Thread: Free Practice Feedback

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Free Practice Feedback

I'm playing on PS4 and have some feedback for Free Practice as it currently works.

- The crowd should not be there. Only your team (once added, hopefully).

- After gaining manual control when leaving the pits, I slowly reversed back into the pits, after certain point, session ended showing status of DQ, then restarted instead of 'Continue'. Here it got weird and basically restarted with the camera fixed in the air, with no car, not able to drive. Exited to the main menu > went back to Free Practice > started > then the game got hung up on the loading screen, forcing a press of the PS Home button > Options > Close Application > Power Off (for good measure). Another thing, not nearly as odd but still a little: I reversed back into the pits again, it "DQs" you, restarted, and behind the UI you can see the game essentially flying your car to the furthest end of the pits at the back, not the original location when the game initially started.

- Pressing the Options button and selecting 'Return to Pit Box' isn't showing the repairs visually (e.g. lose front right tire, select return to pit box, drive, and front right tire is not showing as being there despite handling returning to normal).

- Driving into the pits on the proper side should allow the player's vehicle to stop, get repairs, change tires, et cetera.

- When one drives into the pits from the proper side, the 'Pit Strategy' selection box (Options: Edit Current, View Saved, Swap Driver - which should not be there, Close), pops up as the player's vehicle is controlled by AI. The AI guides the player's vehicle through until manual control is given, yet the Pit Strategy pop up does not automatically go away once manual control is given.

- Is kinda nice that we can actually u-turn and travel in reverse direction on the track.

- Time Progression setting does not save when the player returns to the main menu, it reverts to 0 (as I have noticed in other game modes)

Surely is more that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

All from:
    Track: Willow Springs IR
    Vehicle: Formula A
    Last edited by Perfect Code; 14-05-2015 at 00:39.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Tires don't start cold in Formula A, they use tire blankets as they do in real life to. So in career and all you dont start with cold tires in formula A.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin03 View Post
    Tires don't start cold in Formula A, they use tire blankets as they do in real life to. So in career and all you dont start with cold tires in formula A.
    Indeed. I wasn't sure if that is what the reason was supposed to be, since there is nothing showing that the tires should be warmed. The game environment is pretty empty/dead. Would be nice if players could choose to have the tires warmed before getting on the track or not. I usually like having to warm them myself.

Edit: Edited original post.
    Last edited by Perfect Code; 14-05-2015 at 03:21.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Just began a Free Practice session on Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps with rain as the first weather condition slot. Am in the McLaren P1 and the car begins inside, outside of the rain, yet there is already rain on the windshield and side windows. There is also none of those same rain effects for the two windows above the driver on top of the P1.

I noticed the AI always hits the left side of the McLaren F1 near the end of the pits on the way out at Spa. Full damage is set to on but sadly no scratches to the left side, no broken left side mirror, etc. It is remarkable how primitive our video games still are.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    free practices doesn't allow for "Return to pits", only reset and then "tuning settings". I wish it were not so
    CPU I5 4670K 3.4ghz @Stock | EVGA GTX 970 w/ 4GB vram (OC)| Monitor: Asus VG278HE 27" 144hz (pCARS @ 120fps) | RAM 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte Z87 HD3 | HDD Seagate SATA 2TB (pCARS)| O.S. Win 7 64bit on SSD Kingston 128GB | Wheel T300RS w/ CSR-Elite Pedals
    STEAM ID: ex_stream_tuna

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Code View Post
    Indeed. I wasn't sure if that is what the reason was supposed to be, since there is nothing showing that the tires should be warmed. The game environment is pretty empty/dead. Would be nice if players could choose to have the tires warmed before getting on the track or not. I usually like having to warm them myself.

Edit: Edited original post.
    i agree we need option to start on warm tires, i use the hot laps menu option to tune car rather than practice because its quicker to go through menu to garage than to waste time warming the tires in practice mode