Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impossible AI Qualifying Times

Platform
    XBOX1

Impossible AI Qualifying Times

Hi all,

Usually when I set a fast time in qualifying, I tend to skip to the end of the session so that I can jump right into the race without waiting. It's been two times now where the pole AI time is usually something impossible to obtain realistically. I did this on an invitational event at Laguna Seca in the RUF CTR3 spec series, where the AI's time was 15+ seconds quicker than my time, which put me second on the grid (It was in the 1:15 range I believe, which is something that only LMPs should be able to do). I didn't see any posts like this on the forum when browsing through the search bar, so hopefully I'm not reporting a common issue. Has anyone else noticed this? Cheers.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, it's a know Issue that Skip to the End, can lead to very fast AI Times..

The Dev's are looking into it...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd896 View Post
    Hi all,

Usually when I set a fast time in qualifying, I tend to skip to the end of the session so that I can jump right into the race without waiting. It's been two times now where the pole AI time is usually something impossible to obtain realistically. I did this on an invitational event at Laguna Seca in the RUF CTR3 spec series, where the AI's time was 15+ seconds quicker than my time, which put me second on the grid (It was in the 1:15 range I believe, which is something that only LMPs should be able to do). I didn't see any posts like this on the forum when browsing through the search bar, so hopefully I'm not reporting a common issue. Has anyone else noticed this? Cheers.
    I have also experienced something similar. At the time I just thought it was a little weird, I was in first place with 2 minutes left to the end of the session at Monza so I skiped to race. My surprise? Ended up last in the grid 6 second away from the pole lap... lol
    Lets hope this gets fixed very soon, along with the other 250+ bugs...

Platform
    XBOX1
    possible temporary solution to this... instead of skip to end, just accelerate the time in the session or fast forward (whatever its called) and it will be over in a very short wait.
    pretty sure the times stay realistic this way..

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Wow another bug that should have been picked up in testing. This is basic testing which has obviously not been done correctly.

Unreal as the game has so much potential.
    The following user likes this Post: Merkury

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Similar, but opposite effect for me. I run a fast practice lap and then shut down, proceed to end of session, only to find the AI times to be 6-8 minutes slower than my time.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I notice on PS4 that if I set the AI down to something like 40%, then consistently qualify some 10 seconds quicker, after skipping to the end they'll be within two seconds of my laptime.

Two seconds! I quake in my boots man!

But seriously, I'm not sure how related that is to the impossible laptime bug, but it would be quite annoying for someone who hasn't got the experience to battle decently hard AI and needs to qualify well to win a race.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The AI for me seem slower in qualifying than they do in practise or the race???

usually by a second or so. I have to make the AI faster in qualy for them to be competitive before putting it back down for the race

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It also happend with me when accelerating the time.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam.Freeman View Post
    The AI for me seem slower in qualifying than they do in practise or the race???

usually by a second or so. I have to make the AI faster in qualy for them to be competitive before putting it back down for the race
    Same on PS4