Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Penalty system

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Penalty system

First of all, I want to say that I'm completely in love with this game. And by the way, sorry about my english, is not my mother tongue.

Once I said that, for god sake, could you guys make a decent, or at least moral, penalty system. I know nothing about programming, but it has to be not that difficult to do it. Even with my ignorance, I want to suggest some things:

(car A-ahead, car B-behind)

- It should be not that difficult to set the physics engine to determine when a drivers ram another. Just something like, If after the impact car A gets out of lines, car B gets an advice. If car B gets two advices or if the first ram was to heavy, he gets a drive throug. If after the impact, car B overtakes car A, car be is forced to return the position (by the same system you use for the cuting corners, but with no timer, just keep car B slow till car A overtakes him) The same for position winning due to cuting (and okay, make an exception just for that rare cases when overtaked cars drive into the pit lane, or you will get the infractor waiting too long...wich... is not that bad anyway...xd)

- When car B is near to car A, car A can not cross over the midlane twice (at least on the main straights) that will prevent continuos line changes to defend position. I know that it is a game, but it feels frustrating when you keep your Kers to overtake someone, and it get uselees just because you are clean and refuses to ram others that are blocking you.

- Put some side indicators just when a car initiates the overtake on us. I like to drive clean, but your mirrors are far from perfect (but they are pretty, I give you that ;-) It will be good to make a gradual indicator. Once the indicator reach a determined point, atack the vertex like there is no one there must be penalized too, because you are hitting another driver, and the indicator tells you that is going to happen so, you have no excuse. (but I recognize that this one it may be hard to put into the game. So hard to determine when is a casual contact and when is a hard one, at least make the indicator)

- Make a list of Rammers. Lets put them to play against theirselfs. If you got penalized 5 times in a day, you can only play with Rammers for another day.

That is more or less what I like to see in the game. Guys, you did a TITANIC job with this game. You risked with the first real simracing game on consoles. You decided that simulation and competition can work on consoles, and we all respect you for that. But simulation does not work if people can play arcade without penalization. Every one can play as they please, of course, thats the reason because you put all that configuration options, but please, pay a little more of attention to those who really want to race seriously bescause, at the and, we are the ones that make your game different and unique.

Take a look (I´m sure you already did that) to iRacing online competition. People drive clean, and why? because not doing it penalize you hard. Every one knows that game for that. Project Car is not iRacing, I get that, and for me, it is even better because it was created from the community and for the community. And thats why I'm writting this, because as a part of that community, I feel the game mine too.

Thx for reading this, and drive safe!!

PD: in case you are not going to take my suggestions into consideration, I offer you another option... PUT WEAPONS ON THE CARS!!! THAT WOULD BE EVEN MORE CAOTIC!!

have fun, best regards.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Charlie2k, cloakdeath, Dasidnii, forhaud, jim jonez, xxoxxGURUxxoxx

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    There should be a balanced system for positive and negative points. Negative being the obvious offtracks, spins and contacts and positive being clean and fast laps. Every clean lap should get you positive points and podiums get you even more points. That should provide something to grind for. But now races are literally pointless and that is not preventing bad driving. It's the same in AC. There's no incentive to race clean.

Platform
    PS4
    I agree with o05170o.

I think SMS lied us, because there isn't penalty system, well, there is one, but is bad, very bad.
    I know I have to play with friends, but I want to play against all the players, not only vs my friends.

Please focus on it and fix it.

BR.
    The following user likes this Post: xxoxxGURUxxoxx

Platform
    PC
    I'm not quite sure SMS lied, but there were features initially discussed that didn't make the release cut.

I've tried to get a definitive on the safety system, to understand if it is just not presented via the UI, but the code is sitting behind the scenes, but I've not heard anything yet. You are all right it's something that needs to be looked at and implemented, although I don't think you'll see iRacing levels of penalties.

SMS are working on many of the features that didn't make the cut and obviously at the mo they are working hard on fixing the known issues. In the interim I would look around to see if there are any groups you could join where the racing is a little less chaotic. You're all PC racers it seems, so have a look at The Gents Club (TGC), these guys do not tolerate bad behaviour. In the multiplayer event planning forum section there are more groups looking for members, so I would give that a shot for now.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Charlie2k, Max Kelly

Platform
    PS4
    I'm console player, and I play with T300RS.

I think I'm a clean player, well, I try to be it always, for this reason I added new friends to my list on PS4.

Maybe, confirm that SMS lied is too much, but is the feeling I have.

