Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headlights are way to weak

Platform
    PC

Headlights are way to weak

I have seen some complains that the AI dont use headlights but I think the headlights in general are to weak. The back lights and breaklight are fine though.

1. First of all, when racing at night the light should reach about 2x longer to feel more realistic. Now it feels like I'm driving with parking lights on.

2. When driving at night you don't see the cars in your mirror (this applies to both AI and humans). Here the light effect must increase by at least 5 times!
    Windows 8.1 - Intel i5-4460 3.2GHz - 8GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 - Logitech G27
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Dalhil, don237, Rift Racer

Platform
    PC
    I noticed it too. The headlights in the mirror are almost invisible , while using your "look back" button, the lights are bright as they should be.
    The following user likes this Post: NemethR

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LCJ View Post
    I have seen some complains that the AI dont use headlights but I think the headlights in general are to weak. The back lights and breaklight are fine though.

1. First of all, when racing at night the light should reach about 2x longer to feel more realistic. Now it feels like I'm driving with parking lights on.

Might depends on car type. But it's not true. Cut-off of low-beams of common road car is about 60m away from the car. I'm sure in pCars racing cars reaches far away.
    Your judgement is probably based on illusion given by small area presenting virtual world - monitor. Since this v-world is shrunken to fit display size, everything is smaller but goes with the same speed.
    improper FOV exaggerate this effect.
    If I may suggest, lower the FOV, do night races in dark room.
    2. When driving at night you don't see the cars in your mirror (this applies to both AI and humans). Here the light effect must increase by at least 5 times!
    Yes, it's true. Light flares/coronas are not rendered in mirrors.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    If I may suggest, lower the FOV, do night races in dark room.

Yes, it's true. Light flares/coronas are not rendered in mirrors.
    I do race in a dark room and I have low fov (110 on tripple screens)
    Windows 8.1 - Intel i5-4460 3.2GHz - 8GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 - Logitech G27

Platform
    PC
    I find the headlights for driving very realistic and quite adequate, I've done several night races at Le Mans and no issues, what is disturbing/odd is that cars chasing you have a light glow round them, but no headlights until they get really close, then all of a sudden you are bathed in light, so that is unrealistic.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Platform
    PC
    Well, I can accept the amount of light if the white lines fluorescent a tiny bit more. But still, the main issue is the absence of light seen in the mirrors comming from the cars behind.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Luke Townsend, madmax2069, Rift Racer

Platform
    PC
    A quick search would give you the answer and quicker than tackimg it on here?
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Platform
    PC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	204064

Hi, I just took a picture of how it actually looks when driving at night. It's from a free race at Le Mans with mixed GT classes. Anyone like to guess how many cars that's right up my tail?

Platform
    PC

Some of our real race drivers told us that the headlights were too strong. We tapered them back based on that advice.

Maybe we overdid it. I'll keep a watch on here for a consensus before we change things.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Kingleo, LCJ

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Some of our real race drivers told us that the headlights were too strong. We tapered them back based on that advice.
    Totally correct. I vote to have them reduced!

This is how it feels at Le Mans, you're lucky the headlights are good in pCARS lol

The following 3 users likes this Post: BuToNz, Ceolmor, mister dog