Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Braking Markers for La Sarthe

Platform
    PC
    On a positive note; the second chicane does have a 100m mark. Make sure you start braking before you spot it haha.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Actually the second chicane has a 200 meter & a 100 meter sign, the 200 is a bit hard to spot thanks to the armco but it is there. Given the faster entry into that chicane I've found you need to brake at around 150-ish meters in a prototype, but at the first chicane I would brake at 200 meters, if not a little earlier...if I had a sign to help me that is!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: mister dog, robdok

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jgaganas View Post
    I'm aware of work-arounds.

Point is, proper brake-markers are missing/needed (as in real life), especially at night where its a lot harder to spot alternative side-objects.

This is Le Mans and pCARS should be shining here (no missing track-objects or frame-drops).
    My comment wasn't a workaround, I was trying to be helpful.

If you look at this on board LMP2 lap video of Le Mans you'll see that the locations I suggested you brake are pretty close to where the real driver does brake. And that the braking markers on the real track are very difficult to see. In fact the braking boards are there in the game, it's the small blue signs with white arrows on them, they're just hard to see and currently have no numbers on them.

Last edited by PeteUplink; 15-05-2015 at 09:46.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: robdok, stux

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteUplink View Post
    My comment wasn't a workaround, I was trying to be helpful.

If you look at this on board LMP2 lap video of Le Mans you'll see that the locations I suggested you brake are pretty close to where the real driver does brake. And that the braking markers on the real track are very difficult to see. In fact the braking boards are there in the game, it's the small blue signs with white arrows on them, they're just hard to see and currently have no numbers on them.
    No harm done.

Pic @ Night: Six blue signs on left and right (lighted) for good visibility at night/rain/fog.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1_small.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	202664

See video title
    The following 2 users likes this Post: m00ndancer, mister dog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have to admit the signs in game could be better lit for night time. There is a yellow and white sign that has "hotel" written on it that is pretty close to where the 100m board should be for the first chicane, and is visible with in the headlights. Chicane 2, the house is visible at night so brake just after it. Until they decide to add it proper signs I can only suggest that you try to work out your own reference points for now. I can't really suggest anything else, unfortunately.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    There is a lack of brake markers on most of the tracks that have been poorly maintained! Certainly not FIA approved thats for sure lol
    To be honest I'm having trouble seeing some kerb edges with the dull poor quality graphics I'm experiencing, even on a referenced 50 inch display with the brightness higher than I normally would like!!

Platform
    PC
    Like Jgaganas mentioned, watching Le Mans at the moment the fluorescent blue braking markers would be a nice touch (apart from adding the meter indication on them):

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I use everything i can get my hands on as brake markers, from trees, poles, fences, tire markers on the tarmac, kerbs. Actually i never use brake markers unless a corner is invisible (higher altitude).
    I7-4790K //ASUS MAXIMUS HERO VII // 2 x 8GB DDR 3 CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 2400 // ASUS STRIX GTX 980ti // TM T500 // TM TH8A SHIFTER // DSD SEQUENTIAL SHIFTER

Platform
    PS4
    Watching the coverage breaks between adverts on Eurosport, the braking markers really standout on both sides of the track on the run into the chicanes, really easy to see and would be a welcome addition to the track!

One of the brake markers I had been using turned out to be shadows on the safety fence, let's just say it didn't work out well when I changed the time of day
    The following user likes this Post: mister dog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Its been hell trying to consistently enter the chicanes I really rely on those markers to get me whoaaed down. Seems like something that should not have been missed as it's such a vital detail of the track and all other tracks for that matter.