Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ps4 framerate and screen tearing

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Ok, so 2 different things...

I agree on Big TV Screens the AA (Ghosting, TXAA) however you will call it seems to be most noticeable on that Track.

Tearing in Replay also Yes - Tearing while Gaming on my Side no Problems...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    You Guys are talking about the Replays right?

If so, then yes there seems to be some Issues with the Smoothness....

In Game i only had 2 or 3 Tearing Moments... (In my now nearly 20 Hours of Gaming).
    Last night I kept a record of noticeable tearing - in game not in replay mode which is to be honest a complete mess.

First lap monza second to last corner, three or more cars around me - stuttering and tearing until the corner ended
    Brands hatch every lap single tearing around the second corner
    California highway - tears a lot at the start and calms down towards the end of the track

Tearing constantly when using view when in cockpit, so I move the right stick left or right to view mirrors - tearing across the screen

Dynamic weather causes tearing when weather changes and clouds roll in.

Bascially I saw a lot of tearing last night - hence why I say its the worse Ps4 game I've played since owning a Ps4 and it is notable and something is wrong.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I will say this....the replay part is where Driveclub totally NAILED IT!

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by gbm View Post
    I will say this....the replay part is where Driveclub totally NAILED IT!
    Driveclub had no replay mode on release and photomode came after games release.

Project cars AI and tracks are way better , but project cars is a much different game. However , yes Driveclub when it finally got replay mode and photomode nailed these for sure. Both replay mode and photomode in Project cars need serious work.

Platform
    PS4
    It amazes me how some people claim not to see the framerate/screen tearing issues especially in wet weather with just the games default 20 cars. iv-techman has it spot on with what he says. people saying it your tv is laughable to be honest. I accept they are trying to sort the xbone issue out quick but the framerate a screen tearing are probably as important to improve upon. Devs saying 60fps this 60fps that before release is totally misleading but not only that the game is full of tearing.

I am pretty sure that the performance wont be improved upon much if at all as the devs have been completely silent on this issue.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I Have screen tearing on the ps4 slim but only when i have the full HUD on and in some bad weather