Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Um, is this a HUGE bug or intended or my game just messed up?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Um, is this a HUGE bug or intended or my game just messed up?

Here's the situation...

Running a quick race.

Cars: Formula A

I set up a quick solo race at Spa for 10 laps against 35 opponents with a 30 minute qually session.

The problem:

When running the qually session with 35 opponents I can barely squeeze out 2:20'ish for a lap time.

Now, if I exit out and do the EXACT same quick race but just change the amount of AI cars to 1 I can run 30 seconds faster (1:50'ish). Is the lowered frame rate actually causing the time to run wrong?

I don't recall seeing this issue brought up so if it has been I'm sorry. Something is terribly wrong.

For anybody thinking I may not be telling the truth about the 1:50'ish here's a screenshot I took a little bit ago...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sat_May_16_00-05-19_CDT_2015.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	202793
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Apoc112, KiNGZWANGSJACKE, KkDrummer, robnroll88, svenvangent, TylerDurden4321

Platform
    PC
    Uh-oh. I know that from other games that demand lots of CPU power. This looks like some kind of physics slow-down which doesn't affect the system clock and therefore you'd get increasing times with more load. Thsi isn't a problem exclusive to Project CARS but basically every game you have out there.* We used to have that on the PC, too, but the dev team squashed that by some magic and a throttling physics update rate.

Homework for you: Could you please try to "throttle" the problem by testing that issue with increasing amounts of AI, f.e. with 0/10/20/25/30/35 AI opponents? Important: use the same game mode with the same track, the same weather, the same starting position (front is totally okay) etc.

* SPOILER ALERT FOR THE GAME "MASS EFFECT", TEXT BELOW IS WHITE. MARK IT IN ORDER TO BE VISIBLE.
    I had that in Mass Effect. On Ilos, when you had to get to the mass portal with your Mako, on a 1x 2.53GHz machine I constantly failed to complete the task to be there within 30 seconds and I had 2 or 3 seconds missing in order to be there. Then I bought a 2x 2.0GHz laptop, and bang, I comfortably made it with ten seconds left. UI also can remember that TOCA Race Driver 3 suffered from this problem as I was constantly the slowest in qualifying but rocked the competition in races day in, day out.
    Last edited by Patrick Kulinski; 16-05-2015 at 06:43.
    There's no "I" in "team", but there's a "we" in "weapon".
    --- 5% Club member --- former TGC member and steward --- RSR member --- Steam Name: Mortimer8701 ---
    Gigabyte H77-D3H | Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4x3.4GHz) | Inno3D GeForce 970 iChill X4 Air Boss (4GB[-0.5GB]) | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Win 8 Pro x64 | Thrustmaster T500 RS /w F1 rim | HTC Vive
    System Drive: Sandisk Extreme 120GB | Storage drive: WD Green 2TB (pCARS space) | Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus | Power supply: Corsair GS600

TIP: If you post your system details in your signature, you will help make it easier to identify potential hardware/driver related issues.
    To edit your signature, click Control Panel (top right corner) and in your control panel, look under the My Settings header on the left for Edit Signature.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: ermo, Mark Bevan, thisisbleep, yusupov

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Interesting....
    How about timing it with a real clock to see what, if any, time is the real time?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kulinski View Post
    Uh-oh. I know that from other games that demand lots of CPU power. This looks like some kind of physics slow-down which doesn't affect the system clock and therefore you'd get increasing times with more load. Thsi isn't a problem exclusive to Project CARS but basically every game you have out there.* We used to have that on the PC, too, but the dev team squashed that by some magic and a throttling physics update rate.

Homework for you: Could you please try to "throttle" the problem by testing that issue with increasing amounts of AI, f.e. with 0/10/20/25/30/35 AI opponents? Important: use the same game mode with the same track, the same weather, the same starting position (front is totally okay) etc.

* SPOILER ALERT FOR THE GAME "MASS EFFECT", TEXT BELOW IS WHITE. MARK IT IN ORDER TO BE VISIBLE.
    I had that in Mass Effect. On Ilos, when you had to get to the mass portal with your Mako, on a 1x 2.53GHz machine I constantly failed to complete the task to be there within 30 seconds and I had 2 or 3 seconds missing in order to be there. Then I bought a 2x 2.0GHz laptop, and bang, I comfortably made it with ten seconds left. UI also can remember that TOCA Race Driver 3 suffered from this problem as I was constantly the slowest in qualifying but rocked the competition in races day in, day out.
    Here are my test results. It's not a "bug", it's just the horrible frame rate causing the entire game to just chug along and slow down altogether.

Track: Spa
    Cars: Formula A
    Session: 30 Minute Qualifying

These figures are with the EXACT same settings, setups, etc.

No Opponents: 1:48.974
    10 Opponents: 1:50.753
    20 Opponents: 1:51.825
    25 Opponents: 1:53.5xx (Didn't write down the last 2 digits)
    30 Opponents: 2:04.368
    35 Opponents: 2:21.684

Videos as proof. You can literally see the slowdown in the 2nd video even though the speeds I'm running are virtually the same.

