Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renault Clio, nightmare

Platform
    PS4

Renault Clio, nightmare

No matter how I set that Clio up its like driving on ice, on colds is neigh on impossible to drive but even once You’ve done around 7 plus laps with nice heated tyre's it's still let's so unrealistic.

I've tried all different tyres and nothing makes any difference it just slides all over the place, I want one of the AI's Clios they handle much better, even on colds they out grip my when mine are warmed up.

I'm not going to start messing around with my settings again just because of the one car / championship.

Seriously you guys that have done this Clio championship on the xbox one with a controller how did you find it?
    PS4
    Apologies Grammar not so great, building skills first class

Platform
    PC
    The car is a bitch in real life, too

When the tyres are cold, you need to be gentle with it. Is your controller working properly, i.e. not over-sensitive?

You can try and change the car's set-up by making the rear softer (softer tyres, softer rear anti-roll bar, softer slow rebound etc.) and see if that helps.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: Megalomanic87

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Also worth to know that Nicolas Hamilton also was driving in Real Life this Car.

And he has helped a lot to tune it as realistic it can be
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    No matter how I set that Clio up its like driving on ice, on colds is neigh on impossible to drive but even once You’ve done around 7 plus laps with nice heated tyre's it's still let's so unrealistic.

I've tried all different tyres and nothing makes any difference it just slides all over the place, I want one of the AI's Clios they handle much better, even on colds they out grip my when mine are warmed up.

I'm not going to start messing around with my settings again just because of the one car / championship.

Seriously you guys that have done this Clio championship on the xbox one with a controller how did you find it?
    Are you sure you have got the first patch installed?
    Then choose driving mode three, turn down braking deadzone and tyrn down braking strength on the car tune and make the steering as slow as possible.
    If you have already done all this... Wait for next patch...

Actually dont think next patch is going to help either, this is more part of the countersteer problem. And since the steering now is to fast, and that should actually make countersteering EASIER but instead its basically impossible, so the 100% steering should make that part even harder! But less prone to happen hopefully, if we can drive more smoothly.
    But at least one person on this forum has a working steering and questions is, can he drive the clio?!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle Five View Post
    Are you sure you have got the first patch installed?
    Then choose driving mode three, turn down braking deadzone and tyrn down braking strength on the car tune and make the steering as slow as possible.
    If you have already done all this... Wait for next patch...

Actually dont think next patch is going to help either, this is more part of the countersteer problem. And since the steering now is to fast, and that should actually make countersteering EASIER but instead its basically impossible, so the 100% steering should make that part even harder! But less prone to happen hopefully, if we can drive more smoothly.
    But at least one person on this forum has a working steering and questions is, can he drive the clio?!
    I sure hope you are wrong, if the game was left in its current state, and the sensitivity doesn't get adjusted, il be returning. Fingers crossed they do sort it though!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Controller settings from steering dead zone down:

0, 0, 10, 0, 10, 35, 0, 45, 70, 60, locked, 80, yes, 3, on, on, on, off

Tune

Front tire pressure - 1.70
    Rear tire pressure - 1.25
    Brake balance - 53%
    Traction control slip - 1%
    Steering ratio - 19.5:1
    Front sway bar - 52
    Rear sway bar - 22
    Brake mapping - 5

This is what made the car driveable for ME on a controller. Before this I couldn't even get around the track in one piece.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Anyone else think Nic Hamilton made the Clios ridiculously hard on purpose, so he looks like a hero for racing one?

The following 2 users likes this Post: feeling, mister dog

Platform
    XBOX1

I found it extremely fun.

The key to smooth corners is proper entry & entry speed. Keeping a little accelerator action through the corner also helps keep the rear in check. The great thing is though, if you come to a corner to quick you can power-off oversteer, then apply the accelerator and still get round the corner fairly well.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Best tip for all of these hard cars is left foot braking by the way!
    Braking while still on the gas!
    It stops the weight transfer when letting go of the gas and makes the car more gentle.
    But it takes a little practice getting it right and still keeping the speed up.
    So.. Go practice!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Darth Bambi 83, Herr Heinrich

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've been using the clips from day one, they are all I have been using and mine is drivable(although not perfect) after one lap I can feel that the tyres have warmed up and the grip is a lot better. The issue I find is that they don't turn in enough so you have to slow down a lot more than the AI. I'm sure this is part of the steering bug and will hopefully be fixed with the patch