Thread: Race Number and Helmet Selection

Platform
    XBOX1

Race Number and Helmet Selection

Even if the helmets are just standard ones that are currently in the game... We need some continuity/connection with our racer! Plus, the race numbers.. WTF! At least put them on the cars.

Thanks xxx
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cruzzoe, LADY GEMMA JANE

Platform
    PC
    I do not think we'll see this feature in the game.
    CPU: i7-4910MQ 4.0 Ghz - (RAM) 16GB (GPU) 2 x GTX 980M - 8.0GB - (HDD) 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD + 1TB WD - MONITOR TV 50" Sony KDL-50w656a - DATA DISPLAY Ipad 3 (Pcars Dash)- OS Win 8.1 pro 64bit - WHEEL Fanatec CSW 2(GT rim) - Fw065 - driver 205 + DSD CSW panel - SHIFTER Fanatec CS SQ - HANDBRAKE Arc Team Race Usb - PEDALS Fanatec CSP V2 via Wheel (pot.meter: 5) - SEAT Fanatec CSL + Playseat Alcantara
    GRAPHICS: -x64 -DX11mt -fpscap 61 -pthread 4 | 1920x1080 59hz | Text. Res. HIGH | AF 16x | VSync NO |A.A.DS6X | FXAA OFF | SMAA OFF| Refl. ULTRA | Env HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | World ULTRA | Shadows ULTRA | Frame Rend 1 | Mot.Blur OFF | Cock. mirror ON | Show driver/arms No | Post proc.filt. ON | Lens flare ON | Sun Flare Full | Bloom ON | Heat Haze Off | Det.Grass HIGH
    CAMERA: 1° Helmet Fov 85 / Cockpit Fov 76 | Speed Sens. YES | min.speed.sens 100% max.speed.sens.140% | 10-300 mph | Shake eff. ON | World mov. 60 | G-force 60 | Show Helmet No | Look to apex 1 | Camera Lean. 95 | Helmet Lean.50 | Blur No
    CONTROLLER: Mode REAL AIDS | FF 100 | TF 100 | Damper 100 | Autom.Clutch NO | Steering Sensitivity 50 | Speed Sens 0 | Pedal Deadzone 0 | Steering deadzone 0 | Pedal Sens. 40
    CSW 2 SETUP:SEN off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | DRI off | ABS 65 | LIN off | DEA off | SPR 40 | DPR 100 | FOR 100 | driver 900° | damp.100 |

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Akina View Post
    Even if the helmets are just standard ones that are currently in the game... We need some continuity/connection with our racer! Plus, the race numbers.. WTF! At least put them on the cars.

Thanks xxx
    I'm not sure if you'll see customization helmets but I really doubt you'll see the race numbers one. It will mean that another layer will be added to the car's skin and this will obviously take more memory to render it which as you can imagine is hard to come by on the consoles.

I hope this helps.

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackvault View Post
    I'm not sure if you'll see customization helmets but I really doubt you'll see the race numbers one. It will mean that another layer will be added to the car's skin and this will obviously take more memory to render it which as you can imagine is hard to come by on the consoles.

I hope this helps.

Pete
    Then they should remove the race number option, surely?! Thanks

Platform
    PC
    I'm not a 100% sure what that number is for, I haven't played much of the career yet. Maybe someone who has had more career experience can explain where the number is used.

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing

Platform
    PC
    I don't care as much about the numbers, but surely it should be possible to assign a specific helmet skin to your player model, at least for career mode (and overalls, which only change when you sign a new contract).
    PC | Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel + Clubsport Pedals | i7-2600 3.4 Ghz 8 Core | 16GB RAM | GeForce GTX980 | Win 7 64-Bit | Asus ROG PG278Q | TrackIR
    Played: Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 1-4, Psygnosis F1 Series, F1 Racing Simulation 1&2, Grand Prix Legends, GTR Evo, RACE 07&ON, NFS Shift 1&2, rFactor, every Codemasters racing game since TOCA (actually since Micro Machines 2, but...), Euro Truck Simulator 2, Next Car Game, RaceRoom Racing Experience, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackvault View Post
    I'm not a 100% sure what that number is for, I haven't played much of the career yet. Maybe someone who has had more career experience can explain where the number is used.

Pete
    I've raced around 10 seasons, so far it's not had any use in my career. Considering how important a race number and helmet style is to a racing driver; it doesn't 'sim' the career very well. Even Codemasters' F1 allows you to choose a helmet.
    The following user likes this Post: cruzzoe

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've raced around 10 seasons, so far it's not had any use in my career. Considering how important a race number and helmet style is to a racing driver; it doesn't 'sim' the career very well. Even Codemasters' F1 allows you to choose a helmet.
    itīs very bad to see your helmet change every race and the fact that i canīt use my lucky number...
    The following user likes this Post: Mr Akina

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Race number that is not used, race engineer gone AWOL despite all the mentions... that's how SMS roll, baby!