Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There Needs To Be An Option To Turn "Quick Reset" Of Your Car OFF.. For Online Racing

Kart Driver

There Needs To Be An Option To Turn "Quick Reset" Of Your Car OFF.. For Online Racing

its very annoying that someone can drive terribly and wreck into a gravel pit but only lose a second or two at most when they hit the "reset" button ASAP. this makes attempting to catch up to someone who is somewhat far in front of you a lot more difficult, and gives people who are terrible at the game way too much of an opportunity to come back.
    The following 12 users likes this Post: Aizcold, Barrybarfly, Essobie, flymar, Glimiril, GUTTER-BOY, JupiterJoe, Lawndarts, nhitrac, ONT, PC49NZ, robnroll88

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by riddlerap View Post
    its very annoying that someone can drive terribly and wreck into a gravel pit but only lose a second or two at most when they hit the "reset" button ASAP. this makes attempting to catch up to someone who is somewhat far in front of you a lot more difficult, and gives people who are terrible at the game way too much of an opportunity to come back.
    There is the ability to reset your car, however I don't believe the key is mapped out of the box. If you have a look at Edit Assignments in the Controls section of the Setting menu you should find it.

I hope this helps.

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackvault View Post
    There is the ability to reset your car, however I don't believe the key is mapped out of the box. If you have a look at Edit Assignments in the Controls section of the Setting menu you should find it.

I hope this helps.

Pete
    I don't think the OP is referring to, can you map reset button, more a case online it should be disabled. Which I whole heartily agree with, driving beyond the limits of tyres and car, or incorrectly taking a corner should result in the necessary penalty as in any real life race (apart from those that result in injuries or worse off course). And on my g27 the reset button was automatically set on first load, I have personally cleared it, never liked such a thing in a driving game.
    The following user likes this Post: robnroll88

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Glimiril View Post
    I don't think the OP is referring to, can you map reset button, more a case online it should be disabled. Which I whole heartily agree with, driving beyond the limits of tyres and car, or incorrectly taking a corner should result in the necessary penalty as in any real life race (apart from those that result in injuries or worse off course). And on my g27 the reset button was automatically set on first load, I have personally cleared it, never liked such a thing in a driving game.
    I've reread the post and you are right. Its 9am here and I think I need another coffee.

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Glimiril, Mad Al, pa_pinkelman

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by riddlerap View Post
    I agree. I was doing side to side batte through 2 laps of Hockenheim. How happy I was when he spun at T1 and hit the wall. Not for long, he was really quick with the reset:/
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png

Superkart Pilot
    As far as I know. You need to completely stop for reset feature to work. In most case they will loose more time reset than getting momentum and going back on track.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JeyD02 View Post
    As far as I know. You need to completely stop for reset feature to work. In most case they will loose more time reset than getting momentum and going back on track.
    I've seen it several times and can't agree. When he's in the gravel trap or facing a wall (not exactly in direction of racing) and on slower part of the track reset is always better.
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Doesn't the reset put them at a standing start though? Which will slow them down quite a bit.

I can understand why people see it as a sort of cheat in MP but it also helps keep things competitive and interesting, but still punishes mistakes. I do think it shouldn't be usable until they have completely stopped though.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JeyD02 View Post
    Does the reset also make you a ghost car for a while too, as well as it is clearly is using a loophole in the game, someone coming round the corner sees a car off in gravel for it then to appear right in front of them, is potentially another accident.
    Last edited by Glimiril; 14-05-2015 at 09:06.
    Alanra (Steam and Project Cars) Tatto Assetto Corsa

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Agree with OP 100%...shouldn't even be an option in multiplayer.