Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: difficulty at 100%

Superkart Pilot

difficulty at 100%

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but the ai just are not fast enough at 100% it is very easy to get pole with most cars at most tracks by in excess of a second, then provided you are not rammed off the track at the first corner win by a country mile!

I love the handling of the cars but I want to be fighting mid field not hot lapping on my own. Im not the fastest driver so I know others must be having this issue!

I love driving the formula cars and prototypes but its just no fun when you have ai who just are to sluggish.

Ive even tried handicapping myself with full fuel and harder tyres if available but it doesnt make much difference. Can we not have upto 120%?

Thanks
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Natedogg1867, o Mike V o, peevee88, ports, russb78, WadeOhh

Platform
    PC
    You're one of those aliens...
    Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10
    Logitech G27 | Thrustmaster Warthog | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Fiio E10K DAC
    The following 4 users likes this Post: FA RACING 01, Nominon, Oliver1989G, Thomas Heineman

Platform
    PC
    Totally agree with OP. Most car/track combos at 100% are just so easy (I primarily do solo race weekends). I did a race last night with the slower Caterham (whatever its called) at Watkins Glen Short. On pole by over a second and in the 10 lap race, I won the race by about 15 seconds (so pulled away by over a second a lap). I agree with the OP, the actual driving is some of the most enjoyable I've had in a game, but its no fun to race against the generally very good AI if you can smash them by multiple seconds in quali and races.

Also, I'm completely not interested in online. I don't have the time/patience. I just like to jump into races with the AI and blast around for half hour to an hour at a time.

I don't think there is any need to go over 100% (IE: to 120%) because that doesn't make much sense, but just make 100% much, much harder. I think 100% should be faster than alien time and then you can just scale it back from there. I'd rather have a little difficulty in reserve than be too fast for it topped out. I wouldn't consider myself an 'alien' (I do ok) but I really think its probably a bit too easy against the AI considering the type of people who plays this kind of game.
    My Project CARS 2 setup
    PC | Thrustmaster T300RS GT Edition
    The following user likes this Post: ports

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Project Bugs doesnt care, it has your money.

Hope you didnt pay for limited bs,

Platform
    XBOX1
    I just did a bunch of races for my career in the 125cc karts and I was thinking the same thing, on some tracks they even go too wide into the grass on every lap.

Platform
    PC
    Whoa you're all a bunch of aliens!

And here I am struggling with 80
    Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10
    Logitech G27 | Thrustmaster Warthog | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Fiio E10K DAC
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Guille, Smegsterman

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeOhh View Post
    Totally agree with OP. Most car/track combos at 100% are just so easy (I primarily do solo race weekends). I did a race last night with the slower Caterham (whatever its called) at Watkins Glen Short. On pole by over a second and in the 10 lap race, I won the race by about 15 seconds (so pulled away by over a second a lap). I agree with the OP, the actual driving is some of the most enjoyable I've had in a game, but its no fun to race against the generally very good AI if you can smash them by multiple seconds in quali and races.

Also, I'm completely not interested in online. I don't have the time/patience. I just like to jump into races with the AI and blast around for half hour to an hour at a time.

I don't think there is any need to go over 100% (IE: to 120%) because that doesn't make much sense, but just make 100% much, much harder. I think 100% should be faster than alien time and then you can just scale it back from there. I'd rather have a little difficulty in reserve than be too fast for it topped out. I wouldn't consider myself an 'alien' (I do ok) but I really think its probably a bit too easy against the AI considering the type of people who plays this kind of game.
    I wonder how you do AI faster than alien time? (ie make AI beat a time trial world record).... IMO thats not feasible

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm in the middle here. My difficulty setting is 70 which is too easy but if i go to 80 its not necessarily too hard, i can still top the time sheets, but if i get hit and spin out or overtook i fall way behind. What i would like is for them to add +1 difficulty. i think 75-78 is where i am at at the minute, but on the PS4 you can only go up in 10s

Platform
    PS4
    I am not an alien, I am using a controller with no assists, and I can run with the AI at 90, so I am not at all suprised that people are finding the AI at 100 easy.

Needs to be an option of having 110 or 120% AI
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Mascot, Thomas Heineman, velozzzvz

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Same here! I'm not a alien(I think not) but playing at 95% or even 100 I get a pole with 1.2 sec faster at formula rookie .
    I miss the AI making mistakes too.