Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: odd orientation of reflections on car, and odd reflection behavior when looking aroun

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

odd orientation of reflections on car, and odd reflection behavior when looking aroun

It seems that while using the external car mounted views (coud also effect cockpit views) the reflection on the car is as if the car is pointed to the left and not properly centered on the car. As it is now in the game if you have trees on both side of the track the reflection on the car in those view modes will show only reflections on the left side of the car (as if the car was sliding sideways down the track), it makes me very disoriented, and very distracting.

The first two photos are the two external mounted cam views
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150513154354.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	202198

Name:	20150513154407.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	202199

This is how the reflections should look on the car (shows correctly in this view mode)

Name:	20150513154421.jpg 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	202200

If I point the car to the right it is how the reflections should look if going straight down the track

Name:	20150513154432.jpg 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	202201

The reflections in the first two photos make me feel like im moving down the track like this.

Name:	20150513154445.jpg 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	202202

And here is a short video of the odd behavior of the reflections when I look around (its like the reflections are tied to where the view is pointing instead of being tied to the car itself).
    Last edited by madmax2069; 13-05-2015 at 20:47.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mascot, totaison

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    Yep, this is definitely an issue. As madmax says, it's very disorientating. The environmental reflections all seem to slide in from one side of the car when driving down the track. It looks weird.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Porsche 918 RSR rim, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, SFX-100 chassis mover motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Definitely a problem with the rendering, especially for the roof or hood cam drivers. You should post this thread in the 'Known Issues' thread so it gets put on the list.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    Definitely a problem with the rendering, especially for the roof or hood cam drivers. You should post this thread in the 'Known Issues' thread so it gets put on the list.
    Mascot linked to this topic there already
    The following user likes this Post: FoxMulder

SMS PC Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    The roof/hood cameras use a different reflection system to the other views in order to gain a higher resolution reflection across the wider hood or roof car geometry.

It is a known issue internally and should be added to that thread so that it is highlighted for review/fixing in a future patch.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SMS PC Lead View Post
    The roof/hood cameras use a different reflection system to the other views in order to gain a higher resolution reflection across the wider hood or roof car geometry.

It is a known issue internally and should be added to that thread so that it is highlighted for review/fixing in a future patch.
    The problem also occurs in cockpit cam (helmet cam), to me it seems that the scenery on the side of the track is reflected in the hood, whilst the hood should reflect the skies mostly.
    The following user likes this Post: FoxMulder

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just dropping the link to my images here:
    I have done a direct comparison on the PS4 vs XBO reflections and how they differ.

Hopefully a mod will merge it
    I posted it as a new thread as at the time I was unaware that it was already being discussed, So I apoologise for that

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nder-placement
    Fanatec Multi-Platform Beta Tester
    Click here for verification

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Anyone know if there's a fix coming for this?? I have it too on my PS4 only. Xbox one and PC look normal.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I can only hope that they fix the orientation of the reflections on the cars soon. For me its very distracting, and very disorienting.

Whats odd is that it only effects the PS4 version, as the orientation of the reflection on the cars on the PC and Xbox one versions are correct.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    I can only hope that they fix the orientation of the reflections on the cars soon. For me its very distracting, and very disorienting.

Whats odd is that it only effects the PS4 version, as the orientation of the reflection on the cars on the PC and Xbox one versions are correct.
    Yea, it's one of my biggest issues with the PS4 version (that and the PS4 FFB)
    It's not listed in the 2.0 patch notes as fixed (which is an awesome patch) and neither is the FFB calculation bug.

But... I'm hopeful that it might of sneaked in to the patch, like some of the unmentioned extras did in 1.4

If not, I don't think it won't take too much long to sort out
    Last edited by Fanatest; 24-06-2015 at 19:40.
    Fanatec Multi-Platform Beta Tester
    Click here for verification