Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: bManic's latest FFB experiments (updated 30.10.2016)

Platform
    PC

bManic's latest FFB experiments (updated 30.10.2016)

Here are my current pCars Thrustmaster T300 control panel settings and FFB calibration settings in pCars preferences. To duplicate these you must remove any tweaker files you have installed or my settings will not work. All my stuff is done from within the game.

Attachment 236217

FFB Calibration inside pCars Preferences

Attachment 236218

FFB settings for RUF RGT-8 GT3 edited in the garage

Attachment 236219

FFB settings for BMW Z4 GT3 edited in the garage

Attachment 236220

-------------- My old TX 458 settings below (the wheel broke and I got a T300 instead now): Leaving these settings here for reference --------------------------

Thrustmaster TX 458 settings (updated 14.11.2015)

Control panel settings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TX 458 Control Panel settings for pCars.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	222068

Make sure you've calibrated both wheel and pedals properly. Also make sure you have FFB strength in the game set to 100 and damper saturation to zero.
    Then go to the in-game FFB calibration settings and set the following:

EDIT: NOTE, thanks to P1ckN1cker2406 for noticing that my Per Wheel Movement and Per Wheel Movement Squared are actually the wrong way around. Set PWM to the negative value and PWMS to positive for proper drag reduction. The settings in the image below actually increase drag (some may prefer it that way but this was NOT my intention. Was just a honest mistake on my part).

Name:	pCars FFB calibration for Thrustmaster TX 458 wheel.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	222069

IMPORTANT NOTE!: IF YOU ARE USING JACK SPADES TWEAKER FILES, YOU MUST SET TIRE FORCE AT AROUND 15 to 20
    . My wheel settings were NOT developed with the Jack Spade tweakers in mind. I do not use his files nor do I recommend them due to the heavy use of SoP which drastically minimizes important details in the FFB. I can not stress how important this is.. I HIGHLY recommend removing any SoP forces and to stick with the basic Fx, Fy, Fz, Mz and Arm Angle. Also make sure you remove any filtering/smoothing of these. You'll learn to drive the cars faster if you do. Thank me later.

If you are not using any tweaker files you MUST tweak each individual car separately for my wheel settings to work. I'll stress this one more time:

You MUST tweak each individual car separately for my wheel settings to work
    . You can not leave them at default values or you'll have a horribly strong and useless FFB. The absolute minimum tweak you have to do is to reduce Master Scale of each car to between 6 - 12 and to lower the Fy forces by 30 to 40%. Here are two examples of cars where I've tweaked their FFB settings to work with my global wheel settings.

McLaren MP4-12C GT3

Name:	McLaren GT3 FFB settings.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	222070

BMW 1-Series M

Name:	BMW 1 Series M FFB settings.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	222071
    Last edited by bmanic; 30-10-2016 at 04:30. Reason: New settings as of October 2016

Platform
    PC
    Logitech DFGT settings:

Control panel settings:

Name:	Logitech DFGT control panel settings for pCars.PNG 
Views:	2979 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	222075

Make sure you've calibrated both wheel and pedals properly. Also make sure you have FFB strength in the game set to 100 and damper saturation to zero.
    Then go to the in-game FFB calibration settings and set the following:

Name:	pCars FFB calibration for Logitech DFGT wheel.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	222076

IMPORTANT NOTE!: IF YOU ARE USING JACK SPADES TWEAKER FILES, YOU MUST SET TIRE FORCE AT AROUND 15 to 20
    . My wheel settings were NOT developed with the Jack Spade tweakers in mind. I do not use his files nor do I recommend them due to the heavy use of SoP which drastically minimizes important details in the FFB. I can not stress how important this is.. I HIGHLY recommend removing any SoP forces and to stick with the basic Fx, Fy, Fz, Mz and Arm Angle. Also make sure you remove any filtering/smoothing of these. You'll learn to drive the cars faster if you do. Thank me later.

If you are not using any tweaker files you MUST tweak each individual car separately for my wheel settings to work. I'll stress this one more time:

You MUST tweak each individual car separately for my wheel settings to work.
    You can not leave them at default values or you'll have a horribly strong and useless FFB. The absolute minimum tweak you have to do is to reduce Master Scale of each car to between 6 - 12 and to lower the Fy forces by 30 to 40%.
    Here are two examples of cars where I've tweaked their FFB settings to work with my DFGT wheel settings.

