Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where the real racers at online? Road class racers?

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Where the real racers at online? Road class racers?

Most of the lobbies I'm seeing are for some of the fastest cars in the game, yet when you enter, there's one person in the room , who likely started it, that's dedicated and good enough to post a legit fast time, the rest of the racers just bounce in and out rarely ever putting up a timed lap period due to not being able to stay on track.
    Now there are only 15-20 lobbies going at any one time on my lobby list. 2-3 of them might be road cars. The other 12-15 are race cars and the lobbies have literally no competition happening. Usually one committed racer who made the room, going 5 seconds faster picking up the easy wins. There might be 1-3 guys battling for 2-4 at best, but more than half the time, that battle is going to be ruined by someone dirty, unskilled, or both. The rest of the room quits.
    Why the hell is everybody driving cars on tracks they have no business on? If you can't post a time, don't drive it.
    Here's to hoping that some of you figure out the only way to get faster is to progressively master the slower cars.
    Anyway, I'll be scouring the road classes for some legit clean racing in my Ariel Atom 500. See you out there maybe.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    I completely understand you. If I host a race its always aids off, inside view, qualifications, number of laps to make the race last for at least 15-20 minutes. Basically I want it to be real racing.
    And if Im very lucky I get some people to join. But then for example If (when Im lucky) 10 people start the race, by the end there's maybe 2 or 3 making it to the finish line. Rest have disconnected. God damn it its 10-20 laps you may be last now but anything can happen. Nobody seems to enjoy the chase and excitement of trying to pass some cars.

But it's all when Im lucky. Usually nobody joins.

I'm saying that Online racing in pCARS is BROKEN at the moment and need to be worked on probably from scratch.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dvc View Post
    I completely understand you. If I host a race its always aids off, inside view, qualifications, number of laps to make the race last for at least 15-20 minutes. Basically I want it to be real racing.
    And if Im very lucky I get some people to join. But then for example If (when Im lucky) 10 people start the race, by the end there's maybe 2 or 3 making it to the finish line. Rest have disconnected. God damn it its 10-20 laps you may be last now but anything can happen. Nobody seems to enjoy the chase and excitement of trying to pass some cars.

But it's all when Im lucky. Usually nobody joins.

I'm saying that Online racing in pCARS is BROKEN at the moment and need to be worked on probably from scratch.
    Sadly, this is the model for online console racing. Online component is an after thought in all games, honestly believe it's network related. It won't get any better until we all have fiber optics or new networks underground. The capacity of our internet networks has easily been reached. I think these bones they throw us are the best they can do or at least are willing to without a monthly fee.
    GTurismo was same way. Players had to find their own groups of friends through forum or message boards if they didn't want to be angry the whole time you troll the lobby scene. This online offering is even shallower than that one without host control or customization of rooms. While I do like the fact that randoms can't just set up the room for themselves, it does make it harder to find a handful of racers in the same talent level competing fairly vs each other.

But to the point of the thread, why the hell are people driving fast cars they have no business driving, why are all the lobbies full of amateurish racing? Because people are during way over their skill level!
    Hope we see some realization of this sooner than later and the road class races start dominating the lobby's and people actually improve because they can actually follow the lines they see in front. Unti then I'll be honing my skills in the atom, waiting.
    Last edited by IrideGravity; 14-05-2015 at 23:23.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    If you want likeminded players that enjoy what you enjoy you have to join a community or racing league. Randoms do what they want.
    The following user likes this Post: McKiernan

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    If you want likeminded players that enjoy what you enjoy you have to join a community or racing league. Randoms do what they want.
    They barely have enough racers to fill the lobbies now, let alone leagues of legit racers. I'll join when I see one that's accepting or recruiting, & implements good rules, but sadly, this is the internet, and it's the clickiest saddest place on the planet. The only thread I saw so far was some Dutch lads who quickly gathered a crew of other euros and Dutch then closed thread and said they had filled up. And it's the only group thread I saw even looking for players.
    But if you want me to point me in the right direction. I'd be more than happy to join one that's actively seeking new racers?
    Let me know

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I have no idea myself, though I had some pretty cool races online me chasing others and me getting chased for several minutes until someone did a mistake. Or after a failed overtake attempt and contact letting the other guy pass and race on. But of course I had my fair share of first turn total carnage and ramming.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by IrideGravity View Post
    Unti then I'll be honing my skills in the atom, waiting.

And I will fear of death in my Caterham Superlight

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    They barely have enough racers to fill the lobbies now, let alone leagues of legit racers. I'll join when I see one that's accepting or recruiting, & implements good rules, but sadly, this is the internet, and it's the clickiest saddest place on the planet. The only thread I saw so far was some Dutch lads who quickly gathered a crew of other euros and Dutch then closed thread and said they had filled up. And it's the only group thread I saw even looking for players.
    But if you want me to point me in the right direction. I'd be more than happy to join one that's actively seeking new racers?
    Let me know
    If there's a group of racers in the UK/EU where you can race properly with respect, but you dont have commit yourself to official races/ leagues etc id happily join too.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dvc View Post
    If there's a group of racers in the UK/EU where you can race properly with respect, but you dont have commit yourself to official races/ leagues etc id happily join too.
    May I ask if you're sticking to region specific because of network locals? Shorter distances? Seeing a lot of red flag network on my lobby screen. Which I assume means a long distance, high ping to that player.
    That said, I have not had any negative lag experience in race. Seem pretty solid regardless of ping I saw in lobby. I do get lag in pre race sessions seemingly every time a player enters or leaves. A fraction of a second of it a few times a lap makes a true flying lap virtually impossible though. Hope that can be sorted out.
    Last edited by IrideGravity; 15-05-2015 at 00:58.

Platform
    PC
    May I ask if you're sticking to region specific because of network locals? Shorter distances? Seeing a lot of red flag network on my lobby screen. Which I assume means a long distance, high ping to that player.
    That said, I have not had any negative lag experience in race. Seem pretty solid regardless of ping I saw in lobby. I do get lag in pre race sessions seemingly every time a player enters or leaves. A fraction of a second of it a few times a lap makes a true flying lap virtually impossible though. Hope that can be sorted out.
    I get that also, only notice it when a player joins the lobby. Haven't noticed any lag during races either.