Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clan AOD is recruiting clean racers!

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Clan AOD is recruiting clean racers!

EDIT: AOD is more than just a racing league, we are a total gaming community. We are a Clan. We work together in many different games. If you want to join our racing leagues, you must join our Clan. You can still race in other leagues after you join, you just have to be representing AOD by wearing our tags in your name (like "AOD_Danneskjold").

Ahoy hoy from Clan AOD!

We have just started up a new division in the Project Cars game. A little background on AOD: We are a 15+ year old clan (the clan will be applying for a learner's permit in october...) that currently has 2,200+ members across various active divisions like Planetside 2, World of Tanks, War Thunder, Archeage, Battlefield and others, and several divisions in Trial Status as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aod-centered1.png 
Views:	729 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	202708

AOD used to have a NASCAR division ~10 years ago that played NASCAR2002 and 2003 online to great success. One of the NASCAR division Commanding Officers has returned to AOD and has started this Project Cars division. With him he has brought a lot of his old drivers, most of whom have been playing various hardcore racing games (like iRacing) since. We are also recruiting new AOD members and newer hardcore drivers (like myself). So far we are up to 60 full-time members, and still going.

We are looking for racers who like to do a clean race, with no ramming. If you don't race clean, don't bother applying.

AOD is starting up several leagues that are closed to outside membership. These league races will last a month, be of varying car classes / specific cars on a prescheduled track rotation, with a champion of each league being crowned at the end. There are also teams, with a Team Championship being awarded at the end.

There are also pre-planned individual races separate from the racing leagues. For example, tonight at 8PM Eastern (May 15th, 2015) our officer AOD_Venom will be hosting an AOD only Formula C race on the Azure Circuit, with practice and qualifying times, and 20 laps with realistic weather.

You may also have seen our open rooms titled "ClanAOD.net" ! We open these up to scout out new members and introduce ourselves to the community. We are looking for the clean racers who are willing to work hard to get better.

A partial video of our first longer race from one of our prolific videographers, Erock: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnB...VTRFx8lUR1CDpw .

Some time down the line we plan on opening several Dedicated Servers, once those functions work better. And once we're established and doing well, we'll start opening up Invitational Races and possibly even Invitational Leagues. Other people from the community as well as other Clans / Teams will be invited to race with us and against us.

So apply now! http://www.clanaod.net/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=46

Or if you are still unsure, check us out: http://www.clanaod.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=541

We'll be posting the results of our races here and on reddit, as well as videos of the action, so keep an eye on this thread! If you have any questions, please ask them here.

One last word: Clan AOD forbids multi-clanning. If you are a member of a clan that participates in one of our other divisions, you will be asked to leave that clan before joining. So please check our division list before joining.
    Last edited by AOD_Danneskjold; 19-06-2015 at 23:14.

Kart Driver
    Mustang Boss League starting 5/20 Join AOD to be apart of it!

Platform
    PC
    Your AOD Clan server for pCARS MP was listed yesterday but I couldn't connect to it. Haven't played pCARS today. You might want to check your server operation. Is it a Dedicated server?
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 powered by Intel i7-3770K @ 4.2GHz, 2 x 8GB DDR3 @ 1867MHz, EVGA GTX-1080Ti SC2Hybrid/ 11GB, Logitech G25 Wheel & Pedals.
    Racer name "EZTarget". Also play Project Cars, GRID Autosport, GRID 2, Assetto Corsa, RRRE, TDU 2, Shift2, GGE & other racing games
    I am a Silver Level pCARS2 development supporter.

Platform
    PC
    fk yeah im applying.
    cant do a single normal race without getting rammed.

im in for something 'realistic'
    Case -Alienware Area 51 Late 2014
    Monitor/OS -LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 (Curved) / Windows 8.1
    GPU/STORAGE -SLI Nvidia GTX 980 Reference Cards / 128GB SSD + 2TB HDD
    CPU/RAM -Intel I7 5820K 6 Cores, 3.3Ghz - 3.8Ghz Boost / 16GB Quad Channel DDR4 2.133Mhz (4x4GB)

ProjectCARS Setup -Xbox one Controller / No Traction Control / Anti brake system On / Manual Gearing / Helmet View
    The following user likes this Post: sailordude9980

Platform
    PC
    I joined 'the clan'

I do not see a Project Cars section on ur site.
    So how do i know which game to join and with password and stuff.. aand thaangs
    Case -Alienware Area 51 Late 2014
    Monitor/OS -LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 (Curved) / Windows 8.1
    GPU/STORAGE -SLI Nvidia GTX 980 Reference Cards / 128GB SSD + 2TB HDD
    CPU/RAM -Intel I7 5820K 6 Cores, 3.3Ghz - 3.8Ghz Boost / 16GB Quad Channel DDR4 2.133Mhz (4x4GB)

ProjectCARS Setup -Xbox one Controller / No Traction Control / Anti brake system On / Manual Gearing / Helmet View

Platform
    PS4
    Ok nice!
    RazorSharpRacing:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/705917809533669/?fref=nf

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
    I joined 'the clan'

I do not see a Project Cars section on ur site.
    So how do i know which game to join and with password and stuff.. aand thaangs
    Sorry for the late reply, got caught up in our first league race (tonight is our second). Registering on the forums is not the same as joining Clan AOD. You need to send in an application here: http://www.clanaod.net/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=46 Or check out our forums here: http://www.clanaod.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=541

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    We've had our first two League Races of our season (1 month).

The rules are pretty simple. 15 minutes practice from 8PM eastern. 10 minutes qualifying, 5 minutes warmup. Then 20 laps.

First was the Classic DTM Group A League result on the Brands Hatch course:

Next was the GT4 / Mustang Boss 302 League on the Watkins Glen Short course:

Lastly, just for fun (though some of our members have a twisted perspective on fun) we did an open session with the Lotus 98T Renault Turbo.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Video from our DTM class league race courtesy of Erock:

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Season results so far:

Everyone in our division is on a team, and team results counts, too.