BMW Z4 GT3:

Name:	BMW Z4 FFB settings for DFGT.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	222077

RUF RGT-8 GT3:

Name:	RUF RGT8 GT3 FFB settings for DFGT.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	222078

Extra considerations: My DFGT is really old. I bought it about a week after it was released so it has some issues. First of all, the motor seems to "fade" very quickly, losing a lot of power. This means I may have over compensated for this and pushed the settings too hard. On newer DFGT's my wheel settings may thus be a bit too hot. Second, my wheel is a bit weird because it has quite a bit more friction in one direction compared to the other (when FFB is zero). This means that I couldn't get reliable Per Wheel Movement settings created. Doesn't really matter though.. those are settings that you have to dial in yourself anyhow as each wheel is going to vary a bit. I also highly recommend running the wheelcheck.exe utility to find out the linearity of your wheel. According to some old posts it seems my wheel is most linear at around 98% gain and needs Scoop to be set around 70 and just a little bit of scoop reduction.

Overall I'm moderately satisfied with these settings. The wheel gives enough information to be useful but it's definitely not even remotely in the same league as my Thrustmaster TX 458. I've gotten so used to the belt driven wheel and especially it's ability to crank out a lot more power without fading over time. Having said that, I was able to consistently lap a few tracks and put in a top 10 time trial time on Oschersleben GP in the BMW Z4 GT3. Not too bad for about an hour of FFB testing with a wheel I ain't used to.

Oh.. and those stock DFGT pedals. Holy hell are they bad!! I had no memory of them being this useless..
    Last edited by bmanic; 14-11-2015 at 19:52.
    The following user likes this Post: iPlay

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I will try to give this a go on Saturday, very interesting global settings

Edit: I tried the settings and they seem pretty good! However I found the FA to be difficult, or it needed more tweaking and I got cranky.
    Last edited by Qxs; 16-05-2015 at 22:04. Reason: approve!
    i5-4670k@ ~4.0Ghz w/212 Evo in Z87-Pro, Win7 64 (H.P.) on Sandisk 240G ssd, 8gb Kingston DDR3 (2400@1600)ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC, Nvidia 390.65, Antec HCG-620M, HAF XB EVO, T300rs Wheel v25/5.TTRS, CSPv2, Asus MG248Q @120hz (currently 5760x1080) , Sony MDR-100A Headphones , Steam located on Kingston V300 240gb(520 firmware), backlit Logitech K800 keyboard of awesomeness!
    Tried Oculus Rift in v1.3: Pixel density is way to low for simracing, fair warning.

Your tips are somewhat in line with the values that Inside Sim Racing's "Project CARS Force Feedback Tips PC - PS4 - Xbox One" YouTube video mentions.

I'm definitely going to give these values a go on my PC & Logitech Momo rig. It's very hard to try to guess what's happening (on braking) without proper FFB feel.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    How do these settings compare to Jack Spade's tweak file? really don't want to try both but if it has to done! lol Im running T300 too

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kontza View Post
    Your tips are somewhat in line with the values that Inside Sim Racing's "Project CARS Force Feedback Tips PC - PS4 - Xbox One" YouTube video mentions.

I'm definitely going to give these values a go on my PC & Logitech Momo rig. It's very hard to try to guess what's happening (on braking) without proper FFB feel.
    The reason for which I think some information there were also taken from bmanic when he posted in RD days ago.

Yes @bmanic, have you had the chance to compare these with Jack Spades FFB?
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Great setting. tested 5 laps race on Le-Mans in the Aston Martin GT3. Race was sunny to full rain and dry again. Really give you a smile on you face attacking the Porsche Curves. I think weight and physics are really great, but I still need stronger feedback from the curbs and more feedback from the tires under braking and when the tire lose grip. But this is much better than the default setting.
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming5 Cpu: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0ghz RAM: 16GB
    GPU's: Nivdia GTX 1080 PSU: 750w SSD: Crucial mx100 256gb Display: Oculus Rift VR
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS wheel & pedals OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit Cockpit: Homemade

Thanks for posting this bmanic. I enjoyed the settings you had in your sig over at WMD.
    MSI Z97 Mpower/i7 4790k/16Gb G.Skill 2400/Vertex 460 SSD/Zotac 980 Amp!/Thrustmaster T500 RS/Acer 4K2K
    3840x2160@60fps Ultra No AA No Bloom High Reflections High Shadows

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    just tried these settings they are good but I have a race in wet bumped the master scale to try and feel the car, is that affected me to feel the sliding coz I can feel sit. Special find it impossible to correct slides by feel only by visibly seeing the car can't feel the wheel spin in wet for traction purposes

Platform
    PC
    This, in combination with Jack Spades tweaker files has absolutely transformed the FFB on my TX, gone from a bit shit to incredible. On the main straight in Le Mans with the Oreca you can feel every bimp in the track, and all those little twitches you see on the screen wheel you can feel, going down the last straight I almost got into a full tank slapper not gripping the wheel tight enough. Can't believe it can be improved on from these two sets of settings! Even turned down the thustmaster controller to 80%
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bmanic, Cuba, fr13del, GT500