a global setting you could try for your type of wheel.

Relative Adjust Gain = 1.20
    Relative Adjust Bleed = 0.10
    Relative Adjust Clamp = 1.00

Soft Clipping (Half Input) = 1.39 (or more compression 0.90-1.20)
    Soft Clipping (Full Output) = 1.20 (1.30, 1.40)
    System: Win 10 Pro , i7 8700k, MSI Z 370 Pro, 16 GB ram Gigabyte GTX 1080,, Fanatec CSW V2.5 (FW 317, Driver 292), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

PC 1 - V3.1.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    That makes perfect sense. Where is the FFB monitor?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That makes perfect sense. Where is the FFB monitor?
    When you have the full HUD up you will see the ffb monitor on the top left, it is a yellow horizontal line.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    So with the settings suggested by jack, it doesn't clip, but I can steer the car with my pinky finger. There is almost no detectable FFB. If I up the tire scale to 120, the wheel still feels weak, but is at least usable. The graph shows clipping, but not that bad. I'm guessing there must be some issue with the game's signal to the wheel. What it seems like is that the only real significant FFB we're feeling on the thrustmaster wheels with the Xbox one is the clipping. The dynamic resistance is basically just not there.
    Last edited by GRTfast; 23-05-2015 at 23:37.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Reinart86, stux, The Johnx

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    So with the settings suggested by jack, it doesn't clip, but I can steer the car with my pinky finger. There is almost no detectable FFB. If I up the tire scale to 120, the wheel still feels weak, but is at least usable. The graph shows clipping, but not that bad. I'm guessing there must be some issue with the game's signal to the wheel. What it seems like is that the only real significant FFB we're feeling on the thrustmaster wheels with the Xbox one is the clipping. The dynamic resistance is basically just not there.
    There is nothing wrong on the FFB signal the game calculates probably a driver-FW-console issue sort of thing. The FFB levels Iīm suggesting the wheels should feel strong, can be verified on
    the FFB monitor.

Kart Driver
    There is nothing wrong on the FFB signal the game calculates probably a driver-FW-console issue sort of thing. The FFB levels Iīm suggesting the wheels should feel strong, can be verified on
    the FFB monitor.
    Everything you say makes sense but what I don't understand is why TX users (such as myself) are left with such weak FFB.

Your settings made a major difference to my handling ability (lap times went down significantly) but as with GRTfast, the steering resistance and FFB is still extremely (i.e. overly) light.

I presume that as your CSW v2 has strong FFB that a software fix will be needed for TX wheels?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The Johnx View Post
    Everything you say makes sense but what I don't understand is why TX users (such as myself) are left with such weak FFB.

Your settings made a major difference to my handling ability (lap times went down significantly) but as with GRTfast, the steering resistance and FFB is still extremely (i.e. overly) light.

I presume that as your CSW v2 has strong FFB that a software fix will be needed for TX wheels?
    As Iīm on PC+CSWv2 Iīm not aware of game-certain wheel-console issues, AFAIK SMS is working on issues reported by console users.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    the FFB monitor.
    Gotcha. That makes sense. Hopefully they will fix it. It is at least playable, but I'm sure we aren't getting the full experience. Thanks for your help and input.