I hope, the best is yet to come...

BTW, the game is pretty good, but needs fix online penalty system
    The following user likes this Post: xxoxxGURUxxoxx

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm not saying that sms lie to us, well, they make advice and marketing so... YOU KNOW THEY LIE!! (just kidding) The lie, is implied. If you sell the game like the ultimate simracing one, you need to pay attention to those things. A strong penalty system does not hurt anyone, just set it like all the other options in game. Free to chose. It is simple select the penalty system: suicide squad / amateur / profesional / sim racing. You guys, or they, did it with every single option in game, wich options are near to endless, just make penalty system one option more. Furthermore, that way, you let us, the users decide what is fun or not. If I like the extreme car damage (xtreme, not what you did wich is semi arcade but still the most realistic on consoles) and extreme penalty system, and people dont like that... No one is joining my race, but at least, I have the choice.

Seriously, it is not that hard. Well I know and respect lazyness, and belive me, not a single PCars developer is more lazy than me hahaha, but please, take it into consideration. I repeat what I said, you started hearing at the community, please, keep it that way.

And congrats again by the monster game you did!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie2k View Post
    I'm console player, and I play with T300RS.

I think I'm a clean player, well, I try to be it always, for this reason I added new friends to my list on PS4.

Maybe, confirm that SMS lied is too much, but is the feeling I have.

I hope, the best is yet to come...

BTW, the game is pretty good, but needs fix online penalty system
    Unfortunately there are features that didn't make the initial release cut. It's frustrating and there are a few things I'm disappointed with, but given the scope of what they were trying to do with the budget they had and the approach with the community assisted WMD portal, I'm damned happy with what we have today, and when some of the bugs are ironed out and they can look at new features. Tho I am slightly biased

Based on some of the threads running back a couple of years there are a lot of great requests, like safety cars, telemetry for consoles, XB1 2nd screen (tablet things, can't recall it's proper name right now), hill climb tracks, online safety rating system, dedicated server and league management features, better rain implementation, deeper exposure of API data, snow, rally tracks, etc. Some have been completely dismissed, but some are still on the devs radar.

I can't see exactly what's on this list, but suffice to say SMS are far from done with pCars and I can't wait to see what's next over the coming months.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by o05170o View Post
    I know nothing about programming, but it has to be not that difficult to do it.
    But you are wrong, it is that difficult to do.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Selsted View Post
    But you are wrong, it is that difficult to do.
    Well, far from my intention to start an arguing about programming, but, from my absolutely ignorance, maybe is an answer for the developers to give. But obviously I apreciate your endless wisdom, thx mate. You seem to know much better than I how programming is, so, just to make sure that the devs do not miss an expert like you, can you give them some tips? I mean, how do you and your skills fix the penalty system?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR69 View Post
    There should be a balanced system for positive and negative points. Negative being the obvious offtracks, spins and contacts and positive being clean and fast laps. Every clean lap should get you positive points and podiums get you even more points. That should provide something to grind for. But now races are literally pointless and that is not preventing bad driving. It's the same in AC. There's no incentive to race clean.
    iRacing does it by calculating, and keeping track of, "corners per incident". The more laps you drive, the higher your corners number goes. That's the positive. Bad stuff generates "incident points".....Run off the track and not hit anything or spin and that's an incident(1 point), Brush a wall alongside the track - incident(1 point), hit someone that's a BIG incident(4 points), spin out and hit a wall and that's an incident (2 points), etc... If you haven't guessed by now incident points are the negative. The corners per incident determines your licence level for the most part (there are minimum competition requirements as well but the incident points and corners counts are the meat of it.)

The better you get, the higher your licence, and the cleaner the racing gets. I am a B license and let me tell you, racing is a LOT more fun then it was when I was a D or a Rookie licence. Those races were like the crash fests you see in the public lobbies. But you had to find a way to get through them and advance your license to get out of them. I learned a LOT about avoiding accidents, how to recognize who you could race with and who to stay away from, how to get a pass done quickly and safely, and how to recognize the car's limits in those races. And I am still learning......

It definitely works and it definitely makes the online racing more fun.....and it forces you to get better.
    Dell Intel® Core™ i5-4460 Processor 3.40 GHz
    12GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz; Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English
    EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-Bit GDDR5
    Fanatec Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel with CSR Elite Pedals and shifters
    Single HD monitor 32"; Turtle Beach EarForce XP400 headphones
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cloakdeath, NemethR