Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help a noobie out- T300 vs. T500

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Help a noobie out- T300 vs. T500

Greetings,

I've been playing games like Forza and EA's F1 racing for years, but with Project Cars out I feel the need to get a nice wheel. I'm down to the t300 vs the t500. price aside, which is the better buy. I know the 500 has much better pedals. One thing i've read is that no one is sure if the t500 will be compatible with other PS4 games going forward (not sure if this is true or not).

Thanks in advance for the advise, look forward to racing you guys (and gals)

Platform
    PC
    Someone asked the same question on another forum I frequent so I'll just link it here.

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/17...-t300-for-ps4/

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Hey codyPKA, you can find a lot of talks about this question and at the end, it's personal preference.
    I got myself the T300 and it's great. The pedals are not the best quality and not quite what you'd expect but in case of performance, they work fine for me.

Anyway I will probably buy the T3PA pedals, because I want to hand-shift some cars. If this might become a thing for you, consider that you would already have appropriate pedals, if you go for the T500.
    PSN: entekmedia | Feel free to invite me
    The following user likes this Post: Slicker_VR

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I have the T300 and couldn't imagine why I would need anything else...it's great. The pedals are the only "issue", but once you figure out a way to secure them from sliding (I just push mine up against a table leg) they are just fine. I prefer paddle shifters anyways so a clutch pedal isn't a priority for me. Hope this helps.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    What other wheels work for the ps4? I just purchased the t300rs on ebay but it doesn't power up. I need it returned . All the other t300rs online are ways over priced . Retail states 399. There being sold for well over 500 on ebay

Platform
    PS4
    The only wheels that are compatible as far as I know are Thrustmaster and Fanatec. (Fanatec is game depended, Driveclub doesn't support it (yet?) )
    But the only wheel which is fully compatible is the thrusmaster t300. With the T300 you can also navigate in the ps4 menu and with the T500 you can't.
    But the T500 has way better pedals but if you go for the T300 you can buy the pedals as a standalone named T3PA PRO but they are hard to get at the moment.
    Why do i say the T500 has better pedals, well I bought my T300 begin february ans I allready have 2 pedal sets broken because the torsion spring from the gaspedal broke but I use it a lot. But even if you play far less then me i bet it will be broken within a year. The springs itself can't be replaced because you can't buy exactly the same ones and Thrustmaster doesn't send new springs but a whole new pedalset, which is great but i wonder how many times they'll replace it if you they get broken.
    I recommend you go for the T300 and buy the T3PA PRO later on. That's what i did...
    PS4 PRO - PSVR - Samsung UE55ES8000 - Fanatec CSW V2 - CSP V3 - BMW M3 GT2 - Formula 1 - Porsche 918 RSR - Rseat RS1
    PC: NZXT S340 Elite - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - i7 7700k 4,5 GHz - MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC 11GB - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 - Thermaltake Tt Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240 - Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm - Corsair RMx 650 Watt - Oculus Rift CV1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by CPS-3 View Post
    The only wheels that are compatible as far as I know are Thrustmaster and Fanatec. (Fanatec is game depended, Driveclub doesn't support it (yet?) )
    But the only wheel which is fully compatible is the thrusmaster t300. With the T300 you can also navigate in the ps4 menu and with the T500 you can't.
    But the T500 has way better pedals but if you go for the T300 you can buy the pedals as a standalone named T3PA PRO but they are hard to get at the moment.
    Why do i say the T500 has better pedals, well I bought my T300 begin february ans I allready have 2 pedal sets broken because the torsion spring from the gaspedal broke but I use it a lot. But even if you play far less then me i bet it will be broken within a year. The springs itself can't be replaced because you can't buy exactly the same ones and Thrustmaster doesn't send new springs but a whole new pedalset, which is great but i wonder how many times they'll replace it if you they get broken.
    I recommend you go for the T300 and buy the T3PA PRO later on. That's what i did...
    So the t500 will work? Atleast the t500 I can get retail. Driveclub don't care for. Just sold it on ebay. T300 is insanely over priced everywhere .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by codyPKA View Post
    Greetings,

I've been playing games like Forza and EA's F1 racing for years, but with Project Cars out I feel the need to get a nice wheel. I'm down to the t300 vs the t500. price aside, which is the better buy. I know the 500 has much better pedals. One thing i've read is that no one is sure if the t500 will be compatible with other PS4 games going forward (not sure if this is true or not).

i can tell you for sure the t500 works on drive club - i believe most racing games will support it - it doesn't work on ps menus, though

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dwalldorf View Post
    Hey codyPKA, you can find a lot of talks about this question and at the end, it's personal preference.
    I got myself the T300 and it's great. The pedals are not the best quality and not quite what you'd expect but in case of performance, they work fine for me.

Anyway I will probably buy the T3PA pedals, because I want to hand-shift some cars. If this might become a thing for you, consider that you would already have appropriate pedals, if you go for the T500.
    i chose the t500 in part because the overall cost of t500 is lots less than the t300 + t3pa pro pedals (and you can't get the pedals anyway, second-hand t500 pedals going for £200 on e-bay) and in part because i believe it to be a better wheel, and having had project cars for a week i reckon i made the right choice

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by codyPKA View Post
    Greetings,

If you see yourself as a newb, maybe start out with the T80? Why spend $300+ on a wheel made for the entusiasth?