Thread: Separate Leaderboards for Assist v. No Assist

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Separate Leaderboards for Assist v. No Assist

Okay, look, this may be a bit out there, but I know there are people who are utilizing all of the assists available to post up these ridiculously low lap times meanwhile the rest of us simracers are pushing track times 10-15 seconds or even more behind them. I'm putting down the absolute best possible outcome in every corner on some maps and my times come no where near the top leaders... Then I realized... Oh, that's right, people play this game with assists and don't have to deal with clutching a 5 speed gearbox through a 16 turn Nuerburgring lap.

Look, pCars team, please help us separate the leaderboards by Assists vs. No Assists. I know you want to attract all crowds, and I also know this game is more "simcade" than "simracing"... But it's definitely not marketed as so, and you do have players that take this game very seriously in many respects. I enjoy every minute that I play, but when I rail every turn perfectly and end up with a 2:21 time vs. the best time on the map is 2:05... I know the person who achieved that time has GOT to be using assists, if not, at the very least using an automatic clutch and shifter.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: ammonthenephite, Max Kelly, Thales Baptista, Wakey

WMD Member
    True, more filtering options (either ingame or through an external website) would be great.
    System: Intel i5 4460, 2x4096MB, GIGABYTE Z97-D3H, Zotac GTX 970 4096MB, Logitech Driving Force Pro, Xbox 360 Gamepad, Xbox One Gamepad, Win10 Professional
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ammonthenephite, Hellbringer

Platform
    PC
    I honestly thought this would have been an obvious thing to do, really. Either separate lists, or have all the times with 'real' and 'no assists' ranked first, and then the rest with assist ranked afterwords. I turned on the assists and hacked a second off my best lap my first lap out, and it moved me up the leaderboard. Not much point to a leaderboard if you mix those who are only doing a portion of the driving with those who are driving the cars as they would be in real life, or with no assists at all.
    [MSI GTX 780 Lightning, OC'd to 1305mhz on air] [Intel i7 4770k de-lidded and oc'd to 4.2ghz w/ H100i corsair water cooler ] [12 gigs of ddr3 RAM] [single monitor/tv at 1920x1080p(LG 1080p plasma)] [Oculus Rift Consumer Version] [Logitech G25 Wheel] [Windows 10 64bit Home] [Nvidia Driver Version - 364.72] [Oculus Rift Runtime 1.3]
    The following user likes this Post: Thales Baptista

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Real life racing all use somekind of assists, so deal with it your slower without tcs etc then accept your place, otherwise put on some assists n if its so easy go take 20 sec off your time lol...you'll be lucky to find 1sec lol...no assist drivers always think there better than they actually are, fact.
    The following user likes this Post: NVI0U5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by EMW Simmo View Post
    Real life racing all use some kind of assists, so deal with it your slower without tcs etc then accept your place, otherwise put on some assists n if its so easy go take 20 sec off your time lol...you'll be lucky to find 1sec lol...no assist drivers always think there better than they actually are, fact.
    If the car has those assists in real life, then fine, they can be used. Though you say that no assist/real assist drivers think they are better than they really are, in fact its the opposite when drivers use assists that the cars don't have in reality. They drive faster than they would otherwise be able to. If the car doesn't have an assist in real life, and you use it in the game, you are slower than you think you are

If you have assists on your car that it doesn't have in real life, you really aren't driving that car, but instead are driving a non-existant car with artificial advantages over the rest.

But, thats neither here nor there. If someone wants to use all the assists and make the game easier than reality they should be free to do so, but it should be noted in the record books. Most all sports maintain different time sheets/records books for different classes and level of assists and modifications. Pcars should do the same and acknowledge the level of skill required to drive the cars as found in reality.
    Last edited by ammonthenephite; 16-05-2015 at 23:49.
    [MSI GTX 780 Lightning, OC'd to 1305mhz on air] [Intel i7 4770k de-lidded and oc'd to 4.2ghz w/ H100i corsair water cooler ] [12 gigs of ddr3 RAM] [single monitor/tv at 1920x1080p(LG 1080p plasma)] [Oculus Rift Consumer Version] [Logitech G25 Wheel] [Windows 10 64bit Home] [Nvidia Driver Version - 364.72] [Oculus Rift Runtime 1.3]
    The following user likes this Post: lollygag

Platform
    XBOX1
    you do realise that often having no assists is quicker than with having assists... if other guys are leaving you in the dust and you have a perfect lap it can be off two things.
    :When coming to the top of the Leaderboards your setup/tune plays a bit part.
    :You arent using the car to its peak potential
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV

Platform
    PC
    you do realise that often having no assists is quicker than with having assists
    Sometimes, yes. But when you are driving a formula A for car for example where your downforce is dependent on speed and your weight to HP ratio is very high, a computer controlling something like traction control makes you consistantly faster than a human. Its one of the reasons it was removed from formula one, and why they don't allow automatics and such. There would be no contest between a human with human limitations and a computer that senses any wheel slip many, many times a second and instantly corrects, while keeping your wheels from locking in similar fashion, etc. All of this allows the driver using unreal assists to place more focus on racing lines, etc because they don't have to worry nearly as much about throttle control, break control, shift points, and so on.

Now, if they factored this into the assists and placed a limitation on what you can do with them as some games do, then its a non-issue. But if adding traction control to a car that never had it makes it behave like a high performance car with high performance traction control, then their lap record should indicate it was done with additional assists, and that it is not a simulation of a fast lap done with that car with its accompanying real world abilities. If its a case of the latter, then there should definitely be two separate time sheets, one for real/no assists, and the other for an open/modified class that would allow the modifications necessary to add those things to cars that didn't have them stock.

This is assuming of course that Pcars wishes to be taken seriously as a simulator rather than being viewed as just another Shift type arcade game.
    Last edited by ammonthenephite; 17-05-2015 at 09:36.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    No assists will be faster, just wait and see as the tunes get better. Trust me on this.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MULTIVITZ View Post
    No assists will be faster, just wait and see as the tunes get better. Trust me on this.
    No.. thats not true.

As for the separate assists/no assists leaderboards, I'd be fine with that.. I'll post my wr's on both.
    Last edited by lollygag; 21-05-2015 at 20:54.
    Some Racers Have Grand Prix

Oh,RUF.ast?

EVGA X99 Classified i7 5960X @4.7Ghz 3x EVGA GTX TITAN 6GB @1342Mhz 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @2400MHz Lsi MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i @2500MB/s 4x 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOP @RAID 0 4x 1TB WD Caviar Black @RAID 10 2x Corsair AX1200 @12V 3 Dell UltraSharp U3011 @My Desk