Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter is Very Flawed

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter is Very Flawed

Was really excited to play this game but man what a let down, unplayable as is with he TH8A Shifter!

-It never goes to reverse
    -If you shift out of sequence (downshift) it completely throws off the shifter and will not register what gear you are in correctly after that.
    -If you crash (you can't get into reverse as mentioned above) you can't get back into first gear to start again!???!?

I made sure the gears are correctly bound in the setup menu.
    I have the gearbox set to manual and clutch on (using the T3PA pedals)

The gear shift works at the beginning of a race when you are shifting in sequence, but if you ever skip a gear, need to reverse,crash and need to get back into 1st, or accidently shift into a gear not available for the car (7th gear) its stops registering correctly.

Does anyone have this shifter who has it working 100%?

Firmware for the wheel is up to date and the shifter works perfect on Forza 5.
    Paddle shifters works perfect.

....bummed

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have the same problem. I may have found the fix on another thread though. If the car is a paddle shift car it will only shift in sequence, therefore rendering the th8a useless (can't skip gears in these cars). In order to use the shifter you have to be driving a car that actually has a h-pattern shifter in it. I don't know if this is true yet cause I've yet to get home from work and try it. Hope it answers your question and that I've worded it to make sense. Good luck.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Exactly the same issue here with my TH8A shifter on Xbox One.

Platform
    PC
    I wonder if disabling the real driving aids setting affects this? Just a thought. I have no problem using paddles/sequential shifter but they don't let you know in advance which the car features, so you have to look it up yourself. It would be nice to use the H-gate if you prefer, though.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Manic DBB View Post
    I wonder if disabling the real driving aids setting affects this? Just a thought. I have no problem using paddles/sequential shifter but they don't let you know in advance which the car features, so you have to look it up yourself. It would be nice to use the H-gate if you prefer, though.
    I should have specified, the issues I am having are with using the H-Gate, the paddles seem to be working fine so it makes sense the sequential shifter on the TH8a should work fine too. Thanks for pointing that out. As for disabling the driving aids, the only setting which should make a difference are choosing whether you want auto or manual or clutch on/off. The other driving aids (brake aids, steering aids, etc.) should not make a difference.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Same problem... Makes the th8a useless ��

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Does it work properly with older cars that has a h-pattern shifter ? If so, it's realistic, not a problem.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2

Platform
    XBOX1
    The shifter works as it should, if a car has an H pattern then it works well, shifting from 5-3 and 4-2 is really useful (watch out for diff lock though!).

Paddle shift should be used ie sequential if that is what the car has in real life.

In short there is nothing wrong with the shifter, just need to use it appropriately.....
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Diablo944, Goofball Antics, PTG Claret, Robhd

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This ^^^^^
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by viraldarnett View Post
    I have the same problem. I may have found the fix on another thread though. If the car is a paddle shift car it will only shift in sequence, therefore rendering the th8a useless (can't skip gears in these cars). In order to use the shifter you have to be driving a car that actually has a h-pattern shifter in it. I don't know if this is true yet cause I've yet to get home from work and try it. Hope it answers your question and that I've worded it to make sense. Good luck.
    That is true & correct. Plus when you think about it, it makes sense!
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode