Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does lap time leader board show even those people who used all assists on?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Does lap time leader board show even those people who used all assists on?

I don't know if there is already tread about this but I am wondering when looking at leader boards and seeing those fast lap times in time trials and community events , what settings did these people use same as mine or did they use all assists on or some of them on.I race with all assists of so are times I am seeing from people who use same settings as mine or is everybody's time on there even those people who used all assists? If that is like that than there is no point in trying to get fastest lap times if you are going against people who use all assists on in the game.

Platform
    XBOX1
    The ingame one doesnt but the "other" one does which is linked to steam pc users
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV

Platform
    PC
    Assists tbh slow you down. The alien times are just damn good drivers.
    System - i7 2600k @4.4 GHz | Asus Z68 Deluxe | 16 GB G.Skill DDR3 @ 2133 | MSI GTX 980 ti | 2x Samsung 500GB SSD | Samsung 1 TB 7.2k | Seagate 2TB Barracuda 7.2k | 1TB WD Green | 2 TB WD green | LG 23' 1920x 1080 LED LCD | Panasonic 42" 100Hz 1080p TV | Logitech Driving Force EX Wheel | Logitech G27 | Corsair K60 | Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Ed + Dashmeter Pro AC/Pcars | MS 360 controller
    The following user likes this Post: Gordon

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I want to turn my abs on maybe driving line but I don't want to at the same time because that is not real racing. I am always 2 sec slower than best lap times on almost all racing tracks, could this be the case that with abs and racing lines these people are getting 2 sec on me or maybe they are better drivers than me. I play on PS4 trying to save some money to buy a gaming PC. It would be nice if developers would patch this up and had 2 leaderboards one that uses assists and one that uses no assists. I know some assists can slow you down like traction control but some assists can really help you get that fast time on the track.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AshenShugar View Post
    Assists tbh slow you down. The alien times are just damn good drivers.
    That entirely depends on your skill level and to some degree on the car you're driving. ABS can be a huge boon with most cars, but the rest will also help the vast majority of drivers out there. On the absolute top? Yeah, there the assists will probably hold you back, but not by more than a couple of tenths.
    Last edited by David Semperger; 15-05-2015 at 20:38.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Practice OP makes u better... with clio uve to be smooth and hit the throttle early. me as ell have problems with clio, im around 52 if im not wrong, still need to be more smooth. for example with mercedes gt3 i did 30th at the end, could be better if i did some set up on my car, but still solid performance.

so, practice, try different racing lines, and drive withooput tc and you can stability control leave ON and locking tyres ON, everything turn OFF and practice....

jebote jugo45

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Some of the road cars are almost undriveable without assists - the Gumpert and the V8 Atom for example, at least in their base tune. The Clio is slower with assists on, and they aren't called for by it's general driveability. If people are finding it hard to control a car, or are just slower without them, people will use them. It's pretty much that simple.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    The secret is to practice, practice and practice and practice some more.
    You cant expect to just jump into any car at any track and expect to get best lap times.
    Then you move onto the setups and adjust a few things one or two at a time to try and improve your times.
    High elevation tracks will reduce power so you have to compensate with setup changes.
    Do at least 2 or 3 laps to get all the temps (oil/water/tires) at optimum temps.

Just like real life.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: Bavarian Turbo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by wearymick View Post
    Some of the road cars are almost undriveable without assists - the Gumpert and the V8 Atom for example, at least in their base tune. The Clio is slower with assists on, and they aren't called for by it's general driveability. If people are finding it hard to control a car, or are just slower without them, people will use them. It's pretty much that simple.
    I love the V8 atom with no assists even at base tune. Not tried the Gumpert, though from what you say, it sounds like it'll be a blast too.
    System Specs:MSI GTX 980 | i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB Kingston SSD | Win 10 [x64]
    Display: Oculus Rift DK2 CV1 / 50" LED TV.
    Input: T300 GTE Rim / G27 Pedals + Shifter / VoiceAttack

Platform
    XBOX1
    on one hand it seems a bit unfair that driver with automatic and all ads are in front of people who take the real thrill. But for example GT3 Cars use in Reality ABS ,ASR and Traction control. I think if you set the ads to real is okay. But automatic drivers never should be in front of a guy who shifts by hes own
    The following user likes this Post: ammonthenephite