Last edited by OneBadHuskerFan; 16-05-2015 at 14:56.

Platform
    PC
    AFAIK this is no FPS issue. (Funnily enough, back then this also was our first assumption.) What happens is that physics steps basically take more time than they should in order to keep a usable physics update rate. This is only dependent on the CPU.

Looking at the issue, this bug isn't as critical as for the PC where with an inferior CPU you weren't even competitive in TT. There were even speedups for superclocked CPUs. All XBoxes are the same, so you'll have a level playing field. If you ask me this should be looked at though, maybe by now it has become an easy fix.

Reported to WMD: http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthrea...f-AI-opponents
    There's no "I" in "team", but there's a "we" in "weapon".
    --- 5% Club member --- former TGC member and steward --- RSR member --- Steam Name: Mortimer8701 ---
    Gigabyte H77-D3H | Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4x3.4GHz) | Inno3D GeForce 970 iChill X4 Air Boss (4GB[-0.5GB]) | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Win 8 Pro x64 | Thrustmaster T500 RS /w F1 rim | HTC Vive
    System Drive: Sandisk Extreme 120GB | Storage drive: WD Green 2TB (pCARS space) | Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus | Power supply: Corsair GS600

TIP: If you post your system details in your signature, you will help make it easier to identify potential hardware/driver related issues.
    To edit your signature, click Control Panel (top right corner) and in your control panel, look under the My Settings header on the left for Edit Signature.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Apoc112, ermo, koda.72

Wow just wow. This game is apparently meant to be a SIM? Look at the proof in the video's

No amount of spin can justify a 30 second time gap, list just keeps getting longer with the amount of problems. This makes a codemasters F1 game look good
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bybukas, Dynomight Motorsports, P1ckN1cker2406, Xraider

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by AsHeavenIsWide View Post
    Wow just wow. This game is apparently meant to be a SIM? Look at the proof in the video's

No amount of spin can justify a 30 second time gap, list just keeps getting longer with the amount of problems. This makes a codemasters F1 game look good
    LMFAO - Codemasters games are NEVER good anymore. Not on consoles anyway. Anyone who is stupid enough to buy F1 2015, enjoy your save game corrupting, the game crashing/freezing, custom lobbies will earn you next to no XP. Upgrades wont work, and tuning will either not work or be backwards, Wont be able to use DLC online if others dont have it.
    [PC]Intel 386 sx-16 [RAM]5x1mb SIMM [HDD] 40MB [GPU] VGA [Monitor] Elonex 17" CRT - SuperVGA [OS] DOS 6.22 / Windows 3.1 [Sound]Soundblaster 16
    [Xbox One]Console [CPU] 8 Core AMD custom CPU Frequency: 1.75 GHz [GPU]Clock Speed: 853 MHz(originally 800 MHz) Shader Cores: 768 Peak Throughput: 1.31 TFLOPS [RAM] 8GB DDR3 Clock: 2133MHz Bandwidth: 68.26 GB/s + 32MB eSRAM [Flash Memory]8GB Flash Memory [HDD] 500 GB Hard Drive 5400rpm [USB] 3.0 [TV] 22" Samsung SMART TV

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Also having trouble with the stuttering ruining my lap times. I'll be running seconds behind the AI and having trouble with the car behaving erratically when the stuttering starts then after a hard reset the game runs smoothly for a while and my times go back to normal. Of course after some time the stuttering comes back and it all starts over again.

Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    It's the frames per second taking a dump. If you run half the max grid size for that particular track, you don't suffer fps issues & your lap times are normal. Hopefully with the upcoming patch, the 6-9% performance increase of the game will fix that issue on Xbox One. The clock is still running it's normal speed, however the action on the screen slows down & leads to slower lap times even though you hitting your marks.

Example at Monza Short you can run a max of 39 AI. FPS suffer & my laps are 3-4 seconds slower. I set the AI to 19 & the FPS is fine & my lap times are normal.
    If the game cant hadle 35 cars on a grid than it shouldent have the option, i would rather have 19 and not the option if the game ran smoothly. The video's above show a 30 second time difference. Is a 10% performance increase going to fix a 30% slower lap time? Video's is running in the dry aswell so add in weather.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: mister dog, wraithsrike, Xraider

Platform
    PC
    This is why we've been screaming for a demo to test these kinds of things. I know from a development standpoint it seems like time taken away from developing new features but it will help so much if we can play demos and have online play events similar to Destiny and Titanfall to sort out these issues. It is not a silver bullet and it won't solve all the issues but I think it will go a long way to highlight the issues and help to create a complete game for final delivery. The PC version seems so much better because that's what everybody was testing. XBox1 is the bastard child and we're suffering the consequences.

At least now I understand why only the Time Trial is used to record the leaderboard lap times. Times between different modes of play and conditions just vary too much to really be able to have a single leaderboard across all modes of play.
    Steam: DuskyDemon
    | Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Thrustmaster TX Ferrari GTE Wheel | Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals | Oculus Rift |
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Beamin, Dynomight Motorsports, HEF51