Thread: [RESOLVED] Different kind of Fanatec issue (connection issues)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

[RESOLVED] Different kind of Fanatec issue (connection issues)

I haven't seen any mention of my specific issue with my Fanatec CSR wheel and pedals.

First, I am connecting to the PS4 using a USB A to B cable. Looks like this. http://www.skyviewelectronics.com/co...b-b-cable-10ft

Hopefully that is the right cable to connect with. If I connect it and put the wheel into PC mode before I press the start button (x button) in game it will sometimes connect the wheel, sometimes not. That isn't even my issue unfortunately. The real issue is so strange and I've never seen anything like it before. See below:

After I select the start button from the start menu the screens in game will not advance unless I repeatedly tap the buttons on the wheel (x, triangle, square, circle buttons). It's like tapping those buttons acts as a sort of momentary "play" button and the screen will advance a few frames at a time with each tap then the screen will freeze again. Another tap, another few frames and so on. It does this indefinitely, even in the menu screens. So as you can imagine it's impossible to even advance through the setup menus much less actually play the game (haven't even gotten that far).

Does anyone have any idea what is happening and how to fix it? I've tried numerous USB cables as well as turning the DS4 controller off. I have no idea what is causing this much less how to fix it.

Help!?!?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You need to install the latest wheel firmware. Its a really odd effect, but I installed the newest firmware and my wheel now works very well.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by PSIONUK View Post
    You need to install the latest wheel firmware. Its a really odd effect, but I installed the newest firmware and my wheel now works very well.
    Excellent, I kind of figured that I didn't have the latest firmware since I haven't updated it since I bought the setup 2 years ago so last night I downloaded it. Haven't installed it yet but hopefully it works out.

Thanks!!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Just wanted to follow up that this worked like a charm. Wheel now works great!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Youloze View Post
    Just wanted to follow up that this worked like a charm. Wheel now works great!
    Hey guys I am having exactly the same issue but have been unable to install the latest firmware. Any tricks on how to do this. Can you install the firmware via the PS4 or do you need to plug it into a PC to do this.

Your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Ch3Ers

Platform
    PS4
    You've to connect it to PC.
    PS4: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 (Driver v293 FW 335) | CSW 918 RSR | Clubsport pedals CSP V3 | my wheel base & in-game settings new
    PSN: Gruzzlebeard1