Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Please read - Stuttering/stall on XB1

Technical Director Ged Keaveney's Avatar

Please read - Stuttering/stall on XB1

New request by Ged:

Quote Originally Posted by Ged Keaveney View Post
    Good to hear, we're making progress. Could you and any other affected users please check your settings and report back with your info please (whilst connected to XBL and experiencing the stutter)

1. What power mode option do you use (Settings->Power & startup->Power mode)
    2. What NAT type do you have (Settings->Network->NAT type)
    3. Is your connection wired or wireless (Settings->Network->Current Network Status)

Original post:

Hi all, regarding the stuttering/stall issues, as posted elsewhere we're working hard to find and fix the problems. We want everyone's experience of playing the game to be perfect so it's a great source of frustration to our dev team too that this issue is affecting people. Despite lots of testing by our internal team, two external QA companies and Microsoft themselves, this issue was never seen and we're still trying to reproduce it. Getting feedback from the community to help us nail this one is a big help and greatly appreciated.

For anyone else having this issue, could you check the following info on your XB1 and send the info through to us please. Go to Settings->System->Manage Storage and send the info it displays, either a screenshot or just text info is fine. We need info for all attached storage devices please. When you post info please also mention the symptoms you're seeing such as when it happens (solo, online, track, vehicle etc) or link to any previous post you've done with that info please.

Here's mine for reference

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1780.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	202283

Thanks
    Last edited by Elmo; 23-06-2015 at 17:42.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Benjamin Benichou, ironik, LADY GEMMA JANE, Max Kelly

Platform
    PC
    Moved to a separate thread and stickied for better visibility
    The following 5 users likes this Post: eracerhead, Ged Keaveney, ironik, LADY GEMMA JANE

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Mine is the same as yours Ged but only 16% used. No other devices attached.

Happens for me on Career mode (its the only mode i play) and tends to happen after an extended play session on the game (2-3 hours). Console is fully turned off each night so its a fresh reboot when this is happening. Rebooting the console does help abit but not 100%

Seems to be random. Same race it can happen on lap 1, lap 2 is fine then lap 3 it will stutter again
    The following user likes this Post: Ged Keaveney

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The only device i have attached to my XBox One is the Wireless Controller. And as i said it plays absolutely no role if i connect it via Wireless or Cable.

The problem happens definitely in Single Player and Career Mode. Other modes i didn't try til yet.

Platform
    PC

Name:	WP_20150514_11_45_02_Pro.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	202360

It is a 7400 RPM drive, just a typo on my xbox. EDIT: Sorry for the blurriness, just snapped a quick pic and didn't look at it.
    Game is on the External with 2%. All other games and app are on the internal.

Here are some clips, that both happened online. Nobody left or entered a party chat. Left or entered the race lobby. No notifications popped up. Nothing downloading in the background, Just completely random.

Clip 1: This was a random online race. Myself and 2 random people. Freezes for no apparent reason.
    http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/6bb59f83-...8-6988115146e0

Clip 2: A online race with 2 other friends who have very stable hardwired connections and 7 AI opponents. 2 freezes in 7 seconds. Both accounted for about 3 seconds.
    http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/a786b631-...7-714132fd17df

3rd time I had this happen to me was exiting the pits at Silverstone National in the Ginetta junior career.

For all I was in party chat with friends, Controller plugged in with chat headset connected.

EDIT: Two more times the screen freeze happened. Has happened about once a day.

Online race, game chat, 9 people, all with open NATs and hardwired connections:
    http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/578c7577-...2-57cf17931948

Online Practice, 4 people, same connections:
    http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/b944af45-...d-6f69dddfeadf
    Last edited by HEF51; 16-05-2015 at 06:16.
    PC - The Ultimate Racing Wheel Stand Thingy - Tuborg Beer 'It's got Class" lit sign - Generic Home Depot retracted light system - Ikea POANG - Various Wall Posters from Michaels - Holmes "2 Cool" Twin Rotor Fan
    i5 4460 - EVGA GTX 960 SSC ATX 2.0 - 1GB HHD Toshiba 7200RPM - 32" Sony Bravia 1080p - Thrustmaster TX w/ F1 Rim
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ctd, LADY GEMMA JANE, Raven403

Platform
    PC
    Just for confirmation HEF51, you are running pCars from your external HDD?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Just for confirmation HEF51, you are running pCars from your external HDD?
    Yes I just edited it before you posted, sorry about that.
    PC - The Ultimate Racing Wheel Stand Thingy - Tuborg Beer 'It's got Class" lit sign - Generic Home Depot retracted light system - Ikea POANG - Various Wall Posters from Michaels - Holmes "2 Cool" Twin Rotor Fan
    i5 4460 - EVGA GTX 960 SSC ATX 2.0 - 1GB HHD Toshiba 7200RPM - 32" Sony Bravia 1080p - Thrustmaster TX w/ F1 Rim
    The following user likes this Post: Elmo

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Weirdly my mate has the same setup as me (installed to internal nothing else attached) and has had zero framerate and stutter. Seems odd if its some poorly optimised code why some get it some dont#

He also has instant on on so hardly ever reboots the machine

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblebob View Post
    Weirdly my mate has the same setup as me (installed to internal nothing else attached) and has had zero framerate and stutter. Seems odd if its some poorly optimised code why some get it some dont#

He also has instant on on so hardly ever reboots the machine
    What are your and your mate's HDD status as requested in the OP?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by HEF51 View Post

Name:	WP_20150514_11_45_02_Pro.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	202360

It is a 7400 RPM drive, just a typo on my xbox. EDIT: Sorry for the blurriness, just snapped a quick pic and didn't look at it.
    Game is on the External with 2%. All other games and app are on the internal.

Here are some clips, that both happened online. Nobody left or entered a party chat. Left or entered the race lobby. No notifications popped up. Nothing downloading in the background, Just completely random.

Clip 1: This was a random online race. Myself and 2 random people. Freezes for no apparent reason.
    http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/6bb59f83-...8-6988115146e0

Clip 2: A online race with 2 other friends who have very stable hardwired connections and 7 AI opponents. 2 freezes in 7 seconds. Both accounted for about 3 seconds.
    http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/a786b631-...7-714132fd17df

3rd time I had this happen to me was exiting the pits at Silverstone National in the Ginetta junior career.

For all I was in party chat with friends, Controller plugged in with chat headset connected.
    I have the same setup as HEF51 and I get stutters and FPS drops but not ALL the time. Ill post this clip to show what happens for me....

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/b167ea...f-7e41a53de2ff

and im not sure you can see the FPS issue here but its there not to mention the AI bug..

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/d16b41...4-8c1d5f429fbb

just to reiterate I have a 1TB External HDD that i run the game from, I have only 25% of total space occupied on my collective storage.