Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AI reacting to Blue Flags

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

AI reacting to Blue Flags

Obviously not a priority but I just wanted to see whether anybody else noticed the issue regarding blue flags being waved on a hot lap which is false and also regarding the inability of the AI to follow blue flag warning . It doesn't really bother me and this game is fantastic but I just wanted to hear other people's views ..
    Last edited by Elmo; 27-05-2015 at 19:25.
    The following user likes this Post: LeRenard242

Platform
    XBOX1
    You get it when you're being chased by someone for position too. It doesn't seem to know the blue flag rules... Like most racing drivers lol.
    The following user likes this Post: Toxic_eDrift

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Blue flag

Why does not the AI move out of way, and get a blue flag, when they are on a outlap and you are on a fast lap in quali?

Platform
    PS4
    Because the feature isn't fully developed yet?, IDK, but it appears to do nothing more than display a notification on screen, no penalty for either the player or AI to get out the way, and the AI pay no attention to it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    They also don't move aside when lapping them either in a race, which is even more critical. I had 2 back markers in 100% race that raced me on a narrow track in Clios, and would not yield the racing line around a very tight track I had to brake around the outside and then swing under and accelerate to get along side , only then did they act accordingly as I was inside for next corner.
    Alanra (Steam and Project Cars) Tatto Assetto Corsa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Cuba, LeRenard242

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I noticed this the other day when i was doing 30 laps at Watkins Glen. I was lapping and none of the back-markers got out of my way. I eventually got frustrated and dove down the inside only for them to actually hit me, spinning me out. Was not happy afterwards lol
    The following 2 users likes this Post: LeRenard242, twistedvaccine

Platform
    XBOX1
    In a lot of events (in the real world), specifically Endurance racing, a driver receiving a waved Blue Flag is told to stay on the racing line. This makes racing a lot more predictable for the faster cars. As there are no specific rules across the board, it would take some genius coding to get every Blue Flag incident programmed correctly. Just assume they will not make things easy and try to time your passes better.
    Last edited by Mr Akina; 14-05-2015 at 11:41.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I donīt know if it would be so hard to programmed it correctly, at least slightly correctly. In Codemasters F1 games I think the blue flags make sence and the cars (AI) stays out of the way. And if Codemasters can do it...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTags View Post
    I donīt know if it would be so hard to programmed it correctly, at least slightly correctly. In Codemasters F1 games I think the blue flags make sence and the cars (AI) stays out of the way. And if Codemasters can do it...
    Just got there ahead of me with this point.

Platform
    PC
    As covered above, F1 has different blue flag rules than many other forms of motorsport such as endurance. It should hardly be surprising that the official F1 licensee implemented the F1 blue flag rules.
    New desktop: Core i7-4770K @ 3.5-3.9GHz, Asus Maximus Hero VI, 32GB 1866MHz DDR CL9, 2 x GeForce GTX 670 4GB - driver 353.06, 3 x 24" 1920x1200, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Old desktop: Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.2GHz, Asus P5Q Pro, 8GB 1066MHz DDR2, GeForce GTX 280 1GB - driver 326.80, 1 x 24" 1920x1200, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
    Modified Thrustmaster T500 RS (smaller, lighter wheel) with TH8 RS shifter (alternatively SRW-S1 or XBox 360 controller) and EDTracker with Opentrack for head tracking