Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please post your car tuning setups for us newbies here.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Please post your car tuning setups for us newbies here.

Please post your car tuning setups for us newbies as I am one of those newbies.
    It would very, very, very appreciated if you great car setup persons would post the car and tuneup specs. I am having a very tough time with setups and am at the Road Class Cars. Thanks and appreciation for you.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Irvin Parrett View Post
    Please post your car tuning setups for us newbies as I am one of those newbies.
    It would very, very, very appreciated if you great car setup persons would post the car and tuneup specs. I am having a very tough time with setups and am at the Road Class Cars. Thanks and appreciation for you.
    I hope this idea works for you, but a large part of the game is about tuning, and a lot of tuners will not give their tunes away, as it is very time consuming, best of luck.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died."
    butter is lovely
    The following user likes this Post: SuzLing2326

Platform
    PS4
    Check out the tuning guides on this section of the forum. Some helpful videos, explanations and guides.

Something a lot of people don't realise is tuning is very personal and comes down to personal preference/ driving style.

Some guys like an oversteer setup and it gets them fast times. You may prefer an understeer setup so it won't suit you.

Personally I prefer a wild rear end xD
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 4 users likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar, guyr1, NVI0U5, Supaaafly

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Check out the tuning guides on this section of the forum. Some helpful videos, explanations and guides.

Something a lot of people don't realise is tuning is very personal and comes down to personal preference/ driving style.

Some guys like an oversteer setup and it gets them fast times. You may prefer an understeer setup so it won't suit you.

Exactly what Hk said I have a formula a tune for ppl to use but is setup for how I prefer driving.
    Tuned setups are tailormade what may work for one may not work for another, its just experimenting and finding out what works for you. There's no magic tune its practice and r&d
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV

Platform
    PS4
    I'm terrible with road and GT cars at the moment. Haven't driven them much so don't have a tune to share. Spending most of my time with FA and LMP cars.

The GT3 aren't as much fun as I'd hoped.

I like the Gumpert.

This one is pretty basic but goes alright:-

RWD P30 LMP1 @ Bathurst
    (Numbers go top to bottom of each setup page, symmetrical for L/R)
    Tire pressures 1.70 bar F/R

Brakes 90, 60, 40

Downforce 7/7, bias 52

Alignment 13.5, 7.5, -2.4, -2.0, -0.2, 0.2

Suspension 65, 75, 150, 120, 300, 30

Bump stops 5mm x4

Dampers 10500, 9900, 3000, 3000, 11500, 11500, 3500, 3500

Diff 25, 50, 0, 10, 95

Gears 2.92 2.84 2.23 1.194 1.72 1.47 1.34

And full boost xD

Got 1:54.011 #37 on PS4 time trial ;D

Need to find a spare USB stick to copy screenshots from my PS4...
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Well yes and no. I belive an axle loses grip for a reason, with the invention of anti roll bars it has made chassis dynamics compicated to understand. These race cars have different suspension designs and have to be treated as such when adjustment in considered. When looking for maximum grip the cars aero devices have to be considered. Some cars naturally have one end superior to the other and getting the weak end working can influence the cars driving style preference. It's upto the tuner to make the cars drivable with grip, its up to the driver to know how how to drive it. The driver should know what the tuner knows and relay their findings, the tuner should know how to drive it and give advice. The car improves through the driver wanting to go faster by any means, the tuner spotting shortcomings in the cars handling and remedying by adjustment or advice. Sorry to bang on, I hope this helps.
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 22-05-2015 at 12:22.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MULTIVITZ View Post
    Well yes and no. I belive an axle loses grip for a reason, with the invention of anti roll bars it has made chassis dynamics compicated to understand. These race cars have different suspension designs and have to be treated as such when adjustment in considered. When looking for maximum grip the cars aero devices have to be considered. Some cars naturally have one end superior to the other and getting the weak end working can influence the cars driving style preference. It's upto the tuner to make the cars drivable with grip, its up to the driver to know how how to drive it. The driver should know what the tuner knows and relay their findings, the tuner should know how to drive it and give advice. The car improves through the driver wanting to go faster by any means, the tuner spotting shortcomings in the cars handling and remedying by adjustment or advice. Sorry to bang on, I hope this helps.
    What you're saying only applies in this context. What I'm saying is - you and I could have the same pace, but have different setups for the same car, same track. I might find your setup too over-steery, and vice versa. Go ahead and copy my tune I'm sure you'll find areas to improve. I'm also happy for you to bring me back my setup and say "hey, I keep spinning on 2nd gear out of this corner" or "the steering is a bit nervous/darty" I'll suggest the changes for you - you gotta then run a few laps on the new setup and tell me how you like it.

You're the driver. I'm the tuner. I can present to you a well setup car, but the fine-tuning has to come from you to personalise to your driving style, so that you get the most enjoyment/performance from the car.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 24-05-2015 at 16:07.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    XBOX1
    Corvette Instagram @widowmaker_z06
    Xbox One gamertag: Xx PartyBoy xxX
    The following user likes this Post: madmax2069

Platform
    PS4
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    What you're saying only applies in this context. What I'm saying is - you and I could have the same pace, but have different setups for the same car, same track. I might find your setup too over-steery, and vice versa. Go ahead and copy my tune I'm sure you'll find areas to improve. I'm also happy for you to bring me back my setup and say "hey, I keep spinning on 2nd gear out of this corner" or "the steering is a bit nervous/darty" I'll suggest the changes for you - you gotta then run a few laps on the new setup and tell me how you like it.

You're the driver. I'm the tuner. I can present to you a well setup car, but the fine-tuning has to come from you to personalise to your driving style, so that you get the most enjoyment/performance from the car.
    As a driver you can't just say I want oversteer let me tweak it my way to get it how I like it!! You do it that way and you'll be fine having fun dicking over your mates. If you have a car that has been carefully tuned over a lot of terrain to give an allround performance compromise, then altering the tune has to be done in the best way that suits the tune/car/track. I can think of dozens of ways to get a car, or tune to oversteer I really can, some of the methods are magic to those who have never seen them! All I'm trying to say is a chassis is complex and a tuner should know this, most drivers do and casual ones tend to shy away from understanding it. Just give me da tune, I'll alter the brake pressure OMG what have you done!!!!
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 25-05-2015 at 09:31.