Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This could potentially be sub-optimal for me.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

This could potentially be sub-optimal for me.

I have joined this forum quick to see if there is any last hope for me to remotely enjoy this game.

I bought the limited edition version for PS4 as I was to excited for this game being a massive GT and Forza fan and most other racers..

But the steering in this game is just so off its unreal. I have played with the setting and found a post on another forum with setting which I have also tried.

Its like I'm driving on ice.. I'll be braking under control and then all of a sudden the car will just steer off one way and when tring to recover form this is so twitchy. A few races its been ok but 99.9% of the time is so frustrating. And because of the cocky handling you mildly come off the track and that laps invalid.. And sometimes even the next one will be!!!

I have never played such a frustrating racer and REGRET buying this. Its the biggest disappointing release for me...

Is there any tips or ideas to resolve my frustrating issues to help me enjoy this game.. Or get rid?.. Its a loss on money and move on....
    Last edited by a98pmalcolm; 14-05-2015 at 00:53.
    The following user likes this Post: robnroll88

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by a98pmalcolm View Post
    I have joined this forum quick to see if there is any last hope for me to remotely enjoy this game.

I bought the limited edition version for PS4 as I was to excited for this game being a massive GT and Forza fan and most other racers..

But the steering in this game is just so off its unreal. I have played with the setting and found a post on another forum with setting which I have also tried.

Its like I'm driving on ice.. A few races its been ok but 99.9% of the time is so frustrating. And because of the cocky handling you mildly come off the track and that laps invalid.. And sometimes even the next one will be!!!

I have never played such a frustrating racer and REGRET buying this. Its the biggest disappointing release for me...

Is there any tips or ideas to resolve my frustrating issues to help me enjoy this game.. Or get rid?.. Its a loss on money and move on....
    Do you have traction controll on?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Switch on all the aids, except steering and braking. Keep ABS, Stability and Traction on - I'm assuming you're using a controller? Start there along with the settings from here and see how you feel. I know it's not the 'done thing' and goes against your racing instinct to run with driver aids, but it will make it more manageable initially - then you can start switching them off. The biggest difference comes from increasing the Speed Sensitivity, play with that first.
    The following user likes this Post: Skullblits69

WMD Member
    You driving with a wheel or a controller? I know it sounds strange but have you tried just cruising around the track a few laps? This game is gonna handle different that GT or FM. You cant drive it the same way.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Learn to drive noob

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucester View Post
    Learn to drive noob
    how your helpful.. douche..

Ok thanks all.. will keep tryin with what u advised..
    After messing about will settings is there a reset to defaults if i make it worse?

Platform
    PS4
    Setting up your controller 1001 times will not help but only add to your frustration, put the game down and wait for the patch buddy
    PS4
    Apologies Grammar not so great, building skills first class
    The following user likes this Post: robnroll88

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Have you considered investing in a wheel?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    sorry fellas forgot to say it is a controller.

Id love a wheel but i have no room and no table to use it on as its a single sofa chair in use.

What patch is this you speak off?

WMD Member
    I use a wheel from sofa with one of these: http://wheelstandpro.com/

Excellent piece of kit, and it folds down.