Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Struggling with T300RS

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Struggling with T300RS

Struggling with my wheel. It's really heavy, and the force to take the wheel back to the centre is too high. After coming out of a corner I'd like to let the wheel slip back to center as I would in a real car, but it's far too strong and ends up snapping back so hard that it counter steers in the opposite direction. I've set up the FFB settings as per my own spreadsheet, so it's not that...

More serious issues are that the wheel isn't central - when pCars starts, the top blue line on the wheel itself is maybe 10 degrees to the right. I launch the calibration and when it says to fully lock the wheel the calibration says '96' - I have to force the wheel past it's soft lock to get it to 100. Driving an Audi GT3 car I expected my wheel to lock to the same rotation as the GT3 wheel itself, but it doesn't - when the car in game stops being able to turn it's wheel, my T300RS will carry on turning and it leaves me with about a turn and a half of no control whatsoever until the wheel gets back to the physical limits of the GT3. I thought the wheel would stop at whatever the in game car can do?

I've never used a wheel before so not sure if it's just because I'm getting used to it, but it feels extremely heavy and stupidly hard to control compared to a DS4 controller.

On top of this, can anyone give some deadzone/sensitivity settings for when using a wheel? I'm not fond of how it handles by default.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Try this https://doc-0s-c0-docs.googleusercon...U1U?e=download
    If it's too heavy try turning down the FB to 75. When calibrating the wheel on the 90d one make sure it reads 900. Hope this helps.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    maybe this can help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlOdRTB4njY

Platform
    PS4
    I'm not with the ps4 to check any figures but I'm very pleased with my t300.....none of your issues with mine, so it will be the set up rather than the wheel itself that needs attention

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Realignment instuctions here. You need to do this in the ps4 home screen not in game.
    http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index...&pid=375&cid=6

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Feetabix View Post
    I'm not with the ps4 to check any figures but I'm very pleased with my t300.....none of your issues with mine, so it will be the set up rather than the wheel itself that needs attention
    I'm sure it is, but aside from following my own FFB spreadsheet and doing the calibration as the game tells me, I don't know what else I can do.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Realignment instuctions here. You need to do this in the ps4 home screen not in game.
    Thank you, I'll try this later

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    i had the same problem this is my 1st wheel aswell. im on ps4, the calibration i just kept trying it till i got the wheel back to center try just 45 degree on the second option then try th option 1 again untill its center, as for the wheel not turning with the wheel, ingame reduce the steering ration input (in game options) this helped me alot!! and use the first part on the pdf this hads made the game alot better for me

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Did you actually try this? I tried yesterday but I absolutely don't understand the instructions. How am I supposed to press start and select at the same time with this wheel? Start / select should actually be "options" / "share" on PS4 or not? But the problem is, options / share is the switch on the bottom right and you cannot turn in two direction at the same time.

Is it me or is it the manual?
    PSN: entekmedia | Feel free to invite me

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dwalldorf View Post
    Did you actually try this? I tried yesterday but I absolutely don't understand the instructions. How am I supposed to press start and select at the same time with this wheel? Start / select should actually be "options" / "share" on PS4 or not? But the problem is, options / share is the switch on the bottom right and you cannot turn in two direction at the same time.

Is it me or is it the manual?
    4) Make sure that your racing wheel is perfectly centered ; while holding it in this
    position, press the START, SELECT & MODE buttons simultaneously :
    * PS & GT WHEEL = SE + ST + MODE